What's new

YouTube blocked in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, the whole thing is ridiculous, and this small troll video has gone way too political. The thing is that the troll creator of this video got way more response than he ever should have. Instead of doing the right thing (ignoring the video) the PK gov't is just blasting it back into the spotlight again. Bad decision IMO, if the leaders just said "this guy is an idiot, ignore what he says" I think the issue would have blown over by now.

problem is, if somebody hurts your feelings, you might ignore it but if the same person start slapping on your face, you cannot ignore forever. YouTube putting the video on front page is not OK to most of us. They could allow the video on youtube but putting on front page and sticking it for days is insult to me.

You guys should open a HalalYoutube like millatfacebook.

i have never been on yt but seen alot . ik their are many but point is exceptions are their where small things create violence if one can stop the killing of innocent ppl by just removing a video on yt wats wrong in it ?

Because this is not just about one video, tomorrow someone else might make a video on Jesus or Krishna & post it on YT so would you tell YT to ban it? either we have free speech or nothing there is no inbetween.

lol dude have you been on YT? there is more shocking videos I seen with things like people burning the Quran or smashing Hindu statues what about the religious sentiments before this movie was made?
it was a wrong step by those who released this video.look what they did!! muslims died in protests,american ambassedor ,american soldiers lost their lives..america already has much hate among muslims.

it was a wrong step by those who released this video.look what they did!! muslims died in protests,american ambassedor ,american soldiers lost their lives..america already has much hate among muslims.

Buddy I have seen similar videos on YT even before this one was made so why did nobody speak out before? why now?

Because this is not just about one video, tomorrow someone else might make video on Jesus or Krishna & post it on YT so would you tell YT to ban it? either we have free speech or nothing there is no inbetween.
i dont think the world lives in white or the black side ,its the (inbetween) grey area which creates a balance, many societies are not so tolerant to accept everything.

as you said their are videos about jesus, krishna too but the impact is different thus creates an exception. i think youtube should self-regulate these things if not questions will be raised.

Last night I talked to a Major on this topic for about an hour.

I had not watched that video, neither wished to. My mood while talking to him was quite normal. After some points which I talked to him about, he asked me to watch the video and then see if my reaction is the same or not. And I agreed.
  • Let the hate-mongers do their job, protests by Muslims will not stop them and rather entertain them.
  • The purpose of this video was to spark violence in Muslim world, which would just make their cause in the movie stronger (showing Muslims as violence-lovers).
  • What's the point of protesting in your streets, burning civilian property and damage to public and civilian finance? This is not effecting the video-makers in any way.
  • If you want to lodge a protest, make it well-organized and in a way that effects the video-makers. (All OIC must boycott United States by blocking imports for a week and by banning YouTube etc. You get the picture)

After mentioning these points, he asked me to watch the video which was far beyond what I expected. Some of the points he gave were:
  • The protests are not to target video-makers, rather out government to take actions.
  • First it were jokes, then comics followed by cartoon. Now it's in form of movie. They know that we (Muslims) are not effected by it anymore and they're cool with it. This must not happen.

And now my final opinion is same as what I said initially, but with more points. YouTube deletes any videos that are violations of copyrights, but is refusing to delete this video (One guesses why). Another point to be noted, the release date of this video was 9/11.

If you want to protest, then protest in a way that effects the video-makers or United States, so that they could take action against the video-makers. Random violence in street just gives their objectives a boast and causes damage to innocent man's property.

This is interesting read from Nouman Ali Khan:

“Our Prophet's (P.B.U.H) honor came from the sky. No one on earth can take it away.
We shouldn't be mad at haters. We should feel sorry for them. They can't harm us. They can't harm Allah's deen. Just themselves."

I suggest Pak Govt also ban FB as there is obscene material on there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom