What's new

Zardari got 'tame nudge' in India, told to work more: Pak media

Do you think Kargil was a revenge for his 1987 debacle.

Not exactly revenge, it was supposed to be a bargaining chip. The idea was that they would agree to vacate kargil if india vacated siachen. That backfired when India, instead of bargaining or negotiating, attacked and evicted every single occupier, whether mujahideen or army.

Not exactly revenge, it was supposed to be a bargaining chip. The idea was that they would agree to vacate kargil if india vacated siachen. That backfired when India, instead of bargaining or negotiating, attacked and evicted every single occupier, whether mujahideen or army.

Ok let's not distort the truth over here.

I'm being pragmatic. Honestly, and all jokes aside neither side is going to vacate their positions. So the most rational step for the PA to do is push deeper for safer positions.

lol Safer positions? ...and how many more are you willing to get butchered before you reach your mythical 'safer' positions?;)

Do you think Kargil was a revenge for his 1987 debacle.

From the book "Heights of Madness"a book about the Siachen war between India and Pakistan by Myra MacDonald

Since the Indian troops occupied many of the higher positions it made no real sense for Pakistan to take them head on – rather it would be better to go around the mountains and cut off the Indian supply routes from behind. One Pakistani commander told me this idea had been discussed in the late 1980s – the aim, he said, was to occupy the mountains on the Line of Control overlooking the towns of Dras and Kargil and then use artillery to block the road used by India to bring in its supplies. Whether it was ever taken very seriously then, it was not put into practice. It resurfaced a decade later when then General Pervez Musharraf sent troops to occupy mountain positions above Dras and Kargil, leading to the brief and bitter Kargil war in 1999.

We all know how Kargil ended

Last edited by a moderator:
lol Safer positions? ...and how many more are you willing to get butchered before you reach your mythical 'safer' positions?;)

The top of a glacier can be just as dangerous as the side, however taking positions past Siachen would ensure saftey. I can assure you less soldiers would die from combat than the cold conditions, and in the long term would save lives on both sides.

What truth..Pakistani or International version and both are mutually exclusive.

The truth. You know the truth outside of having fantasies by watching Lakshya repeatedly?

The top of a glacier can be just as dangerous as the side, however taking positions past Siachen would ensure saftey. I can assure you less soldiers would die from combat than the cold conditions, and in the long term would save lives on both sides.

Care to explain your Grand Plan and I cannot find any position that PA could take that could over look Siachen.

The truth. You know the truth outside of having fantasies by watching Lakshya repeatedly?

So Pakistanis who diss Bollywood day and night have no problem in watching Bollywood that too again and again. For the record as a South Indian I only rarely see Bollywood films and as afar as lakshya is concerned I have only seen bits and pieces of it.

So Pakistanis still believe that if not for Nawaz Sheriff, PA would have won the war?

Which film did you watch that taught you that your tribals took one third of siachen and so on, when the reality is that even musharaff and the SSG's shaheen company couldn't?

Which film did you watch that taught you that your tribals took one third of siachen and so on, when the reality is that even musharaff and the SSG's shaheen company couldn't?

The tribals never took the glacier, sorry if you misunderstood what I said.

Care to explain your Grand Plan and I cannot find any position that PA could take that could over look Siachen.

Cut off the glacier completely. I'm not a military strategist, but it sounds like a sound plan to me.

The tribals never took the glacier, sorry if you misunderstood what I said.

Cut off the glacier completely. I'm not a military strategist, but it sounds like a sound plan to me.

lol now you're transgressing from the realm of the stupid to the realm of the fantastic, Mr. Four-Star Armchair General. ;)

That plan was called Kargil....Failed Miserably.

It will obviously be revised.

lol now you're transgressing from the realm of the stupid to the realm of the fantastic, Mr. Four-Star Armchair General. ;)

I've already said that neither side will back down. That is obvious to even a child. So we will just have to take it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom