What's new

Afghan in an Indian wedding

A-Team

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
All right since I am visiting India these days I was invited to an Indian wedding, I must admit I have never had this much fun in my life :D [in a wedding ] comparing to Afghan weddings this Indian wedding was one loud dancing affair, great show.

So much fun, and the Punjabi music is awesome, couldn’t hold myself back and danced for an hour :P

PS: How different are Indian weddings comparing to Pakistani? I would guess most of the items are similar ?

All right since I am visiting India these days I was invited to an Indian wedding, I must admit I have never had this much fun in my life :D [in a wedding ] comparing to Afghan weddings this Indian wedding was one loud dancing affair, great show.

So much fun, and the Punjabi music is awesome, couldn’t hold myself back and danced for an hour :P

PS: How different are Indian weddings comparing to Pakistani? I would guess most of the items are similar ?

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Indians wedding are much grander than pakistan wedding.

Good to know you liked it. there may be a little similarity in the bordering regions, but India is a big and vast country and the rituals vary widely in the other regions.

Okay, so as a Punjabi who has lived in FATA, I feel I am in the right place to answer your question. Yes, as compared to Pukhtun Weddings, Punjabi weddings are a grand affair. People take that shit very seriously, preperations start up to several years in advance. The exact functions vary a little according to faith seeing as Pakistanis have to incorporate Nikkah and Walima as Islamic practices into the marriage ceremony but Mehndi, Dholak and the like are common "Fun" functions that are common to Punjabi weddings on both sides of the border.

Enjoy bro :D

They don't have the good stuff :p:
Daru-2.jpg

Most of North Indian Weddings are typical PUNJABI and BOLLYWOOD cocktail.

Hope you had a nice time. :chilli::chilli:

Back
Top Bottom