What's new

Zindagi, Pakistan shows a hit in India

@Shabaz Sharif

there are two youtube Indian satire channels that are popular. Looking at their acting skills, and comic delivery, you wonder how much talent Bollywood has overlooked.

The Kapoors did. The Khans at least didn't have a filmi background.

After Rajkapoor, none of them attain stardom though. Rajesh Khanna and Amitab were stars, where as Kapoors were just actors. Let's see how far Ranabir will go.

Apart from Khans, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn also were able to get stardom though.

Since the late nineties, Indian television went through a change. Before that we used to see good works like Nukkad, Wagle ki dunya and few others which depicted middle class and lower middle class so well that the audience just merged themselves with the screen.
But with the growing market economy, tastes changed and so changed the production houses. Now the serials no more portray an ordinary middle class man like Wagles. Now they show a society on tv that the larger audience can only dream to be. The stories are no different from Alice in Wonderland in terms of impossibilities. But our neighbors are still away from that trap and am happy that they have reached us.

Hopefully this will have an influence on people looking to get into Television as a writer or a director.

For the longest time I have been thinking of introducing the western tellevsion format to TV shows. Make it an hour, or half an hour, then you have six months to eight month break to write, revise, shoot the scenes.

Seasons should ideally be 8-12 episodes weekly.

Recently I have been watching two popular Youtube channels that are pretty much politicial satire.

That stuff is more fresh and entertaining than the daily fare Indian audiences are subjected to.

Because YouTube allows far more freedom.

Lol.. I have seen and know many Indian serials which had a much better content than the current crop of soaps.

The decline in good content IMO maybe related to the targeting of housewives which can generate bigger TRPs. Guys and girls from middle class are increasingly taking to English TV series.. With so many channels on demand in India from all around we have a better choice regards to what we can see. There are always ups a down in such things.. I'm sure many will not have forgotten Vyomkesh Bakshi, Sanjeeveni, Talash and many others which were really good.

Pakistani actors are also good, but we are talking about sucess of leading actors. I mean Ali Zafar have never done even drama serial in Pakistan. Lets see how Fawad Khan adapt in bollywood.
Ali Zafar did 1 comedy drama Kollege jeans

Lol.. I have seen and know many Indian serials which had a much better content than the current crop of soaps.

The decline in good content IMO maybe related to the targeting of housewives which can generate bigger TRPs. Guys and girls from middle class are increasingly taking to English TV series.. With so many channels on demand in India from all around we have a better choice regards to what we can see. There are always ups a down in such things.. I'm sure many will not have forgotten Vyomkesh Bakshi, Sanjeeveni, Talash and many others which were really good.

Bakshi was my favorite. I just thrilled by its starting music :oops:

Recently I have been watching two popular Youtube channels that are pretty much politicial satire.
Please give the link. I want to watch too.

Bakshi was my favorite. I just thrilled by its starting music :oops:

Please give the link. I want to watch too.

Westerners, now they can make fantasy television like no other.

Game of Thrones!

I think Ali Zafar already packing his bags to go back to Pakistan. Forget about acting, he doesn't even have good looks now to sustain in Bollywood.

I don't think any Indian refer to Ali Zafar in terms of acting. He was just there to look good n the camera.

Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Manoj Bajpai comes to mind in terms of good acting.

The problem with Bollywood is that there is a saturation of Gym rats with plastic acting.

I just thought Ali Zafar was put in films to look good. His acting hasn't impressed me. I don't know anything about Fawad khan.

I just assume Pakistani actors want to ply their trade because they have that fair skinned good looking guy/girl image going on and they get paid better.

That has been my assumption anyway.

But Indian dramas has some piss poor storytelling.

The Kapoors did. The Khans at least didn't have a filmi background.

Amir and Salman filmi background but not SRK. I would say 95% of leading actors come from bolly families,

I don't think any Indian refer to Ali Zafar in terms of acting. He was just there to look good n the camera.

True, that was the reason to be in few movies. He is no more looking good. In India itself now we have few young actors who are good both in looks and acting. Ali Fazal and Saqib Saleem are way better.

I think Ali Zafar already packing his bags to go back to Pakistan. Forget about acting, he doesn't even have good looks now to sustain in Bollywood.
o yea...of course south would say that... :)

He has been signed up all the way till 2015 for fun right? ;)

Tere Bin Laden released on 16 July 2010 and was a major hit in India for a low budget movie. He got nominated for IIFA Awards,Screen Awards, Zee Cine Awards and Filmfare Awards of 2011 in the Best Male Debut category. He was also the first Pakistani to be called to Indian Film Festival at Australia in March 2011 for his movie screening.

Ali Zafar who took up movies as a serious career after his debut film has proved himself once again with his third film (second being a special appearance in another Bollywood film) under Yash Raj Films, banner Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, directed and written by Ali Abbas Zafar and produced by Aditya Chopra. Mere Brother Ki Dulhan. Released on 9 September, the film was both critically acclaimed and a commercial success like his first film. Ali's performance was specially praised by the industry. The film also stars Imran Khan and Katrina Kaif.

In 2012, Zafar starred in London, Paris, New York, which also received great critical acclaim as well as impressive overseas revenue, but didn't manage to perform very well at the Indian box office. Apart from acting as male protagonist in films, he is also heavily involved in the music of the films he stars in.

In 2012, he received Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards in a ceremony held in India, for Best New Talent-Male and also got Superstar of tomorrow in Stardust Awards for his performance in Mere Brother Ki Dulhan.

His fifth movie was Chashme Baddoor (2013), a romantic adult-comedy film directed by David Dhawan, which was declared a box office super hit, adding another commercial success to Zafar's filmography.

Ali: In 2014, Ali is set to star in multiple films, with the first being Total Siyappa, a romantic comedy, which is expected to release on 7 March 2014. He is currently filming for other films also, such as Kill Dil and a cameo appearance in Tere Bin Laden 2 (the sequel to Tere Bin Laden).

True, that was the reason to be in few movies. He is no more looking good. In India itself now we have few young actors who are good both in looks and acting. Ali Fazal and Saqib Saleem are way better.

They look average, which is not a bad thing. But i can see standard of handsome Indian in bolly going down if Lahoris are not hired as leading actors IMO. I mean Ali Zafar is still better looking then both these actors you mentioned. Bollywood need new Lahori blood to keep going.

@Shabaz Sharif

there are two youtube Indian satire channels that are popular. Looking at their acting skills, and comic delivery, you wonder how much talent Bollywood has overlooked.

Bollywood is about looks not acting, Pakistani actors need better grooming which bolly people are expert at. They didnt even spare Pakistani cricketer Mohsin Khan in 80's, next day he was acting in movies.

Back
Top Bottom