What's new

Zardari is not ruling out another extension to Gen Bajwa

There are many factors that make Sindh quite unique and complicated some of which I won't mention here as it might be too controversial.

Same with Pashtuns bro. If I start telling the reality of how Pashtuns are currently feeling I get labeled an Afghan ethno nationalist LMAOO

The harsh reality is that Pakistan identity has largely failed

Because Pakistaniyat never existed in the first place. Pakistan is a young country which has largely failed to put its narrative out. We either harp around with Indus Civilization or ride with Arab/Afghan history.

Pak studies says Bin Qasim was the first Pakistani.

We never appreciated the provincial cultures we have.

aysa mangny wala COAS asaani se nhi milta
The biggest problem with the establishment, whoever they brought in power has to work within pre set rules provided by our establishment. Now they brought PDM into power, which group of incompetent and all our allies know they are not trustable.
But our establishment wants lions without fangs ..

Actually, with the way things are going behind the scenes (or rather were), I would be more surprised IF he retires! :P

Let's see what happens.

I quote many times, that any of your uncles or family member serve in Rawalpindi GHQ in 90s. knows, during the core commander conference after the final US-Soviet pact on Afghanistan, Zia was warned straight up your act or get ready for forced resign. Why ...

But why is that he has support from them though? I agree there is a need to keep ideas like ethnic nationalism at bay, but supporting him seems like it might have to do with having a “liberal” face for western audiences. If that is the case, Fatima Bhutto would be a more principled female direct descendant of the founder of the PPP.
That's because our society is highly tribalistic, right or wrong we support our own kind. That's why Punjabis support Mian Sanp, Sindhis support Zardari, army Brats support Army and Pukhtoons support IK, even though he has support from educated people of other backgrounds as well.

There is some quid pro quo as well. PPP does help Sindhis with jobs and educational quotas, even though they destroy the institutions in the process, atleast Sindhis have jobs at the end of the day.

A sinister scheme must be hatching against Pakistan and Pakistanis everyday inside GHQ so its incumbent to find a conspiracy theory against Pakistan Army Generals including COAS to prove that the visions installed into brains at night are correct. If the soldiers won't become a victim to brainwashing, its ensured that the public will be. Even if Zardari is the devil, he must be trusted in this case as its aligns with noble cause of unfurling hatred against COAS and Generals, not a chance or opportunity must be missed, such is the dedication towards a political setup which gives zero reward to the public in any case.
Except for the fact that Zardari and COAS are on the same side of events of the last six months. Zardari is the central pillar of the gov't that the DJ ICE PYAAR welcomed by touting the performance of the stock market and valuation of rupee.

Same with Pashtuns bro. If I start telling the reality of how Pashtuns are currently feeling I get labeled an Afghan ethno nationalist LMAOO

Because Pakistaniyat never existed in the first place. Pakistan is a young country which has largely failed to put its narrative out. We either harp around with Indus Civilization or ride with Arab/Afghan history.

Pak studies says Bin Qasim was the first Pakistani.

We never appreciated the provincial cultures we have.

Tell me about it, as I have a foot in both camps (Pashtun and Sindhi one) hence my active participation in the threads that dealt with those very regrettable but also blown out ethnic riots in Sindh a few weeks ago. Pashtuns have a history and presence in Sindh that FAR predates the nation of Pakistan as a country and Pakistani identity.

Ignorants within Pakistan label Pashtuns as Afghans forgetting that Pasthuns are just 1 group within Afghanistan (albeit the majority but less than 50% of the country), that Pashtuns predate the notion of Afghanistan which is only 300 years old as an nation state (Hotaki dynasty) and that Pashtuns of Pakistanis are natives that cluster genetically with other local Pakistani ethnic groups. Obviously Pashtun clans and tribes in Pakistan (Waziristan, SWAT and KPK as a whole), will have close ties to neighboring Pashtun tribes and clans just across that artificial and not even 75 year old border.

Similarly we have idiotic Indians who claim Sindhis even though there are no native Sindhis living in India. The only ones are migrants (Hindu too) who left after 1947 and they don't even number 5 million in a sea of 1.4 billion people. Not only that Sindhis are native to Pakistan and have nothing to do with Indians. In fact India named itself after Sindh (LOL) and have adopted/stolen tons of Sindhi culture, foods, dresses etc. and tried to make it their own "Indian" one. I have seen many Indian users here talk as if Sindhis and Punjabis "are their people" or "Indian" people.

As for the culture/history part, I could not agree more. It is quite frankly embarrassing and another long list of failures in regards to creating a genuine Pakistani identity and cohesion.
The whole notion that only Islam bids us together has been an effective propaganda tool used by the ignorant masses and those in power.

As if Islam binding us together (a fact but far from the only component that does this) is the only component of what makes Pakistan, Pakistan and Pakistanis, Pakistanis.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom