What's new

Your favorite English songs

A couple for the fatman if he makes it this way. Think he'll dig em'.:agree:

Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton teaming up again for some really nice intricate back n' forth on "Can't Find My Way Home", a really neat hippie ballad with some great singing by Winwood-

Followed by some more loud old stuff w/ the Black Crowes and Jimmy Page doing a KNOCK-OUT cover of "What Is And What Should Never Be" from Led Zeppelin II. Better than Zep IMHO-

Just to remind the F.M. that you're never too old to rock n' roll...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man - that was awesome! gotta get the CDs!

Look for Crowes & Page at the Greek Theatre in L.A. It's on a C.D.

Clapton/Winwood stuff is from a DVD called CROSSROADS 2007. BIIIIIG mind-blowing guitar extravaganza that Clapton runs annually to benefit a Rehab clinic. 2007 show was huge with tons of extrordinary performances from Jeff Beck, Clapton's Band, Derek Trucks, John Mayer (surprised- didn't know he was such a good axe-man). Great DVD.

Thing is, for me, the Winwood/Clapton reunion. Huge. Clapton was always meant to play w/ another musician who could challenge and discipline his own playing. Only Winwood and Duane Allman (Layla) could do that. If you watched that stuff, you'd note a tall blond kid with a pony tail. That's Derek Trucks. Nephew of the long-time Allman Bros. drummer, Butch Trucks and bandmember himself at this point because he's the ONLY guy out there remotely capable of playing like Allman.

He's really, really a good player-especially slide. Wasn't featured here as it was all about Winwood and Clapton.

Anyway...musin' 'bout the music back in the day, man.:cool:

I never really understood the greatness of Hendrix until this final 2:49 of Woodstock. This is how the entire concert finished...an incredibly soulful, somewhat "quiet" muse and then...poof!

Fini.

The playing from 00:10 onward is almost delicate even as he controls the feedback and literally guides the band through the unfamiliar chord changes-

Oh, and also from WOODSTOCK, the best live performance I've ever viewed on screen- SANTANA doing Soul Sacrifice. This thing SMOKES and the drummer, Michael Shrieve, was only nineteen.

Enjoy-

I don't play the hits.:cool:

^^^^

That is seriously high does of flower child stuff, S-2.

Lenny:

Brace yourselves. It's hard for me to pin what you're about to see. There are 26 pages of youtube comments to this video, and while the first 2:10 is good YOU will do the following-

1.) Go immediately to 2:10

2.) Sit back and observe the absolute savage, unbridled and free association splendor that is the drumming of Keith Moon of The Who.

I was stunned by the power of this sonic assault from the 2:10 mark on. This is take-no-prisoners rock at it's highest and, yet, most primal...

There's no photographic trickery. The music is in time with the video and the video isn't skipping or sped. Moon is playing that hard, fast, and free. I've never seen better.

Enjoy-

Musical artillery.

My favrt song is "I step off train"
I dnt knw abt its singer name. I dnt have in my PC. I listen it on radio coz a RJ of FM in our area plays it in his programs

she is PAKISTANI.....amazing voice MESMERIZING!!!

when i was young, i had a friend, manocher was his name (big-time banker now). he loved Engelbert Humperdinck and i liked Frank Sinatra (even then). his fav was "Please release me" and mine was "Strangers in the Night"

Oh i have soo many to mention, spanning genres and centuries... :D

But one of my alltime Favourites has to be Mr.Armstrong's "Kiss to Build a Dream On":

Simply excellent... :D

Favorite ??? Millions....just two of them below..

Back
Top Bottom