What's new

Zardari fights back, plots counter-coup?

There is just one thing ZARADRI must know.

Don't mess with the Army, That will be the Last thing he ever Did.

Has he learnt Nothing from Nawaz Experience.

Questions raised over Zardari mental health

Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Fresh questions have been raised about Asif Zardari, the man poised to become Pakistan's next president, after it was revealed that doctors who examined him said he was suffering from severe mental health problems as recently as last year.

In a revelation that adds to the concern about Pakistan's ongoing political turmoil, court documents filed by Mr Zardari's doctors suggest he had been diagnosed as suffering from a series of serious conditions including severe depression, dementia and post-traumatic stress disorder. He had even experienced suicidal thoughts.

Mr Zardari, the widowed husband of Benazir Bhutto, was thrust into the centre of Pakistan's political maelstrom following the assassination of his wife last December.

continue reading Questions raised over Zardari mental health - Asia, World - The Independent

Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Fresh questions have been raised about Asif Zardari, the man poised to become Pakistan's next president, after it was revealed that doctors who examined him said he was suffering from severe mental health problems as recently as last year.

In a revelation that adds to the concern about Pakistan's ongoing political turmoil, court documents filed by Mr Zardari's doctors suggest he had been diagnosed as suffering from a series of serious conditions including severe depression, dementia and post-traumatic stress disorder. He had even experienced suicidal thoughts.

Mr Zardari, the widowed husband of Benazir Bhutto, was thrust into the centre of Pakistan's political maelstrom following the assassination of his wife last December.

continue reading Questions raised over Zardari mental health - Asia, World - The Independent

So there is a serious risk that he can go NUTS :crazy::crazy: anytime and his acts are just a Proof of his MENTAL :crazy: ABILITIES. :woot: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Watching through all these mess, i feel Pakistan was better off with Mushraff in power and NS and BB out of the country.

Why have democractic system, if time and time again it does not work.

Yup! Frankly, I think we have slept better with the Pak Army in power than with a civilian government. The former has always been more predictable whereas the latter dangerously uncertain. Besides, in the developing scenario only the army can keep a better check on the radical elements in the country.

Is it a counter-coup? Are there rumors of a coup?

Does the President have a right to relieve the COAS?

I hope there is no coup. I hope your military approaches a relief of command with equanimity and the assurance that you've another as good as the last. It's in this confidence of continuity born of a firmly inculcated institutional culture among your officer corps where your nation will find solace.

Adherence to the laws of your land, even in the face of others (to include politicians) whom don't will gain the greatest respect among your citizens and the world. If anything, your officers and men must INSIST that the President have his way if it's Zardari's prerogative by law to do so.

Last edited:

Tuesday, 26 August 2008

this was a cult classic :tup:

yeh even mujhe bhi lagta hai ke ab to woh pura hi pagal hogaya ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pakistan politics has been always dominated in the last few decades by PPP and PML, both of which are rubbish lead by greedy corrupt leaders. Imran Khan seems to be very idealistic but that is not a bad thing. If the Army take of traditionally stability follows in their rule. However these are uncertain times. Is is said on many articles on this Foroum that the US is not happy with Zadari goverment inability to get to grip with the national problems. He seem more intersted in political cat and mouse games with Sharif. If the Army where to take power then i think the US/Pak relations would improve as more importantly would the countries fortunes.

Does the President have a right to relieve the COAS?

I hope there is no coup. I hope your military approaches a relief of command with equanimity and the assurance that you've another as good as the last. It's in this confidence of continuity born of a firmly inculcated institutional culture among your officer corps where your nation will find solace.

Adherence to the laws of your land, even in the face of others (to include politicians) whom don't will gain the greatest respect among your citizens and the world. If anything, your officers and men must INSIST that the President have his way if it's Zardari's prerogative by law to do so.
I think these stories are just bogus...

Zardari has probably already fled the country. He made an unexpected visit to Iran and then to Tokyo, he will probably return after 16th March if things calm down.

Even if he's not fled and just visiting at a time when calls for a coup are so loud and the Long march just tomorrow, how on Earth are these secret Army generals meeting him at night at the Presidency when hes not even there!

Indian media just got a whiff of somethings happening and now they've started making stuff up. Kayani does not want executive leadership of the country. He'll avoid it till he can. As you can judge from this 15000 strong board, that the calls for a coup are really strong. However its not the majority view.

The majority just wants, that the Judges are restored, and the handpicked judges are removed. A coup would be accepted as long as its a means to that end.

The Prime Minister just met with Kayani today. And he made a special speech to a gathering today. He announced that, he has the solution to all the problems and hes going to wait to announce it when the President returns tomorrow. I hope he doesn't keep us and does come tomorrow.

Thanks. Interesting insight. Wasn't aware that he'd made some quick unplanned jaunts.

What is the COAS/President relationship? Does the President or the Minister of Defense make this appointment? If not, how is the COAS appointed and from whom does he (ostensibly) take his orders?

Thanks again.:)

i think kayani needs to remain out of politics this parliment needs to complete its full term. i know this will be hard but we need every political problems handled by the politicians the must not intervene in any sort of way they need to remain out of politics for the sake of pakistan.

That does not negate Mr. fatman that Army will do a better job either. You can clearly see army's shortcomings in FATA and SWAT.

The Army is still following orders from the civilian rulers in FATA and SWAT. Also the role of the Army in FATA and SWAT is that of combat, but if the Army takes national office then combat won’t be their role anymore; then it would be politics. So your comparison is flawed.

How can someone who served time in jail be our President anyways?
I think the Army should wait, let the Pakistani people realize that democracy is simply not fit for them, atleast not with the current breed of pathetic leaders that we have, these morons are fightning to take power but they do not realize that their feuds and bullsh!t is not helping our nation one bit, it's tearing Pakistan apart actually, and this is where the Army should step in and say, enough is enough, it's time for Pakistan to get its acts together.

Sir the coup and counter coup rumours are production of Indian sick farty media.

I wonder even senior members here have become so naive to trust Indian source of fake news?

Just check 2 days back Indian media had released a fake news that Kiyani had warned Zardari. The news was no where in Pakistani media but bharti media was spreading it actively.

Today the same bharti media has spread another fake news and this time picthing Zardari against Kiyani.

It clearly shows that bhartis wants to create more confusion and add to grim situation in Pakistan.

by the way here is the link of this fake news

TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos -

Timesnow the bharti/Indian news channel.

:tsk:

:... these rumors or so called Indian hype is created when we get your defence minister, foreign minister, Nawaz Shariff, Imran Khan, your own president and ex-president who speak with Indian Media Channels over the phone or on video-conference. Had ever an Indian President or Prime Minister spoke with Pakistan's Media regarding its Internal Affairs where as what happens in Pakistan is made evident to us by these people because we see them talking to our media.

... I should appreciate Indian Media to able to get these high profile Pakistani's to speak to them on Video Conference. :victory::chilli::taz:

"I wonder even senior members here have become so naive to trust Indian source of fake news?"

I count on the views of this board more than some might imagine.

Survivor, I'm not trusting ANY news here. That's why I was asking the board. I'm confident that in the course of a day I miss all sorts of important news and rely upon the insights of others to gain some clue.

Nor do I know the appointment prerogatives for COAS. Does the President, Prime Minister, or Minister of Defense have that responsibility/authority?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom