Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Indien

New Recruit

Reaction score
* President says militancy nurtured by past policies
* Claims militants were created deliberately to achieve short-term objectives

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The terrorists of today were the heroes of yesteryear until 9/11 brought things into a new light, President Asif Ali Zardari said on Tuesday.

The president was addressing a gathering of retired federal secretaries and senior bureaucrats at the Presidency as part of the consultative process with different sections of society to deliberate on the issues and challenges facing the country.

“Let us be truthful to ourselves and make a candid admission of the realities”, Zardari said with reference to an observation that the weakness of the civil bureaucracy had resulted in the emergence of militants and militancy.

Deliberate creation: Militancy and extremism emerged on the national scene and challenged the state not because the civil bureaucracy was weakened and demoralised, but because they were deliberately created and nurtured as a policy to achieve some short-term tactical objectives, he said.

........read the complete story from the daily mail

also here: We created militancy for short term gains: Zardari

This is not something new. Every body does it like that weather its Russia US Pakistan or any other Country . One can Find countless examples .
Every Nation creates assets to aquire tactical or strategik objectives. CIA did it during the Soviet Invation of Afghanistan.

More likely an Experiment .

admission of past follies is half the battle won. I guess what Pakistan needs (its high time, really)now is to take corrective measures and discontinue with this policy of aiding and abetting terrorism. That will be great both for the society of Pakistan and for its relations with India

but i doubt if anybody agreed to do it . i doubt american president ever made a public comment that they did initiate terrorist for a stratagic advantage on russians.

This will only give a bad name already defamed name of pakistan in world community.

This is not something new. Every body does it like that weather its Russia US Pakistan or any other Country . One can Find countless examples .
Every Nation creates assets to aquire tactical or strategik objectives. CIA did it during the Soviet Invation of Afghanistan.

More likely an Experiment .

Not every country does it (i.e. aiding terrorist activities, which is different from creating "strategic assets".)
USA did it and you did it. And look how it has come back to haunt, like the ghost of Frankenstein, both the USA and Pakistan. The consequences have been more pronounced and more punishing for Pakistan than for the USA.

but i doubt if anybody agreed to do it . i doubt american president ever made a public comment that they did initiate terrorist for a stratagic advantage on russians.

Yup i agree with you but you cant compare the dynamics of American Politcs with that of Pakistan or any other Asian country.

This will only give a bad name already defamed name of pakistan in world community.

I dont think this would coz our Army is now engaged in a full fledge offensive against the millitants . Further such comments only give a message that Democratic Gov is serious in eradicating these millitants.

Not every country does it (i.e. aiding terrorist activities, which is different from creating "strategic assets".)

Not every country but some countries do train groups which could be used to persue tactical objectives. Did you forgot abt the Mukti Bahani which was used for a strategik objective during the Turmoil in 1971.

Atleast now, someone in power accepting the mighty truth.
Wish Pakistan curb all this millitant groups for peaceful world. :enjoy:

is this comment only in relation with taleban ?? or can we have the freedom to take it also in case of - LET ,JUD and other extremist terrorist organizations in Kashmir.

^^
I think we need to seperate those millitants who challange the writ of the state from those who dont.

Wow ZARDARI is so credible & worthy.

Amm..he is the president of your country dude....
Amm...Everything he says or does reflects GOP

Until and unless you want some military dictator accepting it.

No offence meant

:rofl:Wow ZARDARI is so credible & worthy.

If he is not credible and worthy then why is he the president of Pakistan? That too he and his party are democraticly elected by the people of Pakistan.

who believe him anyway? he is a proven liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom