What's new

Zardari Destroys Domestic Intelligence Agency

With 4000 to 5000 PPP Jiyalas appointed to the IB, we can be assured that the energies of our domestic intelligence agency, at the behest of our cowardly and paranoid President Zardari, are being devoted to monitoring political opponents, and not preventing terrorism and related activities as they should be.

Institutions as powerful and important as Intel agencies and federal LEA's need to have Chiefs appointed by joint opposition and govt panels in Parliament.

With the Elite Police body guarding punjabis, PPP's sindhi manoodhs writing speeches for Zordari (and running the foreign office) and mohajir grabbing land in Karachi this move by Zordari shouldnt come to us as a surprise.

You know, the kind of a staunch supporter i am of National unity i hate to tell you that the plan and agenda of planting a sindhi in every post and designation (governmental or private) by this govt is back on track again, after it met deceleration during the recent political turmoil when the govt was about to lose its crown.

this comment show how pity and frustrated indians are, full of prejudice. and i am noticing this man especially. it is better to express such kind of venom on indian defence forum , looks to be an ambassador of idf, senseless person. man you are creating a bad image of idf............

So besides spewing obvious "venom"...do you have anything challenging the decision by the zardari government?....Do you have any veritable proof that the IB does "not" use googled stuff to formulate their reports?...Or that it does not rely on the "bharati" influenced "wikipedia"?

With the Elite Police body guarding punjabis, PPP's sindhi manoodhs writing speeches for Zordari (and running the foreign office) and mohajir grabbing land in Karachi this move by Zordari shouldnt come to us as a surprise.

You know, the kind of a staunch supporter i am of National unity i hate to tell you that the plan and agenda of planting a sindhi in every post and designation (governmental or private) by this govt is back on track again, after it met deceleration during the recent political turmoil when the govt was about to lose its crown.

ppppistan.jpg

*scoffs*
Fuel Shortage
Energy Crisis
Water Shortage
Wheat Shortage
Sugar Shortage
310% increase in many daily commodities
35% Increase in Sales and VAT
An unstable political coalition that is hip hopping from ( yes we are with you, to no we are against you)
Increased insecurity within the country
Poor management of public funds
Lack of public accountability
This is the government that has turned the Railways ( a profit making organisation, into a total loss making white elephant).
---

You were saying something about professionalism?

Well, you should try and figure out what i meant.

Well, you should try and figure out what i meant.

Spare me your hyperbole. Leave it for someone who care about your nonsensical mutterings. Enjoy your time here. It is of no significance.

So besides spewing obvious "venom"...do you have anything challenging the decision by the zardari government?....Do you have any veritable proof that the IB does "not" use googled stuff to formulate their reports?...Or that it does not rely on the "bharati" influenced "wikipedia"?

now you are trying intermingle all the stuff..............................

In other news, water cooler gossip has it that there is a bone of contention between the PPP old guard and Mr. Z and Z Junior... In fact his recent speech is a reminder to the public, i am still here... And yes it is a autocracy, if you watch his statement he mentions the word "My Son" no less then 5 times... :P

If you dravidians hate Pakistanis then why come to our forums? Do us a favour and go to some indian forum, and take your other indians with you. Do us a favour and leave Pakistanis alone.

Please pay him no heed and just discuss the issue at hand.

So now, in an obvious act of benevolence, i shall now show you the original point we were discussing. frankly, i am geniunely interested in finding out what you guys have to say

HERE YOU GO: The original news. :cheers:

Pakistan's top intelligence agencies seem to be out of control and "often cross the lines", a former top intelligence official has said.

While there are numerous small intelligence and investigating agencies in Pakistan, like Rangers Intelligence, Air Force Intelligence, Naval Intelligence, Special Branch, CID and the FIA, the big three- Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), Military Intelligence (MI) and Intelligence Bureau (IB)- are at the forefront as far as "intel operations" are concerned in Pakistan and abroad.

The ISI in principle looks after the foreign threats, the MI looks after the military related affairs and the IB looks after the internal affairs, but these three intelligence agencies seems to be out of control and "often cross the lines and even step on each other's toes", a former top intelligence official confirmed to Daily Times.

In fact, according to Brigadier (r) Shaukat Qadir, former vice president and founder of the Islamabad Policy Research Institute (IPRI), "the ISI, at least under Gen Mehmood in 2000-2001, completely went out of control until he was sacked. It was more of an ego problem, where Gen Mehmood, the ISI director general, considered himself unaccountable."

The politicisation of the intelligence agencies can be judged with the fact that at least 4,000-5,000 sacked Intelligence Bureau officials, who were previously profiled to be "unfit for service" due to political connections, were reinstated by the Pakistan People's Party (PPP)-led federal government with back pays and benefits only recently.

Revealing the work process of Pakistan's intelligence agencies, the report said: "They send out a daily report to the president and the prime minister via COAS- titled 'eyes only'- mostly "googled stuff" and constantly play up threat levels apart from nagging for more funds."

While the three big intelligence agencies have received all the latest tech and surveillance equipment from the United States, including serious investments in a new field- quantum computing to break terrorist codes- it is the human intelligence on which Pakistan's intelligence agencies normally rely upon but lack training in, the report added.

"They work like sub-inspectors and mostly tap phones and chase people," confirmed a former intelligence operative.

The report said the incompetence of Pakistan's intelligence agencies could be judged from the fact that they have completely failed to stop or pre-empt at least 87 per cent of terrorist related crimes, despite millions of dollars of funding and investment by the GoP and other allies in the country's intelligence network.

"We need an effective and efficient institution for collection of data, assets and monitoring of activities of all national, defence and domestic intelligence organisations - right now it's not working out well for us," confirmed a top intelligence chief. (ANI)

So now, in an obvious act of benevolence, i shall now show you the original point we were discussing. frankly, i am geniunely interested in finding out what you guys have to say

HERE YOU GO: The original news. :cheers:

Pakistan's top intelligence agencies seem to be out of control and "often cross the lines", a former top intelligence official has said.

While there are numerous small intelligence and investigating agencies in Pakistan, like Rangers Intelligence, Air Force Intelligence, Naval Intelligence, Special Branch, CID and the FIA, the big three- Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), Military Intelligence (MI) and Intelligence Bureau (IB)- are at the forefront as far as "intel operations" are concerned in Pakistan and abroad.

The ISI in principle looks after the foreign threats, the MI looks after the military related affairs and the IB looks after the internal affairs, but these three intelligence agencies seems to be out of control and "often cross the lines and even step on each other's toes", a former top intelligence official confirmed to Daily Times.

In fact, according to Brigadier (r) Shaukat Qadir, former vice president and founder of the Islamabad Policy Research Institute (IPRI), "the ISI, at least under Gen Mehmood in 2000-2001, completely went out of control until he was sacked. It was more of an ego problem, where Gen Mehmood, the ISI director general, considered himself unaccountable."

The politicisation of the intelligence agencies can be judged with the fact that at least 4,000-5,000 sacked Intelligence Bureau officials, who were previously profiled to be "unfit for service" due to political connections, were reinstated by the Pakistan People's Party (PPP)-led federal government with back pays and benefits only recently.

Revealing the work process of Pakistan's intelligence agencies, the report said: "They send out a daily report to the president and the prime minister via COAS- titled 'eyes only'- mostly "googled stuff" and constantly play up threat levels apart from nagging for more funds."

While the three big intelligence agencies have received all the latest tech and surveillance equipment from the United States, including serious investments in a new field- quantum computing to break terrorist codes- it is the human intelligence on which Pakistan's intelligence agencies normally rely upon but lack training in, the report added.

"They work like sub-inspectors and mostly tap phones and chase people," confirmed a former intelligence operative.

The report said the incompetence of Pakistan's intelligence agencies could be judged from the fact that they have completely failed to stop or pre-empt at least 87 per cent of terrorist related crimes, despite millions of dollars of funding and investment by the GoP and other allies in the country's intelligence network.

"We need an effective and efficient institution for collection of data, assets and monitoring of activities of all national, defence and domestic intelligence organisations - right now it's not working out well for us," confirmed a top intelligence chief. (ANI)

Lol where did this guy get his information, the pan walla?

It's not Rangers Intelligence, it's Internal Security WING!

Pathetic article is Patheic.

@RR

Lolzz...yeah.

i sometimes actually think that day is soon coming jis din her gali say zaroor Bhutto niklay ga..

Today we cant name a single institution where we dont see PPP jiyalas sitting either in executive capacity or in worst cases, at the lowest tier as workers and daily wagers.

On a brighter side, well this will atleast ensure a guud vote bank for PPP during the next elections!

IB ever attacked by president or prime minister office in Past, off course they ever want secret eyes to control its activities to ensure no body will check them for what. Where concerns over Rehman Malik; he is a punishment for us & bad luck of Pakistan.
ISI is another story comes under strategic & military issues so they aware how to protect it from our political sold crocodiles. ISI not concerns here.

This tendency "Blessings for owns" was supported in IB not only this time but in last decade there were similar examples.

I don't really care who gets appointed to which position as long as they do their job well. What we've seen so far is increase in corruption, inflation and crime.

The income support fund is good for getting a votes, but printing a stack of notes is depreciating the value of the Rupee, making goods more expensive to buy. How can you help the poor is prices keep rising because of you ??

What is even more disturbing is an utter non-chalant and uncaring way in which they talk about these issues.

I believe that Sharif lost a good opportunity to get support from PML-Q, MQM and JUI (F) to get government out. Maybe nobody wants to come in power in these times, where whatever you do backfires. I think they're biding their time and then let the people decide for themselves.

Why is the pakistani goverment destroying its own establishments? I dont see an incentive for this unless, they actually did use public domain materials to write reports and bypassed the actual intelligence gathering process.

Why is the pakistani goverment destroying its own establishments? I dont see an incentive for this unless, they actually did use public domain materials to write reports and bypassed the actual intelligence gathering process.

They are destroying institutions because the leadership of the PPP believes in consolidating power through cronyism and hundreds of thousands of unnecessary political appointments that cost the country billions of dollars annually, but ensure that the PPP has a large vote bank from these individuals and their relatives, not to mention that t can manipulate various institutions to do its political dirty work and keep it in power and immune from any criminal proceedings.

A very influential physician here (from Sindh originally) dislikes Zardari tremendously, but he refused to become part of a planned protest movement (driven by the events in Egypt) since he has close relatives in Sindh that are influential PPP members. So you see how this political appointee process pays dividends in terms of keeping Zardari in power. Not too different from Saddam and his Baath party loyalists.

Knowing this, it isn't surprising at all that Zardari had to be dragged kicking and screaming to restore the judiciary and put an independent judicial appointment process in place. And this is why you hear such virulent criticzm of the judiciary by PPP apologists on the media and elsewhere (such as NFP, Kamran Sharifs etc.), since it is the one institution that can legally overturn the corrupt PPP applecart.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom