What's new

Your favourite Russian leader in history

Your favourite Russian leader through history

• Vladimir I ( Great prince of Kiev) (Christianization of Russians)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yaroslav I ( Great prince of Kiev) (Made Kievan Rus one of most advanced countries in Europe)

• Dmitri Donskoy ( Battle of Kulikovo, when he destroyed three times bigger Tatar forces)

• Total voters

DejanSRB

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Give me your opinions.

Feel free to debate.
Would you kick someone from this list or add some another leader.

I chose Stalin, because neither before him nor after him Russia never was so powerful. Stalin reminds me of Octavian Augustus. Iosif Vissarionovich said about himself: "I took the country with wooden plow, and left it with atomic bomb."

I chose Stalin, because neither before him nor after him Russia never was so powerful. Stalin reminds me of Octavian Augustus. Iosif Vissarionovich said about himself: "I took the country with wooden plow, and left it with atomic bomb."
... and 20 million dead (on top of the estimated 20 million Soviet troops and civilians who perished in the Second World War).
http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-people-did-joseph-stalin-kill-1111789
http://necrometrics.com/20c5m.htm#Stalin

(just kidding)

Our professor of modern history on my university once told us
" Before Stalin, in times of Peter and Catherine the Great or in Napoleon times. Russia was great power, but only one of many, along Great Britain, France, Prussia. But during Stalin era, Russia was more powerful then all other European powers combined. That was the first time in European history since Roman Empire, that one great European country was more powerful then all others combined. Even Napoleon, Hitler or any British queen or Russian tsar never achieved that."

Last edited:
... and 20 million dead (on top of the estimated 20 million Soviet troops and civilians who perished in the Second World War).
http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-people-did-joseph-stalin-kill-1111789
http://necrometrics.com/20c5m.htm#Stalin

(just kidding)
He was a son of a Georgian shoemaker, but became the ruler of the Kremlin. He ruled half of this world.
8900020[1].jpg

Give me your opinions.

Feel free to debate.
Would you kick someone from this list or add some another leader.
Ivan IV, the first Tsar of Russia, called "the Terrible" in the West; transformed Russia into a multiethnic, multiconfessional, and transcontinental state

He was a son of a Georgian shoemaker, but became the ruler of the Kremlin. He ruled half of this world.
You think I don't know who Stalin is?

What would be your second choice after Stalin?
Probably Vladimir the Great. It was he who determined the civilizational path by choosing the Orthodox faith. Russia would be a completely different country if in the 10th century, the Grand Prince of Kiev chose Catholicism or even Islam.

Ivan Vesilyevich.
Probably the founder of modern Russia as a strong empire.

Ivan IV, the first Tsar of Russia, called "the Terrible" in the West; transformed Russia into a multiethnic, multiconfessional, and transcontinental state
Frankly, I was always amazed that the title "the Formidable" or "the Fearsome" was translated as "the Terrible" in the West.

Probably Vladimir the Great. It was he who determined the civilizational path by choosing the Orthodox faith. Russia would be a completely different country if in the 10th century, the Grand Prince of Kiev chose Catholicism or even Islam.

No love for Imperial period? :D

Yes, but Octavian was born with a golden spoon while Stalin started from the bottom
But my vote goes with Putin, when you take a failed state, and make it great again, while you are being watched carefully... That is the challenge
While Stalin had the benefit of the world looking down at Russia, or USSR as it became, Putin had the world looking and putting road blocks. His only mistake till now is his inability to divide the EU, otherwise he has made Russia strong again. His ability to control, challenge, and reform is very impressive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom