What's new

Zardari got 'tame nudge' in India, told to work more: Pak media

Pakistan should launch an offensive to gain better positions.

It did. Several times. Failed each time. One of the offensives was by the SSG itself, headed by a certain brigadier musharaff in 1987. Failed spectacularly.

So you see, it is not just india that wants that 'barren piece of land' as you said earlier. Pakistan wants it, tried to get it, failed, now thinks india will simply hand it over.

Man, our tribals took a third of it. I'm sure PA could pull a small trick out of their sleeve and take a good chunk more.

Man, our tribals took a third of it. I'm sure PA could pull a small trick out of their sleeve and take a good chunk more.

Even your elite SSG under musharaff couldn't take it. Get back to reality.

It was quite funny, a newly raised elite group skied down the slopes hollywood style, and when the entrenched indian infantry opened fire, they skied up even faster and went back home.

Calling into serious question your signature.

Its worse than that, the last time PA fired killing 5 Indian soldiers India snatched another post. The post's name was QAID post, now its called BANA post :)

On 18 April 1987 the Pakistanis from Quaid Post fired on our troops at Sonam. One JCO and one OR of 5 Bihar was killed. The eviction of the Pakistanis became essential.

The weapons were jamming in the night, so a do-or-die day attack was launched during the day. At 1330 hours on 26 June 1987, a force under Naib Subedar Bana Singh with 4 ORs launched an audacious daytime attack. Assaulting with demonic fervour they entered Quaid Post and a bitter hand-to-hand combat ensued, killing 5 Pakistani soldiers. Soon Qaid Post was in Indian hands. It was later found that they belonged to "Shaheen Company" of 3 Cdo Btn of the elite Special Services Group. The morale of the Pakistani Army and especially the Special Services Group was permanently scarred.The scroll of honour at the Siachen base camp reads, "Quartered in snow, silent to remain. When the bugle calls, they shall rise and march again."

Bl[i]tZ;2796763 said:
India army is not leaving Siachen. No casualty on Indian side from the last 8 years. Plus its misleading again and again to say Pakistani forces on Siachen. The entire Siachen glacier is under Indian control

20060310001704401.jpg

No military in the world unilaterally withdraws from the area it captures. Pakistan will have to sign the document saying - YES, THESE PLACES WERE UNDER INDIAN CONTROL and accept the AGPL or else keep occupyingn the ridges in front (BUT THAT IS NOT SIACHEN).

THERE IS NO PAKISTANI ON SIACHEN.

This is a point I have made many times; Pakistani forces can't even see the Siachen glacier from their positions. India hold pretty much all the heights around it with Pakistan holding the lower positions sometimes perilously right under Indian positions. After the failed attack by the SSG in 1995, Pakistan has pretty much given up the ghost of trying to militarily win back positions. After the army made it clear that the political leadership will have complete responsibility if the PA does take positions vacated under any peace deal & that it will be militarily extremely tough ask to win back those, the government has pretty much stopped talking about the Siachen as a easy, low hanging fruit in talks with Pakistan. No real chance of withdrawal unless Pakistan agrees to mark actual ground positions something that they may not be willing to do since it will actually reveal the hollowness of their Siachen claims.

Even your elite SSG under musharaff couldn't take it. Get back to reality.

It was quite funny, a newly raised elite group skied down the slopes hollywood style, and when the entrenched indian infantry opened fire, they skied up even faster and went back home.Calling into serious question your signature.

please give the source wanna read it please:tup:

If executed carefully an operation by Pakistan could gain better and safer positions along with advantageous posts and territory. I think they should go for it with the next government.

Your mard-e-mujahids tried in 1995. 40 embraced Shahadat then and there.

If executed carefully an operation by Pakistan could gain better and safer positions along with advantageous posts and territory. I think they should go for it with the next government.

lol and how exactly do plan to fund another Indo-Pak conflict with your puny Defence budget?

In fact leave it. I know it's easy for you to talk.

After all, there's no loadshedding in America, is it? ;)

It did. Several times. Failed each time. One of the offensives was by the SSG itself, headed by a certain brigadier musharaff in 1987. Failed spectacularly.

So you see, it is not just india that wants that 'barren piece of land' as you said earlier. Pakistan wants it, tried to get it, failed, now thinks india will simply hand it over.

lol that loser Bushy failed twice.

Some guys are just born loosers.

This is a point I have made many times; Pakistani forces can't even see the Siachen glacier from their positions. India hold pretty much all the heights around it with Pakistan holding the lower positions sometimes perilously right under Indian positions. After the failed attack by the SSG in 1995, Pakistan has pretty much given up the ghost of trying to militarily win back positions. After the army made it clear that the political leadership will have complete responsibility if the PA does take positions vacated under any peace deal & that it will be militarily extremely tough ask to win back those, the government has pretty much stopped talking about the Siachen as a easy, low hanging fruit in talks with Pakistan. No real chance of withdrawal unless Pakistan agrees to mark actual ground positions something that they may not be willing to do since it will actually reveal the hollowness of their Siachen claims.

From Indian side there shouldn't be any Siachin "issue". We are done. It belongs to us. Case closed.

The problem lies in Pakistani Army's attitude. First they don't care for democratically elected government. any crazy general will come and make war plans against India like Kargil. Even Pakistani government will do any treaty regarding Siachin is there any guarantee that Pakistani Army will follow it.?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom