What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

Both are great and have advantages.

TAI has western tech, which is more advanced than China can offer, but China can guarantee sanction proof tech, with high possibilities of ToTs.

Personally, I think PA should risk it and go for T-129. Turkey has proven to be a reliable enough partner, but it doesn't mean that PA shouldn't at least put both up face to face in a contest.

Wz10 canbe acquired anytime in future. There are some other aspects to the deal which I dont want to express your in a public forum. NEEDLESS to say that when you have TOT you can integrate other equipment and institute minor changez to improve things.
Araz

On a side note, it's awesome to see the opinion so divided. The opinion poll is so divided that the differences mean very little. This just goes to show you that both systems have their respective advantages, and buying either would be a good call.

If i don't remember wrong (feel free to correct me) , the pod on the far left is the new launcher for the Cirit. Which houses 12 cirit on one pod.

nwpj3.jpg

T129B version will be loaded with 8 UMTAS, 12 CIRIT and 2 AIM-92 Stinger missiles.

Which makes it a multi-role heli. I don't know much about the WZ-10 but with the configuration you provided it fills the tank-hunter role which will be useless against asymmetric warfare ( aka: taliban)

Source: https://www.tai.com.tr/en/project/atak

That maybe a new launcher, we need to see more pictures to conclude it safely and yes you are right that is a tank hunter configuration but that's a flexibility, one MAY configure it in that way in which case it would be effective in any future conflict with our eastern neighbour, while, it can be armed with rocket pods when dealing with Talibans.

Both of them look very good but for me I would go for WZ-10 because I strongly believe that in coming years WZ-10 will become even more better when they are upgraded.

Pakistan do need a heavy weight helicopter I would had really loved to see mi 28 havoc in Pak Army but since that’s not going to happen, WZ-10 is the right choice & China is going to help Pakistan in every possible way. Whereas T-129 goes, there is a good possibility that West will interfere in the deal & stop it from happening, so go for WZ-10 it will serve well to Pak Army.

Unfortunately dear, gunships are supposed to be deadlier rather than looking "sexy".
Sir the WZ-10 will carry alot more armament than T-129's once it gets WZ16 Turboshafts.

T-129 A&B variants already come with a RCS lower than WZ-10. In fact, the C variant is even more stealthy and lower radar crossed when compared to the A&B models, to be used for cross-border ops.&spec. ops.

canavar.jpg

atak-2012-6.jpg

c7kid7vyc5y77yo6h.jpg
I'm unable to see any edition to the Airframe which will reduce its RCS. On what bases did you supposed that T-129 has lower RCS than WZ-10 ??? :blink:

Radar absorbing materials used on T-129 posted originally by cabatli

Picture: i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii292/cabatli_53/IDEF2009/image-A0C5_49FA2E58.jpg

Not having 30 posts to attach images sucks :)

Also some people mentioned how WZ-10 will have milimeter wave radar in the future. Just for the sake of being complete I should mention that T-129 will also have one

Picture: i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp20/combat-master/img0372g.jpg

Ka band millimetre wave radar
• 8 km range, precise azimuth and range resolution
• Multi function system
• Pulse Doppler Mode
• Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) mode
• Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) mode
• Terrain Profiling mode.
• Detection of stationary and moving targets on land and in the air
• Target classification
• Target tracking and weapons engagement
• SAR/ISAR image generation
• Terrain profiling to allow safe navigation
• National system-algorithm design, national software and hardware development.

Picture: i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii292/cabatli_53/IDEF2009/image-A0C5_49FA2E58.jpg

Also some people mentioned how WZ-10 will have milimeter wave radar in the future. Just for the sake of being complete I should mention that T-129 will also have one

• Multi function system
• Pulse Doppler Mode
• Target classification

nm. I really gotta stop posting before I read comments completely.

• Multi function system
• Pulse Doppler Mode
• Target classification
They're you go brother.

image-A0C5_49FA2E58.jpg

Welcome to PDF.
Turkey.gif
:pakistan:

RAM is not the only measure taken to reduce RCS in WZ-10.

Sir the WZ-10 will carry alot more armament than T-129's once it gets WZ16 Turboshafts.

I'm unable to see any edition to the Airframe which will reduce its RCS. On what bases did you supposed that T-129 has lower RCS than WZ-10 ??? :blink:

didn't you see the first pic mate. That should be the c variant. But to make stealth choppers, using RAM paint is a history now. Today a dozen of other high-tech sh¡ts other than radar absorbing saints are used for "stealth capablity". Which T-129 has at least most of them, all variants include all stealth devices in it.

didn't you see the first pic mate. That should be the c variant. But to make stealth choppers, using RAM paint is a history now. Today a dozen of other high-tech sh¡ts other than radar absorbing saints are used for "stealth capablity". Which T-129 has at least most of them, all variants include all stealth devices in it.
All in All it's a great chopper for you guys but maybe not for us.

But If we can get 100% ToT which means 100% components including the engine can be built in PAC than it's an Excellent deal !!!!

All in All it's a great chopper for you guys but maybe not for us.

But If we can get 100% ToT which means 100% components including the engine can be built in PAC than it's an Excellent deal !!!!

maan, PAK needs attack helis for Assymetric warfare, meanwhile counter-insurgery ops. (as @Sinan said)

That fact was the main requirement of T-129, which's the same for Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
maan, PAK needs attack helis for Assymetric warfare, meanwhile counter-insurgery ops. (as @Sinan said)

That fact was the main requirement of T-129, which's the same for Pakistan.
Yes the T-129 has proved itself in counter-insurgency ops but we also need a chopper for Anti-armor role for which WZ-10 with WZ16 engine and 16 HJ-10 or our own (under development) Fire and Forget Baktar Shikan is the ideal candidate.

Pakistan can go for both Choppers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom