What's new

Zardari's economic success (What is hidden)

Isloo is in Punjab, blame Nawaz

Isl is under federal. Secondly, what has nawaz got to do with it

Another first by Ppp, for the past 6 months, the balochistan CM has been in the province for seven days.

Some of those are lies. CNG and petrol can not be helped
Even if we let em go on that one.What about the rest?
BTW if CNG and Petrol can't be helped then why didn't they shoot up this quickly in previous government's regime.?

Areas like Gulshan have to bear less load shedding but our area gets a regular dose of 6-7 hours of blackout. Thank you Mr. President for this wonderful gift of darkness. This is exactly why people voted for you; to be unable to afford food and clothing, to become homeless and to be utterly deprived of peace.

Areas like Gulshan have to bear less load shedding but our area gets a regular dose of 6-7 hours of blackout. Thank you Mr. Altaf for this wonderful gift of darkness. This is exactly why people voted for you; to be unable to afford food and clothing, to become homeless and to be utterly deprived of peace.
Fixed for you! Sindh Khappay

Mashallah, what a leader
New law to help make country economic power: Zardari | DAWN.COM
ISLAMABAD: Entrepreneurs and businessmen should utilise the country’s economic potential and strategic location to make it an economic power, President Asif Ali Zardari said on Monday.

Speaking to office-bearers of the Young Presidents Organisation (YPO) and the World Presidents Organisation (WPO) at the President House, he said the Special Economic Zone Bill 2012 was a major initiative of the government to create a business- and investor-friendly environment.

He expressed hopes that the new law would help reduce the cost of doing business and ensure attractive returns to investors. The law would also augment exports and create employment opportunities, Mr Zardari added.

Under the new law, all capital goods, machinery and equipment will get one-time exemption from customs duty and entrepreneurs will also be exempted from income tax for ten years.

“Since the incentives granted to investors will be protected by law, economic policies will enjoy continuity and the country’s industrial base will strengthen,” President Zardari said.

The President urged the Young Presidents Organisation and the World Presidents Organisation to take advantage of the new law as well as other incentives that the government was extending to investors and entrepreneurs.

He said education was critical to human development. “It is education and innovation that make advancement possible.”

He said the pyramid of knowledge was not built in a day. It was built brick by brick by mankind over centuries.

“Knowledge is a common heritage of mankind and all nations have contributed to the building of this pyramid. It does not belong exclusively to one nation or any geographical area,” President Zardari said.

“We must share knowledge and experience with one another to enrich humanity’s collective wisdom.”

The President advised the youth to seek inspiration from the wisdom and experience of other peoples. “We must not seek to reinvent the wheel. Instead, we should build upon the experience of those who invented the wheel,” he said.

President Zardari said the government was keen to create an environment that was conducive to entrepreneurship as the success of entrepreneurs meant economic progress and creation of job opportunities, calling upon the YPO and WPO to do their bit in this regard.

“Let everyone remember that whatever we have achieved today is due to what the country has given us and let us try to repay a fraction of what the country has given us,” Mr Zardari said.

He praised the two organisations for generating annual revenues of over five trillion dollars and employing more than 15 million people worldwide.—Agencies

Musharraf's fault!

But all the debt has been accumulated by PPP in the 4 years the Government has been in power. Your simply not making any sense, how exactly is Musharraf responsible for this fiasco? This Government has been printing money like no tomorrow and has crowded out the private sector from any loans which has led to a reduction in investment by the private sector. Musharraf left a roaring economy that was growing almost at a rate of 6% on average, while Zardari has successfully managed to drop it down to 2% :). There is no possible way you can defend the economic mismanagement of the PPP Government, its not my opinion but that of every influential economist. Cannot blame everything on Musharraf when your Government has been in power for the last 4 years.

No loadshedding for an year. Prices of daal reduced, price of electricity reduced. An year ago, our bill was around 6000, now it's around 2500 Rs. That's how great he's been

Price of electricity per unit has almost come up to 16 rupees, 4 years ago it used to be around 5 rupees. So the price of electricity has increased by almost 200%, your personal example is useless because facts on paper matter more than the imaginary world that you live in. Price of basic food stuff has gone up by almost 300%, look at the price of products that is posted on the 3rd page. Also, do you know why the price of petrol and CNG is so high? Because the rupee has devalued by almost 50%. The reason for the devaluation of the rupee is because the Government is printing out cash just to pay the bills, this increase in supply of money has led to reduction in the value of the currency. Thank You PPP

P.S. I want to offer my opinion here, i believe truthseeker is either related or associated to someone from PPP. Believe me life for anyone related to a influential PPP member has been simply amazing for the last 4 years, they have literally been given a carte blanche to steal and siphon off as much money as they can. Everyone i know related to the PPP Party has made enough money in the last 4 years to support their grand children.

But all the debt has been accumulated by PPP in the 4 years the Government has been in power. Your simply not making any sense, how exactly is Musharraf responsible for this fiasco? This Government has been printing money like no tomorrow and has crowded out the private sector from any loans which has led to a reduction in investment by the private sector. Musharraf left a roaring economy that was growing almost at a rate of 6% on average, while Zardari has successfully managed to drop it down to 2% :). There is no possible way you can defend the economic mismanagement of the PPP Government, its not my opinion but that of every influential economist. Cannot blame everything on Musharraf when your Government has been in power for the last 4 years.
Musharraf took loans and gave temporary success unlike Zardari's long term plans. Do you know how many people he has educated?

Price of electricity per unit has almost come up to 16 rupees, 4 years ago it used to be around 5 rupees. So the price of electricity has increased by almost 200%, your personal example is useless because facts on paper matter more than the imaginary world that you live in. Price of basic food stuff has gone up by almost 300%, look at the price of products that is posted on the 3rd page. Also, do you know why the price of petrol and CNG is so high? Because the rupee has devalued by almost 50%. The reason for the devaluation of the rupee is because the Government is printing out cash just to pay the bills, this increase in supply of money has led to reduction in the value of the currency. Thank You PPP

P.S. I want to offer my opinion here, i believe truthseeker is either related or associated to someone from PPP. Believe me life for anyone related to a influential PPP member has been simply amazing for the last 4 years, they have literally been given a carte blanche to steal and siphon off as much money as they can. Everyone i know related to the PPP Party has made enough money in the last 4 years to support their grand children.
I expected better than a personal attack from a think thank. So what if my parents are diplomats?

Truthseer who is responsible for loadshedding.

Musharraf took loans and gave temporary success unlike Zardari's long term plans. Do you know how many people he has educated?

Please provide me with proof that Musharraf took out those loans. In fact Musharraf paid off all the loans that Shariff's government had took from World Bank and IMF. Musharraf made it clear that his Government had no need to take loans from IMF. The Zardari Government changed all this and negotiated new loans with the IMF. Here look at this link, the Government debt has doubled in the last 4 years. Instead of raising money through taxes, the Government took the easy way out and raised money by borrowing.

Public debt doubled in last four years: Dr Ashfaque - thenews.com.pk

I expected better than a personal attack from a think thank. So what if my parents are diplomats?

Not personal at all believe me, its just the truth. The only people whom have benefitted in the last 4 years are mostly those whom have association with the PPP Government. I raise my hand up and plead guilty, our family business has benefitted too immensely due to our associations with the PPP Party. There is no point in being ashamed about it, lets just be impartial for once and let the facts speak and not our emotions.

The facts on the ground are right in-front of you. The economy is in shambles, inflation is up by almost 300%, rupee has depreciated by almost 50%, poverty rate has increased from 23% to almost 37%, food insecurity has increased, child malnourishment has increased, income inequality has increased, law and order situation has deteriorated, instead of the police protecting the people they are assigned to protect the VIP's. These are facts, not made you myths. It is not my fault that you are too blind to accept this.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom