What's new

YouTube blocked in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video was uploaded in July.

Here, let me prove it to you.

As you can clearly see, it was uploaded on July 2. The Salafi Clerics in Egypt just used September 11 as a date to create this firestorm.

And thus this is not an organic rage but a carefully choreographed manufactured controversy for political gain.

Is the date your concern? We didn't know about this in July so we lodging our protest when we learned about it.

Blocking Internet would do fine in my opinion.

No, we are not as stupid as your this opinion is. just youtube would do fine job for us. We are not concerned about the Internet, one company is publishing and promoting something that the majority of Pakistanis are hurt about it. They requested to take it down, they did not, we can just protest by taking their site down simple as that. Case closed

Is the date your concern? We didn't know about this in July so we lodging our protest when we learned about it.

It was uploaded on YouTube in July and no one knew about it. It was languishing in obscurity.

Its only when a Salafi Cleric decided to go to YouTube and God only knows what he typed in the Search Box of YouTube to find this video.

And then opportunistically used September 11 as a date to create a firestorm over this video.

This is nothing more than a carefully orchestrated drama done by the Salafis to sideline the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and force them to start implementing an Salafi Version of Islam.

It was uploaded on YouTube in July and no one knew about it. It was languishing in obscurity.

Its only when a Salafi Cleric decided to go to YouTube and God only knows what he typed in the Search Box of YouTube to find this video.

And then opportunistically used September 11 as a date to create a firestorm over this video.

This is nothing more than a carefully orchestrated drama done by the Salafis to sideline the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and force them to start implementing an Salafi Version of Islam.

My point exactly the media spotlight made this infamous otherwise it would be another video on YT like the other 1000+

you are obsessed with sectarian hate as is evident from your past record. My argument is simple, those who deliberately hurt the feelings of Muslims we have a right to lodge our peaceful protest in any way possible. The GoP requested to take down the link but they did not honor the request so blocking YouTube is one way to lodge our protest...

No, we are not as stupid as your this opinion is. just youtube would do fine job for us. We are not concerned about the Internet, one company is publishing and promoting something that the majority of Pakistanis are hurt about it. They requested to take it down, they did not, we can just protest by taking their site down simple as that. Case closed

Your thinking that Pakistan blocking YT with its 10 million odd internet population would bring YT (google) to its knees is equally foolish.

Please explain to me how Pakistan blocking YouTube will put YouTube in dire financial straits?

Since it won't then I guess you and youtube have nothing to be worried about right?

Why block the whole Youtube? The link to blasphemous videos can be blocked individaully, like they do here in KSA

Your thinking that Pakistan blocking YT with its 10 million odd internet population would bring YT (google) to its knees is equally foolish.

That's your wrong opinion once again. I did not say that or was nowhere in my mind

Maybe it won't but it still proves a point and if youtube does not care for that audience than they will not relent and both parties can go on their merry way no?

until & unless we develop an alternative broadcasting/social channel we will remain at the mercy of such incidents forever -- banning a site in pakistan which is informative aswell is not the answer -- an alternate system shouldve been set up 2 years back

What do you mean here? An alternative to youtube?

The video was uploaded in July.

Here, let me prove it to you.

Muhammad_Movie_Trailer_You_Tube_Mozilla_Firef.png

As you can clearly see, it was uploaded on July 2. The Salafi Clerics in Egypt just used September 11 as a date to create this firestorm.

And thus this is not an organic rage but a carefully choreographed manufactured controversy for political gain.

What is Hateful Content?

Hateful Content is videos, comments or channel information which contain "Hate Speech". "Hate speech" refers to content that promotes hatred against members of a protected group. Protected groups include, but are not limited to, race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity.

Sometimes there is a fine line between what is and what is not considered hate speech. For instance, it is generally okay to criticize a nation, but not okay to make insulting generalizations about people of a particular nationality. Source Hateful Content - YouTube Help

This snap shot says it has 57027 dislikes and 14719 likes. So, majority dislikes it but still its available on youtube isn't it preplanned and supported by youtube admins? It must have been flagged as hateful content by thousands of users/members.

a tweet to think over:-

Agr kisi ki Maa Behn ki ghalat video YouTube pe ajaye tou kese tarrap rahe honge Block kerwanay k liay. Abhi kya sarokaar! Allah maaf kray.

Users are disliking it since July but of no avail what does it prove?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom