What's new

Zynga buys the Turkish game developer Peak for $ 1.8 billion

I'm against this , why Peak will sold the company instead of developing it. Yes, it is easy to talk but when you see the money everything will change, here I think the role of the government should come, they should support online game industries and prepare the infrastructure for them to evolve. So peak will now close it's office in Turkey ? or what the deal is about ?

Seriously most of politicians from all sides see videogames as evil. They are all boomers who see video games as evil.

That mentality wont be chnaging for a long time to be honest.

Good price that will fund many more projects, than they could have ever achieved. Hope to see more of these successful Turkish companies, not only in gaming but also B2B software.

TaleWords is also from Turkey, they made the Mount & Blade series, which is a massive success internationally, including the US.

Do you brothers play it? Is it popular in Turkey?

I used to play Age of Empires 3 in undergrad with friends, there were many Turkish players in that game (all playing Ottomans, lol.)
Tale Worlds is the first Turkish company to make a world-held PC game. They also made their own game engines and developed the Bannerlord with this engine. The number of players who play in Turkey on the rise. For example, after Bannerlord, I have increased my trust in this company and I have learned that a Turkish company has made the game I have always dreamed of in my head. I used to play TOTAL WAR before.

Also, the sale of PEAK is not entirely bad. The last game of the TOTAL WAR series will be made by the production company TOTAL WAR: TROY Sega bought in Bulgaria. I think this purchase will make PEAK stronger. And of course, new game companies can be established with the money coming from here.

There is also a CS: GO class game called ZULA. In Turkey, there is a growing audience of players. It recently launched as a Battle Royale that will enter the PUBG class for Mobile platforms.
https://zulaoyun.com/

There is also DUELLO GAMES. They have a NINJA FRUIT class game called Islash Heroes. There are different versions of the game. The game is pretty fresh and addictive as an idea.

I'm against this , why Peak will sold the company instead of developing it. Yes, it is easy to talk but when you see the money everything will change, here I think the role of the government should come, they should support online game industries and prepare the infrastructure for them to evolve. So peak will now close it's office in Turkey ? or what the deal is about ?
Unobstructed. They bought GRAM GAMES in 2018. MERGED released new versions of the game. I think there will be more successful works. Though TOON BLAST and TOY BLAST were among the top 5 most downloaded in America.

Turkish Games and Companies Sold:

Zynga bought Peak Games' games such as Spades Plus, Gin Rummy Plus, Okey for $ 100 million. (2017)

Zynga bought Gram Games, which debuted with the MERGED game, for $ 250 million. (2018)

-Tencent's subsidiary Miniclip (China) bought Masomo, which debuted with its Head Ball (Kafa Topu) game, for more than $ 100 million. (2019)

And Zynga bought Peak completely for $ 1.8 billion. This sale is being sold in Turkey's biggest company made history with a price dolayısıy. And this company is not a petroleum, natural gas or heavy industry company, but a company. The project, which started as a startup, grew with its original projects and was sold with great value.

Yes, I read that this purchase will boost number of users to 60%. Nice man . do you have information's about gaming companies in Turkey ?

Just to compare.

https://www.cnbc.com/riccardo-zacconi-hitting-the-sweet-spot/

Number crush
“Candy Crush Saga” was launched by King in November 2012, and by November 2017 it, plus “Candy Crush Soda Saga” and “Candy Crush Jelly Saga” had been downloaded 2.73 billion times.

King had revenues of $2.1 billion in the fiscal year which ended September 2015, and in November that same year Activision Blizzard announced it would acquire King for $5.9 billion, in an effort to reach mobile gamers. Co-founder Zacconi owned 9.9% of King, meaning his stake was worth about $584 million.

That $5.9 billion price tag is higher than the sums paid for Marvel and Lucasfilm, which Disney bought for around $4 billion each.

King’s games, which also include “Bubble Witch Saga,” “Farm Heroes Saga” and “Pet Rescue Saga,” had 247 million monthly active users (MAU) as of the third quarter 2019, down from 262 million a year prior according to Activision Blizzard’s latest results statement.

Turkish treasury should have these in the investment portfolio.

Back
Top Bottom