What's new

Your move, chief!

i was thinking on a theoretical basis. our democracies in India and Pakistan are a complete sham anyway. I mean certain people in Pakistan will vote for a donkey cos its a Bhutto donkey...

This is exactly the case.

Some foolish people fail to comprehend that why one family should be ruling over us. They fail to understand that Bhutto is no more, and the PPP has deviated from Bhutto's path.

Zardari said that Aseefa will come, Nawaz said that Kulsoom Nawaz and Hamza Shahbaz are coming, now why the hell should we be ruled by this democratic monarchy???

Kiyani is an indecisive and incapable man and should be relieved of his position. He is doing nothing against this government which is an enemy to the country itself.

Zardari can be compared to the Emperor Nero, when he burned down Rome and watched it from a hill while laughing like a madman. Somebody needs to step up.

Oh dude cmon please dont give the card of SHAHADAT to these zardari n co . U know how well they play this card .

Gen Kiyani is doing great, he know well that the image of PA was stained in the eyes of Nation due to mushy.

Let not give them the SHAHADAT TITLE other wise they will use it and our illiterate masses will bring these scums again in parliament and they will suck the remaining blood from the economy and will leave dry.

Next elections PPP will lose seats in Punjab and will become a Sindi local party. Second Army wanted to cut the wings of the Government, not to remove them so target achieved , Zardari has lost standing in international level and he was so cold during the speech , US will put the memo in trash and the ambassador to US will give visa after ISI clearance. So who won?

i was thinking on a theoretical basis. our democracies in India and Pakistan are a complete sham anyway. I mean certain people in Pakistan will vote for a donkey cos its a Bhutto donkey, in India people do the same if its a Ghandi donkey. but we digress back on topic good move by army to confirm that they have no intention of launching a coup. It would be funny if there wasn't so much at stake. PPP want a coup so they can become martyrs and be forgiven their sins lol

Not certain people .. but majority of voters will do same .. I had seen cash distribution with liquor before election night to those poor .. who are still getting screwed by same elected representative .. but again for them one chicken and one bottle is more important for night then voting for good ppl so they see bright future for them and their children ..
Finally we still believe in those centuries old system where .. one have to stand with his biradari no matter what ...

in actuality the military had no other play. It could only give mean looks to the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), with the PPP government staring them down hard in return.

As expected, the judiciary preemptively refused to sanction any coup that may take place. Historically the Supreme Court has rubber stamped all military coups, but this time around it was in no mood to validate any such move by the army.

The best move General Kayani is left with is to give Zardari enough rope to hang himself. The military should keep about their wits. They have the option to bring out as much dirt as they can on these failed leaders over the next year. The judiciary is playing ball and embarrassing the government every chance they get. These failures may translate into an electoral defeat for the PPP come election time.

The democratically-elected government would have been parroting its favourite line: “The Army is not under its control.”

So the powers that be may be tempted to hurry up with a PTI win before the echoes of typical turncoats based party becomes synonymous with the PTI, mellowing down Imran Khan’s Tsunami. But the military should look at the trade-off of going for the kill now over how much power the PTI can really wield if it broke to the scene right now.

This COAS has been the most favorable to democratic norms and values in Pakistan’s history. General Kayani must realize the importance of a democratically elected government handing over the reins to another democratically elected government after completing its term.

Moreover the economy is in shambles and there is a slim chance any new government would be able to turn our financial woes around. It would just simply share the blame that would have otherwise fallen on the PPP. The mess in Pakistan is bound to last out at least for another year, the power crisis, the floods and the outbreak of dengue fever are all due for another round coupled with the foreign policy blunders PPP is bound to make.

The Pakistani people and its electorate are living under a farce of a democratical governance. When the Army is the all in all, Why live under this farcical scenario - just to prove the world that you are a democratically ruled state - whats the point? Why don't accept that the army is the ultimate and accept the army regime and put the election drama to rest. The army can take over whenever it wants - but it seems you are continuing with the drama just to please your people and others, By the articles's statements even Imran Khan is a stooge of the army. Please guys live with the truth, your destiny is with the PA and nobody else, why waste your time and everybody's time in putting forward a lame government when the government has no say - the Indian government is alarmed because they were actually engaging Gilani in CBM's when the fact is he does not yield any power.

Not certain people .. but majority of voters will do same .. I had seen cash distribution with liquor before election night to those poor .. who are still getting screwed by same elected representative .. but again for them one chicken and one bottle is more important for night then voting for good ppl so they see bright future for them and their children ..
Finally we still believe in those centuries old system where .. one have to stand with his biradari no matter what ...

I agree with you instead of knocking each other we should be attacking our political leaders who have no real mandate other than west approving of flawed systems that are simply not working in our countries

The army should stay out of it let the democracy roll up let it gain a good pace and things will work out ofcourse with a better political party and leaders

I have a question how can the president turn down the order of the SC ?

The army should stay out of it let the democracy roll up let it gain a good pace and things will work out ofcourse with a better political party and leaders

Army interfered when the nation security was at risk , risk removed and they are out

What democracy?, It would be better if the people recognize that the PA is the only way forward.

For you Indians that are taking this as an opportunity to bash Pakistan under the guise of an imperfect democracy I would say the following. democracy in its current form has shortcomings in every country that I can are to think of:

1.India In post 19 an Indian forum member is agreeing with me that the Indian system like the Pakistani system is a sham.

2. The ruling party in the UK received less than 20% of the votes. 80% of the people entitled to vote voted against or didnt vote for the current government. The result of this was that polls showed the public here in the UK were against an invasion of Iraq. but that was carried out in our name.

3. United States. We have a system where to get elected you need large amounts of money. AIPAC the Jewish lobby has undue influence on the foreign policy that it can be argued that American foreign policy is dictated from Tel Aviv. American political hopefuls live in fear of upsetting a small group of organised Jews. Zionists with their shareholdings control large segment of American press that it acts a propaganda arm for Zionists and brain washes the average American voter. One American forum member admitted to me privately by pm that he felt that this was the case.

4 You name the country and I will go and do the research and show you shortcomings.

Anyway we can discuss this on another thread back to topic PPP will stoop to any level to retain power. This idiot of a leader Zardari will as he sees power slipping away use the Sind card

The Indian Army has never interfered in the country's governance, I am replying totally based on the article posted where it clearly looks like democracy is a sham in Pakistan. I am only saying is you are burdened with inept rulers in democracy why don't accept the fact that the PA is the ultimate and why bother of electing a democratic party when there is no use.

Back
Top Bottom