What's new

Zhuhai Air Show 2012

Air show picture from TV

PLAAF practice run

20101022170909558.jpg

This looks like the Indian Air Force's Surya Kiran aerobatics display team!

Smoking... I am thinking that in dog-fights involving multiple aircrafts, this cloudy foggy bubble on top of J-10s and whirling frills with JF-17s will help both sides identify their aircraft.

They are still scratching the tip of an iceberg.

Where are the new YJ series, such as the YJ-12, YJ-18, or indeed YJ-22 etc.

Where are the new HQ series, such as the HQ-19, HQ-26, HQ-29 etc, not to mention the upgraded HQ-9B, HQ-16B and HQ-16G.

Where are the DN series? Where are the CJ series? Where are the DH series? Where are the DF series?

Where are the 5-6 new helicopters that are close to maiden flights?

Where the hell is the fat boy Y-20?

Where are the Sharp Sword and Wind Blade UACVs? Where are all the other UAVs under plan/development/construction/induction?

And If this were an Indian airshow,I am sure India's "SAC" would be showing the 3 XX-XX programmes under intense development。

There are lots of other stuffs that are at pre-research, planning, project-approval, development, prototype, testing and induction stages that are kept in dark and from the peekings of public eyes.

Bring them out!

This is an airshow. Even mere concepts are welcome.

Smoking... I am thinking that in dog-fights involving multiple aircrafts, this cloudy foggy bubble on top of J-10s and whirling frills with JF-17s will help both sides identify their aircraft.

Its the result of a Vortex, these are actually good for combat aircraft as they generate the unnecessary lift for rapid attitude transitions.
Vortex lift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The "smoke" is actually condensed atmospheric moisture due to low pressure at the center of the vortex.
depending on the water content in the air, it can be a faint trail...or in this case at Zhuhai..where the humidity is currently at 79% ..its a Thick and very visible.

Back
Top Bottom