What's new

YouTube blocked in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it won't but it still proves a point and if youtube does not care for that audience than they will not relent and both parties can go on their merry way no?

No parties will not go their own way....you think Pak is going to ban YT forever now that they have confirmed that they would not be deleting that clip ?

hahaha when it suits Pakistan then everything is fine and when GOI blocks a link from PDF, they cry a river..Height of Hypocrisy, isn't it ??

Please explain to me how Pakistan blocking YouTube will put YouTube in dire financial straits?

there is a difference between dire financian straits and financial losses, the points i raised earlier always mentioned about financial losses. Blocking YouTube will incur them losses (and do i have to explain how)?

The video was uploaded in July.

Here, let me prove it to you.

Muhammad_Movie_Trailer_You_Tube_Mozilla_Firef.png

As you can clearly see, it was uploaded on July 2. The Salafi Clerics in Egypt just used September 11 as a date to create this firestorm.

And thus this is not an organic rage but a carefully choreographed manufactured controversy for political gain.

The only people who used September 11 were the militants in Libya, while the guy who made the film himself claimed he had the video trailer dubbed into Arabic at a later date than the release of the trailer itself.

What do you mean here? An alternative to youtube?

google search engine , youtube , facebook , google store are very powerfull entities which alter the perception of the general public & this monopoly has to end

Is there any arab millionaire with some foresight & resolve to take this initiative -- heck even try to get chinese market on board aswell

youku, megavideo etc etc... which are not apparently working..

I am pretty sure megavideo got taken down because of frequent copy right claims, although I am not sure if that was only for the US or worldwide.

you are obsessed with sectarian hate as is evident from your past record. My argument is simple, those who deliberately hurt the feelings of Muslims we have a right to lodge our peaceful protest in any way possible. Blocking YouTube was one of them...

What do you mean obsessed with Sectarian Hate?

I am just pointing out the facts. Sorry to burst your bubble but in the Middle East today, people are not singing kumbaya and celebrating differences.

Iraq just went through a bloody sunni vs shia civil war, Syria is undergoing one, Christians and minorities are being harassed in Egypt, Libya is divided between tribal lines, Lebanon is a powderkeg waiting to explode, Sunni rulers crushed the shia in bahrain, etc.

As for blocking YouTube. Pakistan has every right to do that and should do it. The fact of the matter is Pakistanis can be easily stirred to a panic induced mob which will unleash hate, violence, bigotry, riots, and deaths.

So to prevent all that if Pakistanis don't get to enjoy YouTube, then so be it.

Pakistanis are not mature enough not to click on something which they find offensive and the Government of Pakistan must act like a Parent keeping such things such things out of reach.

hahaha when it suits Pakistan then everything is fine and when GOI blocks a link from PDF, they cry a river..Height of Hypocrisy, isn't it ??

It is India's right to block any site they deem inappropriate. I don't remember I ever shed a tear when I heard them blocking two-four links of PDF

No parties will not go their own way....you think Pak is going to ban YT forever now that they have confirmed that they would not be deleting that clip ?

No probably not most likely they will come to some halfway agreement or zardari will be given some incentive and he will relent. Or maybe it stayed blocked until elections and then new GOP unblocks it but it can be any of these options or non of these.

I thought Pakistan was a sham democracy and India was the shining example of the world though?!? :undecided:

making a video against Muslim/Jews is one thing and involving the prophet of God is another. Imagine a video about Prophet Moses is made and published on the front page of Youtube. The video is so such that it shows exactly the opposite of Prophet Moses... for example showing him cruel, rapist or something like that. May God forgive me for writing such things about a great Prophet.

No Muslim would ever dare to create such videos against Moses (PBUH) but imagine if such video was made and published on the Youtube. You won't even peacefully protest against it?

No, I wouldn't. I'm too busy being productive to worry about it, like I was saying before. The only reason this turned into a big deal was because people made it a big deal. Look at the result of what happened by people making a big deal.

Pros

People know Muslims do not like negative portrayals of their religions

Cons

People think Muslims are violent

People were killed/injured/arrested

Drone strikes as a result of what happened

Negative image of Arab countries in the media

etc.

Had this all just been ignored, none of this would have happened. Though as I've said before on this forum, I really don't believe the root cause for the protests was the video.

What do you mean obsessed with Sectarian Hate?

I am just pointing out the facts. Sorry to burst your bubble but in the Middle East today, people are not singing kumbaya and celebrating differences.

Iraq just went through a bloody sunni vs shia civil war, Syria is undergoing one, Christians and minorities are being harassed in Egypt, Libya is divided between tribal lines, Lebanon is a powderkeg waiting to explode, Sunni rulers crushed the shia in bahrain, etc.

As for blocking YouTube. Pakistan has every right to do that and should do it. The fact of the matter is Pakistanis can be easily stirred to a panic induced mob which will unleash hate, violence, bigotry, riots, and deaths.

So to prevent all that if Pakistanis don't get to enjoy YouTube, then so be it.

Pakistanis are not mature enough not to click on something which they find offensive and the Government of Pakistan must act like a Parent keeping such things such things out of reach.
see you started sectarian debate once again. I have followed your posts very closely and that is why i gave my opinion based upon your past record.

I agree about the last paragraph of your post but the matter is not so simple. YouTube was requested to take the links down by the Government of Pakistan, they did not respect the government. Now appropriate measures were supposed to be taken and we did it in Pakistani version of seeking revenge :D

The only people who used September 11 were the militants in Libya, while the guy who made the film himself claimed he had the video trailer dubbed into Arabic at a later date than the release of the trailer itself.

Blame the maker of the movie instead of turning this into a war against the West, Christians and Jews.

As for September 11, it was only on September 11 that the Salafis called for protests.

A clearly choreographed and manufactured controversy designed to serve political interests.

There was a video on YT which still is there btw showing a Muslim girl breaking a Hindu God statue so should Hindus block YT? :D or start mass riots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom