What's new

Zardari fights back, plots counter-coup?

Sir the coup and counter coup rumours are production of Indian sick farty media.

I wonder even senior members here have become so naive to trust Indian source of fake news?

Just check 2 days back Indian media had released a fake news that Kiyani had warned Zardari. The news was no where in Pakistani media but bharti media was spreading it actively.

Today the same bharti media has spread another fake news and this time picthing Zardari against Kiyani.

It clearly shows that bhartis wants to create more confusion and add to grim situation in Pakistan.

by the way here is the link of this fake news

TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos -

Timesnow the bharti/Indian news channel.

:tsk:

Indian news is not relaible when it comes to Pakistan. I cant say about other countries they report on, but it seems like Indian media is very much obsessed over Pakistan.

Now you get rumour, counter rumour, suggested coup, suggested counter coup, Army vs politicians and politicians vs Army.
Heck you people have more of this in 60 odd years than the Roman Empire had in it whole history. Ok exaggeration if you insist, but honestly in your odd 60 years of existence you have had more of this petty political stupidity than any consecutive 60 years of the Roman Empire.

Now look what happened to the Roman Empire, it broke up into separate regions then eventually faded away. Pakistan anyone?

You have democracy, in a way so:
Do the people do much about objecting about your pathetic politicians? No.

Do the media say anything that might point the politicians on to a correct tack? No.

Should political parties resemble and behave dynasties? No, but that is what you have.

Are there any real checks and balances against political ineptness and corruption? Possibly but heck don’t use it.

Is everyone waiting for some political messiah to come along an f miraclly fix it all up? Yes.

Will this happen? NO.

Roman Empire all over.

Media speculations may suggest to the people anything that is why we Pakistanis watch Geo news for wholesome entertainment along with news, I feel that people who fail to qualify in bollywood script writing end up in in India's media setup but

for the fact that President Zardari leading a coup within the army would be a major false step because not only did General Kayani assure him he won't take part in politics but I am aware that this would have also come with a statement suggesting that so long as he also stays out of the army and its set up so if he thinks he can acheive total power on such little support then all the defence he gave for his Swiss case about his mental health must be true.

Is it a counter-coup? Are there rumors of a coup?

Does the President have a right to relieve the COAS?

I hope there is no coup. I hope your military approaches a relief of command with equanimity and the assurance that you've another as good as the last. It's in this confidence of continuity born of a firmly inculcated institutional culture among your officer corps where your nation will find solace.

Adherence to the laws of your land, even in the face of others (to include politicians) whom don't will gain the greatest respect among your citizens and the world. If anything, your officers and men must INSIST that the President have his way if it's Zardari's prerogative by law to do so.

Yes he has the authority but will not because Kiyani might look soft at the moment but I assure you he is not. He will wait for 2 things one the country going down the drain or he being relieved than he will take control or in other words he and Pasha will take over the country it takes 9 min tops to take over the country.Have election and get Musharaf in power where Musharaf gives Kiyani extention for another 2 years and then bring Pasha as COAS or his Nephew.

Now you get rumour, counter rumour, suggested coup, suggested counter coup, Army vs politicians and politicians vs Army.
Heck you people have more of this in 60 odd years than the Roman Empire had in it whole history. Ok exaggeration if you insist, but honestly in your odd 60 years of existence you have had more of this petty political stupidity than any consecutive 60 years of the Roman Empire.

Now look what happened to the Roman Empire, it broke up into separate regions then eventually faded away. Pakistan anyone?

You have democracy, in a way so:
Do the people do much about objecting about your pathetic politicians? No.

Do the media say anything that might point the politicians on to a correct tack? No.

Should political parties resemble and behave dynasties? No, but that is what you have.

Are there any real checks and balances against political ineptness and corruption? Possibly but heck don’t use it.

Is everyone waiting for some political messiah to come along an f miraclly fix it all up? Yes.

Will this happen? NO.

Roman Empire all over.

Pakistan is not an empire. Its a small 3rd world developing country located in South Asia, we broke away from the British Empire.

Democracy doesn't work for everyone. Look at Saudi Arabia and China, they are doing just fine without democracy.

Last edited:
Nor do I know the appointment prerogatives for COAS. Does the President, Prime Minister, or Minister of Defense have that responsibility/authority?

243. Command of Armed Forces.

(1) The Federal Government shall have control and command of the Armed Forces.

[258A] [(1A) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision, the Supreme Command of the Armed Forces shall vest in the President.]

(2) The President shall, subject to law, have power-

(a) to raise and maintain the Military, Naval and Air Forces of Pakistan; and the Reserves of such Forces; [258B] [and]
(b) to grant Commissions in such Forces [258C] [.]
[258D]

[258E]
[(3) The President shall, [258F] [in consultation with the Prime Minister], appoint-
(a) the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee;
(b) the Chief of the Army Staff;
(c) the Chief of the Naval Staff; and
(d) the Chief of the Air Staff,
and shall also determine their salaries and allowances.]

[Chapter 2. Armed Forces] of [Part XII: Miscellaneous]

Thanks. Interesting insight. Wasn't aware that he'd made some quick unplanned jaunts.

What is the COAS/President relationship? Does the President or the Minister of Defense make this appointment? If not, how is the COAS appointed and from whom does he (ostensibly) take his orders?

Thanks again.:)

frosty! brrrrrrr!

So it IS going down, eh?:agree:

Probably another example of A.M.'s progressive and new morality of which my morally bankrupt nation is unaware.

But you guys have done this a few times, right? So you know how these things work and it's no big deal...correct?

We'll cry true boo-hoo tears.:cry:

Then we might get :angry:

I sure hope not.:angel:

No sense :hitwall:

Best to stay :cool:

Yup. Time for a white russian.

I certainly hope it does not come to that.

If only the judiciary shows some cojones then we can have a really positive development in which the state machinery corrects itself and Army does not have any reason to directly intervene.

A lot of responsibility lies with the judiciary right now since whole nation and even Army will back them up in case they take a principled stance on all the issues we are facing instead of giving biased decisions to please government.

More than anything, people want justice to be served.

The presence of multiple power centres is a major cause of worry. Why have a PM and President both having similar powers on different sectors. Why cant you unify it to one, say PM and then leave the President as a 'Icon post' for those who have excelled in some fields or served pakistan well' with no power at all. The same way as in India.

You have a Gilani who says 'let's go left' then you have Zardari who says 'let's go right' and then you have a Kayani who say's 'Nobody moves'. One Power, oner premiere for one nation.

The presence of multiple power centres is a major cause of worry. Why have a PM and President both having similar powers on different sectors. Why cant you unify it to one, say PM and then leave the President as a 'Icon post' for those who have excelled in some fields or served pakistan well' with no power at all. The same way as in India.

You have a Gilani who says 'let's go left' then you have Zardari who says 'let's go right' and then you have a Kayani who say's 'Nobody moves'. One Power, oner premiere for one nation.[/QUOTE]

thats what the constitution says but then its only a piece of paper - democratic institutions are weak because the political parties cannot come to terms with the norms of democracy where there is a govt and a opposition. the party in power wants "absolute" power and cannot tolerate the opposition's right to have their own govt in any province and vice-versa. these same parties dont hold elections within their parties to elect their party leaders. this stems from the "wadera" and "jagirdar" culture which prevails in our country and as we know very well, these are not democratic traits. so how can we have democracy in the true sense in our country, these are civilian dictators acting as democrats.

and then there is army....the most disciplined and organised institution in the country. this is a "top->down" organisation in terms of getting things done. to them this "chaos" is unacceptable and they have no patience for it.

already Gen. Kiyani has had meetings with both the president and PM, where he has sent clear signals that the army will stay in the barracks and support the civilian govt. as long as this "political confrontation" does not get out-of-hand (which it seems to be heading towards). the PM seems to have got the message but i am not too sure about the president.

stay tuned folks.....

Last edited:
Watching through all these mess, i feel Pakistan was better off with Mushraff in power and NS and BB out of the country.

I am in 100% agreement with you!! We enjoyed 8 years of stable pakistan bcoz of Parvez Musharraf!! And problem starts when NS and BB came in Pakistan!! Now we can see what is the condition of our country and NS is doing job of Israel against pakistan!! I dont like PPP govt but i think destablizing govt would destablize pakistan!!

Long Live Musharraf!!:pakistan:
Long Live Pakistan!!:pakistan:

Probably another example of A.M.'s progressive and new morality of which my morally bankrupt nation is unaware.

When you can stop dissembling and living in denial about your nation's 'morally bankrupt foreign policy' (there is a difference in what I said and the patent distortion you articulated here) for a moment, do get around to justifying what you attributed to me.

S-2 Credibility and possibility of 'head out of sand' ---------> ZERO :cheers:

and then there is army....the most disciplined and organised institution in the country. this is a "top->down" organisation in terms of getting things done. to them this "chaos" is unacceptable and they have no patience for it.

You should be never justifying such acts by PA. The ever dominant PA is what makes the political parties look like a bunch of thieves, sadly Pakistanis dont realise all political leaders are the same around the world.

You need to be more laid back when it comes to politics, let it find its own course and soon you would find it settling down.

We did have it, especially during early 90s. Govts were coming and falling like a pack of guards, but 20 years on, we are still alive and a govt is completing its 5 year term.

Back
Top Bottom