What's new

YouTube blocked in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a video on YT which still is there btw showing a Muslim girl breaking a Hindu God statue so should Hindus block YT? :D or start mass riots

You are free to lodge a protest against it. i will support you

No, I wouldn't. I'm too busy being productive to worry about it, like I was saying before. The only reason this turned into a big deal was because people made it a big deal. Look at the result of what happened by people making a big deal.

Pros

People know Muslims do not like negative portrayals of their religions

Cons

People think Muslims are violent

People were killed/injured/arrested

Drone strikes as a result of what happened

Negative image of Arab countries in the media

etc.

Had this all just been ignored, none of this would have happened. Though as I've said before on this forum, I really don't believe the root cause for the protests was the video.

Agree the reactions were way overblown, and I also agree that the video was not the root cause for protests. Frustrations for lack of progress along with pent up anger from the "Arab spring" were the driving force IMO.

see you started sectarian debate once again. I have followed your posts very closely and that is why i gave my opinion based upon your past record.

I agree about the last paragraph of your post but the matter is not so simple. YouTube was requested to take the links down by the Government of Pakistan, they did not respect the government. Now appropriate measures were supposed to be taken and we did it in Pakistani version of seeking revenge :D

Thank you for following my posts very closely. I feel flattered. :D

I am just pointing out the reality of the situation that exists in the Middle East and Muslim World.

As for YouTube, Youtube is owned by Google and thus shouldn't the Government of Pakistan ban Google as well?

I just want to know how far up the ladder you want this ban to be carried out?

I would have much rather preferred that the particular video be blocked but access to YouTube remain unblocked.

You are free to lodge a protest against it. i will support you

Zakii the thing is this issue will not go away with blocking of this one video what if tomorrow someone else makes another one? we would be going around in circles perhaps YT/FB should ban everything which incites religious hatred period.

Blame the maker of the movie instead of turning this into a war against the West, Christians and Jews.

As for September 11, it was only on September 11 that the Salafis called for protests.

A clearly choreographed and manufactured controversy designed to serve political interests.

Not all those protestors are Salafis and it is on record that the Muslim Brotherhood itself organized some of the protests albeit they did not intend for it to get violent. In the case of Libya the protest was peaceful until militants strapped up in every weapon they could carry crashed the party. Plus 10 Libyans also died trying to protect the consulate which people tend to forget because they do not report that in the big media sites.

Not all those protestors are Salafis and it is on record that the Muslim Brotherhood itself organized some of the protests albeit they did not intend for it to get violent. In the case of Libya the protest was peaceful until militants strapped up in every weapon they could carry crashed the party. Plus 10 Libyans also died trying to protect the consulate which people tend to forget because they do not report that in the big media sites.

Muslim Brotherhood only started calling for protests when they realized they were being undermined in their Islamic Street Cred by the Salafis. So on September 11, the Salafis called for protests on September 11 and then foolishly Muslim Brotherhood joined this call for protests as well.

As for Libyans, that was a pre-planned attack planned by Al Qaeda, they used the cover of the protests to get near the consulate to fire RPG at the consulate which started a fire and 4 Americans died of Smoke Inhalation.

YouTube blocked in BD today.

Very stupid..

Keep them blocked until they take off the video. if they don't do it for a full year... keep them blocked for the full year...

Simple as that :P

Removing from the home page and pledging not do so again is minimum leniency.
Google has already announced that wherever the local law says the video is illegal, it will be blocked.For example, the block was applied in India, Libya and Egypt. Pakistani PM is just playing for his people.

Google has already announced that wherever the local law says the video is illegal, it will be blocked.For example, the block was applied in India, Libya and Egypt. Pakistani PM is just playing for his people.

What has been reported or fed to us is that the Government of Pakistan had sent a letter to Youtube requesting to take down the video. They refused to take down or block the video in Pakistan and consequently YouTube is blocked in Pakistan until further notice.

Good Move by Pakistan ..

Youtube Should Remove these blasphemous Videos from tube.

This is not case of thousands but 2 billions Muslims suffer with this.

It says in the Holy Qur'an to ignore/turn away to any negative mentionings relating to Islam.

Actually Pakistan should technically ban google, not youtube. :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom