What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

Yes the T-129 has proved itself in counter-insurgency ops but we also need a chopper for Anti-armor role for which WZ-10 with WZ16 engine and 16 HJ-10 or our own (under development) Fire and Forget Baktar Shikan is the ideal candidate.

Pakistan can go for both Choppers.

T129B (multirole variant) is loaded
with 8 UMTAS, 12 CIRIT and 2
AIM-92 Stinger missiles.

CIRIT= World's first and only 2.75" laser-guided rocket.

UMTAS= Long Range Anti Armor missile. Better than AGM-114K Hellfire

Only the American shot out of their hips a "Stealth helo" which crashed in Abbottabad...
Other than that there is no such thing as a stealth Helicopter...
The rotors are great radar wave reflectors and you cannot hide them...
So all this talk about stealth is useless...

Helicopter relies on Fire-power and Survivability......and manoeuvring in and out of radar confusing terrain such as Hiding behind tree tops or behind a hill...

T129B (multirole variant) is loaded
with 8 UMTAS, 12 CIRIT and 2
AIM-92 Stinger missiles.

CIRIT= World's first and only 2.75" laser-guided rocket.

UMTAS= Long Range Anti Armor missile. Better than AGM-114K Hellfire
8 Atgms are not ideal for us as we have the worlds biggest armored battles !!!! :D

Z-10 has mostly Chinese components in it which means not only cheaper to procure but also to maintain and operate too. But Pakistan has to do a lot in Electrical and Electronics development in Military as well as commercial.

Yes ,
this is why i am with WZ-10A, Because this plate form is also sanctioned proof .

No need to spend on T129's, the full capabilities of the WZ 10 is unknown but with the known data WZ 10 is a more promising platform compared to the uselessly expensive T's...
Many fellows here talks about the weapon package of T's as game changer, how about acquire the weapon's and integrate it on WZ's...Our Turk brothers will support us...:)

it is better to launch open tender for a attack helicopter
and test all the contenders in different area in the country
this will be better rather than conspiracies
armed+Chinese+Z-10+Attack+Helicopter+gunship+PLA+Peoples+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+abcdefexport+pakitan+missile+hj10+atgm+rocket+wz-10+radaraam+++WZ-9+turboshaft+engine+firing+4th+5+6+7+8+9akd-10+navy+%25282%2529.jpg

@Neptune

ATAK is a multi role helo which can be adapted for COIN ops.

* Laser guided missiles.
* Guided rockets
* Unguided rockets
* Multiple gun pods
* Autocannon

It seems to have robust Night Strike capabilities,which means a potent weapon for the SOF guys on the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of them look very good but for me I would go for WZ-10 because I strongly believe that in coming years WZ-10 will become even more better when they are upgraded.

I have highlighted your statement to further reinforce my point about platform maturity. PA needs something in the next couple of yrs not in the 5-10 yr period. This is why we are going for what we are . As to MI28 you want to fall out of the US frying pan and land into the fire of the red bear???? PAF wants to switch over to WS13 like YESTERDAY and you want to go for another platform which brings with it its own set of problems. There in lies the dilemma that PA faces.
Araz

Yes the T-129 has proved itself in counter-insurgency ops but we also need a chopper for Anti-armor role for which WZ-10 with WZ16 engine and 16 HJ-10 or our own (under development) Fire and Forget Baktar Shikan is the ideal candidate.

Pakistan can go for both Choppers.
I really think that role can still be played by t129. Look at its armament package and tell me what more do you wat. All the things that you are mentioning for the WZ10 will be roles that can be played by the T129 NOW rather than 5 yrs down the line. Look at what people are saying . Even the staunchest of proponents acknowledge that it is a product that wil fulfill its purpose in future not now.Accept that PA knows a few more things than us armchair generals. The equipment is the need of the hour NOW not in the futur3e when there may not be a country left to defend. This is how dire your need is.
Araz

@Neptune

ATAK is a multi role helo which can be adapted for COIN ops.

* Laser guided missiles.
* Guided rockets
* Unguided rockets
* Multiple gun pods
* Autocannon

It seems to have robust Night Strike capabilities,which means a potent weapon for the SOF guys on the ground.

Does that mean it primarily the ammunition which is making the deal attractive for us?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think that role can still be played by t129. Look at its armament package and tell me what more do you wat. All the things that you are mentioning for the WZ10 will be roles that can be played by the T129 NOW rather than 5 yrs down the line. Look at what people are saying . Even the staunchest of proponents acknowledge that it is a product that wil fulfill its purpose in future not now.Accept that PA knows a few more things than us armchair generals. The equipment is the need of the hour NOW not in the futur3e when there may not be a country left to defend. This is how dire your need is.
Araz
Sir think of it like this.

For anti-armor role one WZ-10 with 16 baktar shikan will be able to do the job of 2 t-129 with 8 umtas each !!!

Both of them look very good but for me I would go for WZ-10 because I strongly believe that in coming years WZ-10 will become even more better when they are upgraded.

I have highlighted your statement to further reinforce my point about platform maturity. PA needs something in the next couple of yrs not in the 5-10 yr period. This is why we are going for what we are . As to MI28 you want to fall out of the US frying pan and land into the fire of the red bear???? PAF wants to switch over to WS13 like YESTERDAY and you want to go for another platform which brings with it its own set of problems. There in lies the dilemma that PA faces.
Araz

Chief just because I like MI28 it does not mean Pak Army should buy it, I just said like that alright & as far as WZ-10 goes Pak Army should go for it, upgrades will keep coming in & Pak Army will for sure get it or go for it.

The way you came towards me I didn't like that, no comment araz that will be good.

WZ-10 is right choice for PAF as ATAK uses several US made parts; supply of mentioned parts is prone to sanction.

Back
Top Bottom