What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

You guys are at it again. You are comparing an established platform with one which has not officially been acknowledged as having been inducted. I want you guys to look at things when both techs are matured and inducted. The chinese will not be at that stage till 2015-18at least. Then there is the issue of induction of and development of arms for the helo.So in short we can't induct WZ10 till 2018-2020. Now do you guys think that we can wait until then. A129 suddenly starts making sense. A mature platform coming with in house development of facilities for overhaul and assembly and getting to grips with the complexities of helo building and maintenance. So Hari Ram, Haris and Haqdost khan can pontificate till the cows come home, but the Turkish deal is the one to have.my 2pai s worth.
Araz

You guys are ag it again. You are comparing an established platform with one which has not officially been acknowledged as having been inducted. I want you guhs to look at things when both techs are matured and inducted. The chinese qill not be at that stage till 2015-18at least. Then there is the issue of induction of and development of arms for the helo.So inshort we can't induct WZ10 till 2018-2020. Now do you guys think that we can wait until then. A129 suddenly starts making sense. A mature platform coming with inhouse development of facilities for overhaul and assembly and gettingo to grips with the complexities of helo building and maintenance. So Hari Ram, Haris and Haqdost khan can pontificate till the cows come home but the Turkish deal is the one to have.my 2pai s worth.
Araz

I thought the T129 is the one that is in development, I mean actual development as in only has prototypes? Not that the WZ isn't still needing work, but it is out now and being mass produced.

I thought the T129 is the one that is in development, I mean actual development as in only has prototypes? Not that the WZ isn't still needing work, but it is out now and being mass produced.

Exactly, there are 6 odd "prototypes" of T-129 where as 60 odd active duty WZ-10s.

We should go for WZ-10 ToT with WZ16 turboshafts !!!

Much more reliable platform !!!! :pakistan: :china:

cgi+kit+tool+armed+Chinese+Z-10+Attack+Helicopter+gunship+PLA+Peoples+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+export+pakitan+missile+hj10+atgm+rocket+%25282%2529.jpg

Its looks cool and even partial stealthy too. :tup:

You guys are at it again. You are comparing an established platform with one which has not officially been acknowledged as having been inducted. I want you guys to look at things when both techs are matured and inducted. The chinese will not be at that stage till 2015-18at least. Then there is the issue of induction of and development of arms for the helo.So in short we can't induct WZ10 till 2018-2020. Now do you guys think that we can wait until then. A129 suddenly starts making sense. A mature platform coming with in house development of facilities for overhaul and assembly and getting to grips with the complexities of helo building and maintenance. So Hari Ram, Haris and Haqdost khan can pontificate till the cows come home, but the Turkish deal is the one to have.my 2pai s worth.
Araz
Sir Gi what about the EW suite, don't you think that it's superior to T-129's ???

besides we have experience with BM/KG300G jamming pod !!!!!

Armament aside, which Gunship do you think has better avionics and Airframe ?????

Sir Gi what about the EW suite, don't you think that it's superior to T-129's ???

besides we have experience with BM/KG300G jamming pod !!!!!

Armament aside, which Gunship do you think has better avionics and Airframe ?????

T-129 > WZ-10.

It carries a better weapons package on top of a state of the art sensor/avionics suite.

Why no?

Helicopter is just a vehicle, what matters is the ordnance, it delivers and how good it can deliver it on target.
O mere piaray bholay ...... After WZ-10 gets the WZ16 Turboshafts .... the weapons package will be comparable to Apache as the number of ATGM's will be doubled with the extra 500 KW power. !!!

O mere piaray bholay ...... After WZ-10 gets the WZ16 Turboshafts .... the weapons package will be comparable to Apache as the number of ATGM's will be doubled with the extra 500 KW power. !!!

All are will be's and how they prove to be in one package is what remains to be seen. Engine alone doesn't guarantee impeccable combat performance. T-129 carries a NATO standard weapons/sensor suite in a proven platform, WZ-10 doesn't match that.

Both are beautiful machines, however, TAI has a slight edge due to avionics package.

All are will be's and how they prove to be in one package is what remains to be seen. Engine alone doesn't guarantee impeccable combat performance. T-129 carries a NATO standard weapons/sensor suite in a proven platform, WZ-10 doesn't match that.
First of .... You can't convince someone by just saying that T-129 > WZ-10. you'll have to do better than that !!!

Using a Gunship against Somali rebels and the Taliban doesn't prove that the T-129/A-129's avionics and EW suite is better than WZ-10's. Both of the Gunship's weapons/sensor suites remain to be tested in a heavy Electronic Warfare and jamming environment.

First of .... You can't convince someone by just saying that T-129 > WZ-10. you'll have to do better than that !!!

Those who are already educated know what that equation means.

Using a Gunship against Somali rebels and the Taliban doesn't prove that the T-129/A-129's avionics and EW suite is better than WZ-10's. Both of the Gunship's weapons/sensor suites remain to be tested in a heavy Electronic Warfare and jamming environment.

Therefore i'd rather go with something built on NATO standards [Avionics,Communication,Datalink,Sensor Suite and weapons integration] than going with something that is until yet a first off effort yet to be proven in any case.

Therefore i'd rather go with something built on NATO standards [Avionics,Communication,Datalink,Sensor Suite and weapons integration] than going with something that is until yet a first off effort yet to be proven in any case.
In that case we have to make sure that these choppers don't become another headache for us like the cobras and F-16's.

Back
Top Bottom