What's new

Z-10 ME/P deliveries to begin from 2023

If we are getting Z-10 ME then I see no point of sticking with T129. Then T629 is the way forward. Z-10 ME will be light attack and T629 will be our Apache answer.
Those are literally the same size of helicopter. You must be referring to T929.

If we are getting Z-10 ME then I see no point of sticking with T129. Then T629 is the way forward. Z-10 ME will be light attack and T629 will be our Apache answer.
It’s not primarily about light/medium vs. heavy, but the T929 should be procured if the range and altitude for the doctrine. Do we need a platform to loiter longer and/or operate at higher altitudes? Considering a lot of Pakistan’s frontline areas are at high altitude and that once in the fight, backup may not come in time, the T-929 probably fits in a few niche areas and should be procured in number proportional to the need.

Beyond a certain range or speed or endurance, a fixed wing platform like a drone or manned fixed wing platform would be better suited for the mission. Hence why the US is looking at tilt rotor attack platforms.

I suspect the PA is coming to that same conclusion, as the Z-10ME will buy headroom to start replacing some of the older units that were due to be replaced by the WZ-10 and T-129's originally and they can focus on the T-929 as the high end platform.

Z-10ME is a medium weight Attack Helicopter not light...

I suspect the PA is coming to that same conclusion, as the Z-10ME will buy headroom to start replacing some of the older units that were due to be replaced by the WZ-10 and T-129's originally and they can focus on the T-929 as the high end platform.
I also see it that way. It would be 40 Z-10 ME or maybe some more in our arsenal and rest will be T929 ATAK II. Only question is how is the demand of our Army. And will this time Air Force will go for their own attack helicopters or not.
@PanzerKiel

I also see it that way. It would be 40 Z-10 ME or maybe some more in our arsenal and rest will be T929 ATAK II. Only question is how is the demand of our Army. And will this time Air Force will go for their own attack helicopters or not.
@PanzerKiel
Demand of our army. Enough said.
I saw a formation of 3 gunships fly over my home in Islamabad on March flypast after Feb 2019 Indian incursion.
Whether now they are part of the military or still testing I can't say

So will the T-129 purchase be cancelled/updated? Can’t we give them to the FC?

Any updates, ...

1690064169628.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom