What's new

Zindagi, Pakistan shows a hit in India

I want to kill Aunn's dadi one day :mad:

Spotting the obvious differences between the serials like ZGH or AZ and Indian dramas is not tough. The former are more realistic, less loud and less dramatic. While Indian dramas revolves around some impossible story lines, the likes of Zindegi Gulzaar Hai are more close to viewers who wants to see something that they see in their real life too. May be that's why Indians are appreciating these fresh additions to their leisure time :-)

Missed ya there buddy

Only Pakistani drama i have watched in last 10 years is Aunn Zara because of dadi. Thats how woman talks in Pakistan rural punjab. But main actor is horrible IMO.

When you get to see some new faces, they will pay attention initially for few episodes. At end good acting and quality only works, in that front none of these guys in Pakistani dramas are not good in acting. Every Pakistani actor\actress who tried their luck in Bollywood are failed just because they can't act or dance.

I will wait for Fawad Khan movie to see how good he acts there, only good actor in Pakistan IMO. Bollywood family business mean they know what they need to do growing up. Hardly any non-bolly family leading actors in bollywood.

I will wait for Fawad Khan movie to see how good he acts there, only good actor in Pakistan IMO. Bollywood family business mean they know what they need to do growing up. Hardly any non-bolly family leading actors in bollywood.

There are, it's called Parallel cinema.

Naseruddin Shah, Manoj Bajpai and Kay Kay Menon. Also Nawazuddin Siddiqui

It's only recently parallel cinema has had any sort of traction.

a decade ago, Gangs of Wasseypur would have never been made.

I want to kill Aunn's dadi one day :mad:

Spotting the obvious differences between the serials like ZGH or AZ and Indian dramas is not tough. The former are more realistic, less loud and less dramatic. While Indian dramas revolves around some impossible story lines, the likes of Zindegi Gulzaar Hai are more close to viewers who wants to see something that they see in their real life too. May be that's why Indians are appreciating these fresh additions to their leisure time :-)
hahaahhaha...dadi is epic!! :rofl:

Worse than that,actually. The last quality staff I saw was a regional one,not Hindi.

Yeah.

They should be willing to experiment. Parallel cinema has now been gaining more traction.

There should be a parallel to that in television industry as well. But the problem is parallel cinemas are usually gritty. You can't get away with violence, strong language and sexual content to the extent the directors on the silver screen can.

There are, it's called Parallel cinema.

Naseruddin Shah, Manoj Bajpai and Kay Kay Menon. Also Nawazuddin Siddiqui

It's only recently parallel cinema has had any sort of traction.

a decade ago, Gangs of Wasseypur would have never been made.

Pakistani actors are also good, but we are talking about sucess of leading actors. I mean Ali Zafar have never done even drama serial in Pakistan. Lets see how Fawad Khan adapt in bollywood.

Sorry You are wrong. 95% of heroes who entered in Bollywood with family background didn't attain stardom. It was just an easy entry for them.

I dunno much about Fawadkhan, let's hope he will shine.

Pakistani actors are also good, but we are talking about sucess of leading actors. I mean Ali Zafar have never done even drama serial in Pakistan. Lets see how Fawad Khan adapt in bollywood.

I just thought Ali Zafar was put in films to look good. His acting hasn't impressed me. I don't know anything about Fawad khan.

I just assume Pakistani actors want to ply their trade because they have that fair skinned good looking guy/girl image going on and they get paid better.

That has been my assumption anyway.

But Indian dramas has some piss poor storytelling.

Sorry You are wrong. 95% of heroes who entered in Bollywood with family background didn't attain stardom. It was just an easy entry for them.

I dunno much about Fawadkhan, let's hope he will shine.

The Kapoors did. The Khans at least didn't have a filmi background.

Yeah.

They should be willing to experiment. Parallel cinema has now been gaining more traction.

There should be a parallel to that in television industry as well. But the problem is parallel cinemas are usually gritty. You can't get away with violence, strong language and sexual content to the extent the directors on the silver screen can.
Since the late nineties, Indian television went through a change. Before that we used to see good works like Nukkad, Wagle ki dunya and few others which depicted middle class and lower middle class so well that the audience just merged themselves with the screen.
But with the growing market economy, tastes changed and so changed the production houses. Now the serials no more portray an ordinary middle class man like Wagles. Now they show a society on tv that the larger audience can only dream to be. The stories are no different from Alice in Wonderland in terms of impossibilities. But our neighbors are still away from that trap and am happy that they have reached us.

Back
Top Bottom