What's new

Bangladesh orders graft probe into Nobel laureate Yunus

So, please say what development are you talking about here. I can see BD overseas borrowing will shortly reach $130 billion. Its domestic borrowing has already reached $78 billion. The overseas repayment will be in between $4 to $5 billion per year after 2026.

This year, it is already $2.5 billion and people are crying without electricity. No money to buy oil/ gas. However, domestic borrowing will not have that much of adverse effects.

Borrow and build is no prescription for development. If you think it is the correct method, please cite the name of just one single country that has developed this method.

Just one country, please!!!

Just one country you say? while living in Japan. A country that has $4.6trillion external debt.

Just one country you say? while living in Japan. A country that has $4.6trillion external debt.
No, it is the opposite. America owes $1.2 trillion to Japan. Check the Internet sources.

"Creditor Name: Japan. Amount of U.S. Debt Owned: $1.2 trillion".

But, Japan has its domestic debts and Japan does not ask foreigners to come and bid for projects. I don't think you are right about how and when Japan developed. Japan started its economic/ technological development journey in the 1860s with the efforts of its own population.

With tremendous technological progress at hand, it fought two world wars, the WWl and WWll. Before these two wars, it fought the Russian Baltic Fleet in the East China Sea in 1904 and defeated Russia. Before that, it had occupied Taiwan and Korea and it went to invade China in 1894.

During the WWll, it fought against China, against France in Vietnam and Laos, against the USA in the Philippines, against Holland in Indonesia, and against England in Malay, Singapore, Burma, and eastern India simultaneously.

Before engaging in the WWll, it had already produced the best fighter jets of those days. It had 26 aircraft carriers (Today, after 80 years, both China and India have only two each), It produced 22 submarines before the war.

I will not increase the data. Now, tell me can a country produce all these products without first achieving technological progress? Japan was a developed but middle-class country before WWll. Now, it has become a highly developed and rich country. It took more than 150 years to reach this level.

And, you guys think BD will be a highly developed country only in 2041. Very stupid assertion!!

On the contrary, BD has achieved ZERO technological progress. We cannot build any technology products. The bridges and roads in BD must be built by its own people.

Otherwise, these are only a few fakes that cannot be sustained for many years.

I am surprised to see that you have cited Japan as a country that depended upon others when this country is the first Asian country to develop and it is with its own money and efforts.

Now, please come up with other countries that developed by taking loans from IMF, WB or China. Could it be all those countries in the Latin America or is it Pakistan and SL?

Last edited:
in our societies , we idolize someone and then defend him blindly.
But look at the example of boris Becker, he is in jail for tax avoidance. Law is applied irrespective of your image or standing.
Contrast this with the political rivalries in our societies.
Whether modi vs Congress supporters in India or Imran vs others in Pakistan.
Discussion is not on merit or actions but on loyalties.
US is also like us now , even worse maybe with their conspiracy culture.

in our societies , we idolize someone and then defend him blindly.
But look at the example of boris Becker, he is in jail for tax avoidance. Law is applied irrespective of your image or standing.
Contrast this with the political rivalries in our societies.
Whether modi vs Congress supporters in India or Imran vs others in Pakistan.
Discussion is not on merit or actions but on loyalties.
US is also like us now , even worse maybe with their conspiracy culture.
Do not make mistakes. Hasina Bibi fears whoever is against her and the BAL party. No wonder, she wants a moratorium on Dr. Yunus by charging for graft case against Yunus.

Do not make mistakes. Hasina Bibi fears whoever is against her and the BAL party. No wonder, she wants a moratorium on Dr. Yunus by charging for graft case against Yunus.
you just proved my point.

No, it is the opposite. America owes $1.2 trillion to Japan. Check the Internet sources.

But, Japan has its domestic debts and Japan does not ask foreigners to come and bid for projects. I don't think you are right about how and when Japan developed. Japan started its economic/ technological development journey in the 1860s with the efforts of its own population.

With tremendous technological progress at hand, it fought two world wars, the WWl and WWll. Before these two wars, it fought the Russian Baltic Fleet in the East China Sea in 1904 and defeated Russia. Before that, it had occupied Taiwan and Korea and it went to invade China in 1894.

During the WWll, it fought against China, against France in Vietnam and Laos, against the USA in the Philippines, against Holland in Indonesia, and against England in Malay, Singapore, Burma, and eastern India simultaneously.

Before engaging in the WWll, it had already produced the best fighter jets of those days. It had 26 aircraft carriers (Today, after 80 years, both China and India have only two each), It produced 22 submarines before the war.

I will not increase the data. Now, tell me can a country produce all these products without first achieving technological progress? Japan was a developed but middle-class country before WWll. Now, it has become a highly developed and rich country. It took more than 150 years to reach this level.

And, you guys think BD will be a highly developed country only in 2041. Very stupid assertion!!

On the contrary, BD has achieved ZERO technological progress. We cannot build any technology products. The bridges and roads in BD must be built by its own people.

I am surprised to see that you have cited Japan as a country that depended upon others when this country is the first Asian country to develop and it is with its own money and efforts.

Now, please come up with other countries that developed by taking loans from IMF, WB or China. Could it be all those countries in the Latin America or is it Pakistan and SL?

You're wrong, in fact Japan has $12trillion total debt and $4.6t of this is external.

You asked for a single country that is borrowing to build and develop - I gave you it. Why else is Japan borrowing so much - for development or for fun?

It doesn't matter about the history or the reasoning because you don't care about the reasoning in BD. You blindly saw only the debt.

I came to this thread to find @Bilal9. Ask him how the Bangladesh tunnel is now? Because I see that the Mumbai tunnel has been completed by 50%.

Then I saw you. Like talking about history?

We all know that Japan had many aircraft carriers in WW II. But Japan set a real world record: 3 Japanese aircraft carriers were sunk in 5 minutes. just 5 minutes......

Don't compare Japanese iron cans with modern aircraft carriers. OK? Don't put the small aircraft carrier assembled by India in the same position as the Chinese aircraft carrier. OK? Japanese and Indian aircraft carriers are only equivalent to China's 075 LDH. China has three such ships.

If we talk about history. The Zhenghe fleet of the Ming Dynasty was truly the "world's strongest navy". How many years is Japan behind?

OK. I'm not here to talk about history. Now tell me. How is the Bangladesh tunnel?

I came to this thread to find @Bilal9. Ask him how the Bangladesh tunnel is now? Because I see that the Mumbai tunnel has been completed by 50%.

Then I saw you. Like talking about history?

We all know that Japan had many aircraft carriers in WW II. But Japan set a real world record: 3 Japanese aircraft carriers were sunk in 5 minutes. just 5 minutes......

Don't compare Japanese iron cans with modern aircraft carriers. OK? Don't put the small aircraft carrier assembled by India in the same position as the Chinese aircraft carrier. OK? Japanese and Indian aircraft carriers are only equivalent to China's 075 LDH. China has three such ships.

If we talk about history. The Zhenghe fleet of the Ming Dynasty was truly the "world's strongest navy". How many years is Japan behind?

OK. I'm not here to talk about history. Now tell me. How is the Bangladesh tunnel?
Look Mister I was answering another poster's opinion and I stick to what I said to him earlier about Imperial Japan. But, here you are spewing poison not against Japan but against my knowledge of history. Please refrain from doing this.

I am not in a mood to answer your one-sided ignorance. But, whatever way you try, you cannot just revise the history of Japan after 1860 till now.

So, do not please write absurd things here. If you do so, I am here not to run away. I will answer your ignorance with answers that will humiliate China and its people.

Note one point I am busy now watching great historical dramas from China. So, please do not take away my peace of mind by forcing me to answer your falsehood.

Watching now "The Battle of Changsha" for the 3rd time. What a beautiful plot and setting. How good was the Chinese family relationship before? But, I don't know about present Chinese society. I do not like actors acting in mini skirts and suits.

Last edited:
Look Mister I was answering another poster's opinion and I stick to what I said to him earlier. But, here you are spewing poison not against Japan but against my knowledge of history. Please refrain from this.

I am not in a mood to answer your one-sided ignorance. But, whatever way you Chinese try, you cannot just revise the history of Japan after 1860 till now.

So, do not please write absurd things here. If you do so, I am here not to run away. I will answer your ignorance with answers that will humiliate China and its people.

Note one point I am busy now watching great historical dramas from China. So, please do not take away my peace of mind by forcing me to answer your falsehood.

Watching now "The Battle of Changsha" for the 3rd time. What a beautiful plot and setting. How good was the Chinese family relationship before? But, I don't know about present Chinese society. I do not like actors acting in mini skirts and suits.
or. Now let China and Japan go to war again? Let you relearn history. let the world know. Who is the king of Asia 2000 year. OK?

You live in Japan. Must be very obsessed with the romance of the Three Kingdoms. I know that the Japanese make many games and cartoons of the romance of the Three Kingdoms. I'm very happy. After 2000 year. the Japanese still miss the Great Han Dynasty.

Cry!!! Cry loudly!! I know you understand this!!! Like real East Asians!

I have seen both "Three Kingdoms" and "Secrets of the Three Kingdoms". I feel very sorry for the Han Emperor who was deposed by the son of Cao Cao and became a feudal Lord.

His descendants were killed by probably the Zhou people. It pained me. Chinese history is full of many ups and downs, and violence. However, it is the same in other countries, as well.

Last edited:

Completion ETA is December 2022 (expected). I have to say that technology utilization and speed of implementation was spectacular. But of course we will find out after inauguration about the functioning.

The approach roads on both sides are still being finished.

Japanese technology is also good but their tunnel borer and implementation cost would have cost many times more.

I do not diss technology from either China or Japan. China has made phenomenal progress in the civil engineering field, globally probably the best by now. And also, much lower in cost than comparable Japanese projects.

I thank the CCP and China Communications Construction Company, for completing the Karnaphuli tunnel on time.

One correction is that they should stop calling it the only river tunnel in South Asia, Kolkata built one under the Hooghly river already for metro use. But Karnaphuli tunnel is still the longest one.

1659285635944.png

Last edited:
Completion ETA is December 2022 (expected). I have to say that technology utilization and speed of implementation was spectacular. But of course we will find out after inauguration about the functioning.

The approach roads on both sides are still being finished.

Japanese technology is also good but their tunnel borer and implementation cost would have cost many times more.

I do not diss anyone's technology however.

One correction is that they should stop calling it the only river tunnel in South Asia, Kolkata built one under the Hooghly river already for metro use. But Karnaphuli tunnel is still the longest one.
thank you. please come here.

You're wrong, in fact Japan has $12trillion total debt and $4.6t of this is external.

You asked for a single country that is borrowing to build and develop - I gave you it. Why else is Japan borrowing so much - for development or for fun?

It doesn't matter about the history or the reasoning because you don't care about the reasoning in BD. You blindly saw only the debt.

Both you and @Destranator have English comprehension problems. The reality is just the opposite of what you are claiming. I am surprised at @Destrnator giving a like to your post. He was implying that he has a doctorate in Economics in some other thread. I wonder how it is possible!!

Note that it is not Japan that owes money to other countries. Rather, it is the other countries that owe Japan a few trillion dollars of money, especially the USA. Read and understand the text that I have printed from the link you have provided. You have to first understand the meaning of "Japan External Debt".
  • Japan External Debt reached 4,607.8 USD bn in Mar 2022, compared with 4,600.3 USD bn in the previous quarter.
  • Japan External Debt: USD mn data is updated quarterly, available from Mar 2003 to Mar 2022.
  • The data reached an all-time high of 4,844.1 USD bn in Dec 2020 and a record low of 1,223.9 USD bn in Mar 2003.

CEIC converts quarterly External Debt into USD. The Bank of Japan provides External Debt in local currency based on BPM6. The Federal Reserve Board period end market exchange rate is used for currency conversions. External Debt prior to Q1 2014 is based on BPM5.

By the way, do you know that BD owes Japan more than $9,000 million that somehow Japan agreed to forgive?

Both you and @Destranator have English comprehension problems. The reality is just the opposite of what you are claiming. I am surprised at @Destrnator giving a like to your post. He was implying that he has a doctorate in Economics in some other thread. I wonder how it is possible!!

Note that it is not Japan that owes money to other countries. Rather, it is the other countries that owe Japan a few trillion dollars of money, especially the USA. Read and understand the text that I have printed from the link you have provided. You have to first understand the meaning of "Japan External Debt".
  • Japan External Debt reached 4,607.8 USD bn in Mar 2022, compared with 4,600.3 USD bn in the previous quarter.
  • Japan External Debt: USD mn data is updated quarterly, available from Mar 2003 to Mar 2022.
  • The data reached an all-time high of 4,844.1 USD bn in Dec 2020 and a record low of 1,223.9 USD bn in Mar 2003.

CEIC converts quarterly External Debt into USD. The Bank of Japan provides External Debt in local currency based on BPM6. The Federal Reserve Board period end market exchange rate is used for currency conversions. External Debt prior to Q1 2014 is based on BPM5.

By the way, do you know that BD owes Japan more than $9,000 million that somehow Japan agreed to forgive?

Why are you going in circles? The text is perfectly clear - external debt is money Japan owes to creditors. Read this:

I understand that Japans economy is strong enough that it feels it can handle it. And actually I think Japan will be fine too - but you are happy for Japan to play the debt game but for BD it's haram?

Why are you going in circles? The text is perfectly clear - external debt is money Japan owes to creditors. Read this:

I understand that Japans economy is strong enough that it feels it can handle it. And actually I think Japan will be fine too - but you are happy for Japan to play the debt game but for BD it's haram?
Idiot BAL crony, study hard to understand English. It is you who is going circle without any knowledge of international affairs.

Which idiot told you that Japan EVER borrowed money from others? It did not borrow even 1 dollar from any country including the USA.

Rather, Japan lends money to the USA. China also does the same. Bloody Madrasah stupid, learn many subjects before you start debating on subjects that you have no knowledge of.

And, do not waste my time. I don't get paid by the BAL party to counter your incessant nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom