What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

In that case we have to make sure that these choppers don't become another headache for us like the cobras and F-16's.

No, we have to make sure that our economy picks up, so we can have funds to invest into the domestic military R&D. Forigen products, no matter where you buy them from come with some sort of strings. Therefore there's is nothing better than mama's own meal !

No, we have to make sure that our economy picks up, so we can have funds to invest into the domestic military R&D. Forigen products, no matter where you buy them from come with some sort of strings. Therefore there's is nothing better than mama's own meal !
Yes i agree. Economy should be our first priority !!!!

Beta, sorties are expensive for a reason. The reason being shitty economy. You can't blame an asset for it. They do brilliantly what they were designed for.

Did you know the annual budget of Istanbul police is twice the size of budget of (PA + PAF + PN + Rangers + Police + etc etc etc)! :woot:

Correction. They were a headache and still the sorties are still very expensive for PAF !!!

Aero, yara, one thing that would be a deal-breaker is if we don't get the full ToT. I mean I'd go for the Chinese version if they offered ToT along with the package, and the Turks didn't. For us, as a country, it's imperative that we get a hang of high-tech manufacturing technologies, at any cost!

For example I, on my own, without any foreign assistance can cook up certain "key" technologies for manufacturing (some pretty awesome stuff). We need to do the same with all the equipment we purchase, knowledge and know-how is always way more important than minor-technological differences A vs B.

Poll added

Aero, yara, one thing that would be a deal-breaker is if we don't get the full ToT. I mean I'd go for the Chinese version if they offered ToT along with the package, and the Turks didn't. For us, as a country, it's imperative that we get a hang of high-tech manufacturing technologies, at any cost!

For example I, on my own, without any foreign assistance can cook up certain "key" technologies for manufacturing some pretty awesome stuff. We need to do the same with all the equipment we purchase, knowledge and know-how is always way more important than minor-technological differences A vs B.

Turks manufacture some very critical parts of this helo, and i hope they better seed this technology to Pakistan. Moreover lalaji, i have a gut feeling that this is not an ordinary deal, we are also exchanging some technology with Turkey in return. What it might be is open to debate. We have technology,Turkey urgently needs but doesn't have access to, it remains to be seen what they might be interested in.

Did you know that many of their designators and seekers in some of their most modern munitions are with best compliments of .............. I have more friends involved with TUBITAK, since it's inception, than I have in Pakistan!

Turks manufacture some very critical parts of this helo, and i hope they better seed this technology to Pakistan. Moreover lalaji, i have a gut feeling that this is not an ordinary deal, we are also exchanging some technology with Turkey in return. What it might be is open to debate. We have technology,Turkey urgently needs but doesn't have access to, it remains to be seen what they might be interested in.

ballistic missiles?

@S.Y.A

Most likely Babur, especially the VLS variant, for their Navy.

Last edited by a moderator:
T-129 > WZ-10.

It carries a better weapons package on top of a state of the art sensor/avionics suite.

How is T-129 weapons package better than WZ-10? And engine would matter, since it would allow WZ-10 to carry 16 Hellfire class AKD-10 while having better armour protection and performance. As for avionics/sensor/EW again WZ-10 is at par.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom