What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

WZ-10 is right choice for PAF as ATAK uses several US made parts; supply of mentioned parts is prone to sanction.

Pakistan is a major non nato ally. Sanctions are a wild goose, gone the days of sanctions for Pakistan.

Pakistan is a major non nato ally. Sanctions are a wild goose, gone the days of sanctions for Pakistan.

There are some senior pakistani members who predict sanctions will hit Pakistan after 2014.

May be US wont sanction Pakistan, but such possibility can't be ruled out.

No nation can depend on US 100%.

There are some senior pakistani members who predict sanctions will hit Pakistan after 2014.

May be US wont sanction Pakistan, but such possibility can't be ruled out.

No nation can depend on US 100%.

No one has the crystal ball, i don't take other people's word on face value.

No one has the crystal ball, i don't take other people's word on face value.

Nor do I like to. But we both know how polices of US work, don't we?

Sanctions was the only reason I preferred WZ 10 over A 129; why else do you think i would choose chinese heli over western one?

Nor do I like to. But we both know how polices of US work, don't we?

Sanctions was the only reason I preferred WZ 10 over A 129; why else do yo think i would choose chinese heli over western one?

Geopolitics of our region has changed significantly -America is going to need counter terrorism cooperation from Pakistan for the foreseeable future. They can't hope to have CT cooperation and sanction us at the same time. Moreover, sanctioning Pakistan will directly be seen in Beijing as blockading the Kashghar-Gwadar corridor project therefore putting China and the US at the loggerheads.

Geopolitics of our region has changed significantly -America is going to need counter terrorism cooperation from Pakistan for the foreseeable future. They can't hope to have CT cooperation and sanction us at the same time. Moreover, sanctioning Pakistan will directly be seen in Beijing as blockading the Kashghar-Gwadar corridor project therefore putting China and the US at the loggerheads.

A complete sanction may not come but what about US pressuring brits and Turks to not provide spare parts for A-129 acquired by PAF?

A complete sanction may not come but what about US pressuring brits and Turks to not provide spare parts for A-129 acquired by PAF?

That would draw some sort of response from Pakistan too.

Anything new? We don't even care anymore...... :D

@Neptune

ATAK is a multi role helo which can be adapted for COIN ops.

* Laser guided missiles.
* Guided rockets
* Unguided rockets
* Multiple gun pods
* Autocannon

It seems to have robust Night Strike capabilities,which means a potent weapon for the SOF guys on the ground.

so true brother. TAI's acceptance tests are over. Now, KKK (Turkish Army)'s acceptance tests are about to end. Heard that TAI's currently working on a tactical reconnaissance variant other than the A&B&C variants. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That would draw some sort of response from Pakistan too.

Who on the earth cares about Pakistan's response.
What was Pakistan's response after NATO strike, OBL raid, Drone attacks etc. and did the things get right ? NO !
And if you'd like to talk about response against sanction then what we could do to USA after F-16 blockade and to france after rejection of JFT upgrades !

It will never work, my friend.

All i am concerned about Turkish reliability on this project if it is ever secured. Otherwise nobody is denying that T-129 is a potent platform or we can say slightly more potent than WZ-10. Thats why people have voted for WZ-10 because it will come totally sanction proof.

Who on the earth cares about Pakistan's response.
What was Pakistan's response after NATO strike, OBL raid, Drone attacks etc. and did the things get right ? NO !
And if you'd like to talk about response against sanction then what we could do to USA after F-16 blockade and to france after rejection of JFT upgrades !

It will never work, my friend.

All i am concerned about Turkish reliability on this project if it is ever secured. Otherwise nobody is denying that T-129 is a potent platform or we can say slightly more potent than WZ-10. Thats why people have voted for WZ-10 because it will come totally sanction proof.

As i said before, no one has the crystal ball & if the US pulls strings on this, it will sour their relations with Turkey too.

t129 is better for pakistan.....seen from the recent procurments of pakistan,that all of them are from china..i think its also not wise to keep all egs in one baskit

can any 1 tell what is unit cost of these attack helicopters but official

TAI/AgustaWestland T-129
Mi-28
Mi-24
AH-64D Longbow
AH-1Z Viper
Denel AH-2 Rooivalk
Eurocopter Tiger

Only the American shot out of their hips a "Stealth helo" which crashed in Abbottabad...
Other than that there is no such thing as a stealth Helicopter...

So was the Comanche just to note for academic reasons...

Back to the topic WZ-10 being a bigger and newer platform also provides greater growth potential.

Back
Top Bottom