What's new

Yunus 'siphoned Tk 7bn aid for poor'

Then I give up. Seems you enjoy living in a fake stardom in an online forum.
With everyone chanting Munshi ji Munshi ji.

Happy cheer leading.

Hey I call him Munshi ji. He is good in my eyes. I am not meaing you are bad. And dont know why he is aggressive today. But I suspect yunus who may exploit the poor. As like I can rember the Clinton's visit when la-hasina showed him lot of slams to get money.

I've always told to razaakars and dalals like you that I'm just pro bangladeshi nothing else and I like zia as much as mujib.

May be you can not distinguish two things, good and bad.

Last edited:
wud anyone disagree here that the two of them did as much for the country which we can't even compare to what we do? Bangladeshi Identity was symbolized by Zia while Mujeeb was for his speeches, anyways back to topic
I'm done for the time being.

I'm just pro bangladeshi nothing else and I like zia and mujib in the same way.

With all do respect, You can not be pro Bangladeshi if you respect Mujib same way since he was a dalal of Bharat. Equalizing Mujib with Zia is disrespect to the honesty, bravery, leadership and vision. :coffee:

You do know that Awami still refused to say Bangladesh Zindabad. They still stuck in the provincial mentality of Joi Bangla bullshit. It is also derived from Hinduani. :tdown:

Both of them are dead now let them rest in peace.
Its upon us to build a better Bangladesh and respect our own countrymen like Yunus who promotes us in the world stage.

Only thing i know is tht this Person did a wonderful task ,
Using banking to benefit the poors and he got Nobel for that but as the people owning the banks are not happy with him coz so they want to defame him .

I request our dear moderators to change the outrageous topic of this thread, or close it altogether!
Dr. Yunus' contribution to alleviating poverty in BD is surpassed by no other single person or NGO. Even BRAC has adopted his microcredit approach in and beyond BD. This little piece of distasteful propaganda is an insult to all his effort to help the poor and will negatively affect our nation's international image. Whoever authored this is definitely involved in anti-state activities! :angry:

AL asks Bangladesh Bank to examine reports about Grameen Bank

Reported by: UNBconnect
Reported on: December 03, 2010 22:15 PM
Reported in: Politics

Dhaka, Dec 3 (UNB)- Ruling Awami League has requested the Bangladesh Bank to examine the reports that Grameen Bank has diverted millions of dollars of aid money to one of its sister concerns.

Awami League general secretary and LGRD Minister Syed Ashraful Islam disclosed this to reporters after the party’s central working committee meeting held Friday evening at Ganobhaban with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.

Ashraf said the meeting discussed in detail the Grameen Bank matter and its Managing Director Prof Mohammad Yunus. “We are trying to collect the original text of the report. We’re not sure about what exactly happened. This is not enough to make a judgment on it,” he said.

The AL general secretary said Prof Yunus is an international reputed personality and his name is linked with the name of Bangladesh to some extent. He said any damage to Prof Yunus is tantamount to the damage of Bangladesh. “Therefore, the matter is serious concern for us and we are very concerned about it,” he said.

UNBconnect... - AL asks Bangladesh Bank to examine reports about Grameen Bank

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I agree an investigation is necessary why is the AL getting involved in this issue. Hasina seems to be jealous that Yunus got the Nobel Prize but her father and she didn't. Yunus also probably poses the biggest political threat to the AL but all this is diverting from the real issues and is becoming a petty feud instead.

Fore Bangla readers an interesting discussion -

??????? ?????, ??????? ? ?????????? ????????? | ????????

On whose payroll are you? Why are you after Dr. Yunus? I think this is called the "Crab-Bucket Syndrome":

In a bucket full of crabs, when one crab tries to crawl out of the bucket, one of the other crabs would grab it by its leg and pull it down..

Funny that a lot of the people talking against Dr. Yunus are economics professors at Bangladeshi universities. They say Dr. Yunus' model is not worth the Nobel Prize. Don't they realize Dr. Yunus has positively contributed to their own image (Bangladeshi economists) in front of the international community?

Bengalis are infamous for jealousy, envy and greed. You guys keep proving it!

AL asks Bangladesh Bank to examine reports about Grameen Bank

Reported by: UNBconnect
Reported on: December 03, 2010 22:15 PM
Reported in: Politics

Dhaka, Dec 3 (UNB)- Ruling Awami League has requested the Bangladesh Bank to examine the reports that Grameen Bank has diverted millions of dollars of aid money to one of its sister concerns.

Awami League general secretary and LGRD Minister Syed Ashraful Islam disclosed this to reporters after the party’s central working committee meeting held Friday evening at Ganobhaban with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.

Ashraf said the meeting discussed in detail the Grameen Bank matter and its Managing Director Prof Mohammad Yunus. “We are trying to collect the original text of the report. We’re not sure about what exactly happened. This is not enough to make a judgment on it,” he said.

The AL general secretary said Prof Yunus is an international reputed personality and his name is linked with the name of Bangladesh to some extent. He said any damage to Prof Yunus is tantamount to the damage of Bangladesh. “Therefore, the matter is serious concern for us and we are very concerned about it,” he said.

UNBconnect... - AL asks Bangladesh Bank to examine reports about Grameen Bank

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I agree an investigation is necessary why is the AL getting involved in this issue. Hasina seems to be jealous that Yunus got the Nobel Prize but her father and she didn't. Yunus also probably poses the biggest political threat to the AL but all this is diverting from the real issues and is becoming a petty feud instead.

Can't agree more with you one this one. Jealousy and greed is the main reason why we are still a developing country. AL whether or not they have been responsible for this, have been clearly waiting for this gap hole.

Can't agree more with you one this one. Jealousy and greed is the main reason why we are still a developing country. AL whether or not they have been responsible for this, have been clearly waiting for this gap hole.

It's not only AL. It's all the aged people involved or semi-involved or even slightly involved with politics. Waiting for the day when the new generation takes over. It will not change too much though, unless we totally revamp the education system, teach kids patriotism since day 1 of school life and: teach them in their history lessons about how jealous Carthagian politicians interfered with Hannibal's conquest of Rome and eventually ended up as burnt corpses in the ruins of Carthage, razed and burnt to the ground by the Roman army.

On whose payroll are you? Why are you after Dr. Yunus? I think this is called the "Crab-Bucket Syndrome":

In a bucket full of crabs, when one crab tries to crawl out of the bucket, one of the other crabs would grab it by its leg and pull it down..

Funny that a lot of the people talking against Dr. Yunus are economics professors at Bangladeshi universities. They say Dr. Yunus' model is not worth the Nobel Prize. Don't they realize Dr. Yunus has positively contributed to their own image (Bangladeshi economists) in front of the international community?

Bengalis are infamous for jealousy, envy and greed. You guys keep proving it!

You are right this is a case of the crab-bucket syndrome. Dr. Yunus is the biggest crab and wants to stay in the bucket but still pulls down the other poor smaller crabs by giving them microcredit charging them 30% interest and making himself fatter. That sickens me. That he is no better than anyone else is proved by these new allegations. Just because he is a Nobel Prize winner should not put him above criticism. Isn't that what democracy and the rule of law is about? That the AL should complain about Yunus is hypocritical because they are doing exactly the same thing by misusing other people's money.

In the south-eastern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh micro-loans have been blamed for a series of suicides among struggling farmers.

It is estimated some 250 organisations in the state have handed out loans totalling more than £1.65bn (£883m), only a small proportion of which have been paid back.

BBC News - Bangladesh Grameen founder Yunus in aid probe
How does your Andhara Pradesh short story prove anything that leads to corruption by Dr. Yunus, although I am not really saying here that he did not bend some rules while using GB funds in GK.

Back
Top Bottom