What's new

Your favorite English songs

Saw Journey back up Montrose in a theatre in 77' literally just after Steve Perry had joined the band. Hated em'. Too, too slick.

Still, "Don't Stop Believing" was an INCREDIBLE rock song that was a perfect vehicle for Perry's amazing voice. Very haunting intro that sets the stage and a really neat back-beat worked by the drummer with the bassist's help.

Thanks.

Suga Free - Inside Out

dj tiesto empty streets

Collie Buddz ft. Paul Wall - What a feeling

Jedi Mind Tricks - Heavy Artillery

Killarmy - Allah Sees Everything

Last edited by a moderator:
What attracted me to this song is the title of the song which tells someting and ofcourse its nice music.

i like
1)Right Here Waiting For You
2)till I Find You Again

both by Richard Marx

Last edited:

originally sung by roger miller - but janis joplin gave a new dimension to this song.

-------------------------

the yard birds. Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page all in one with Jim McCarty on drums

Believe it or not, one of the first records I owned was "For Your Love" by the Yardbirds. Bought it at the Frankfurt/Ramstein P.X. in 1965 or early 1966 as a kid.

Middle part was my first exposure to "heavy" rock. Great band, Paul Samwell-Smith, Keith Relf, Eric Clapton and then Jeff Beck by himself and with and Jimmy Page together. Finally Page alone before they dissolved.

They all got their start with the Yardbirds. Good call but this was the "too commercial" song that drove the bluesy Clapton to John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and away from the Yardbirds forever.

Believe it or not, one of the first records I owned was "For Your Love" by the Yardbirds. Bought it at the Frankfurt/Ramstein P.X. in 1965 or early 1966 as a kid.

Middle part was my first exposure to "heavy" rock. Great band, Paul Samwell-Smith, Keith Relf, Eric Clapton and then Jeff Beck by himself and with and Jimmy Page together. Finally Page alone before they dissolved.

They all got their start with the Yardbirds. Good call but this was the "too commercial" song that drove the bluesy Clapton to John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and away from the Yardbirds forever.

s-2 , you got a great taste in music, I my self got record of the yard birds, Got it from my dad -

Mt Father had a rock band of himself - so got his possession of records and guitars.

grew up listening to rock and playing rock music. ( mostly of his era).

as for john mayall and bluebreakers - they were totally kick arse.
this one is my fav.

:cheers:

Now you're getting into a totally different guitar factory. Mayall had three brilliant guitar players from 1966 through 1968- Clapton, Peter Green (who went on to form Fleetwood Mac with fellow Mayall alumni Mick Fleetwood and John McVie), and Mick Taylor who replaced Brian Jones in the Stones in 1969.

All awesome musicians. Mayall is a superb player in his own right, btw.

Mayall then formed an all-acoustic band around two guys Jon Mark and Johnny Almond. Mark was a great finger-picking acoustic jazz player and Almond a superb windwood instrumentalist.

Here's So Hard To Share from Mayall's superb live show at the Fillmore East in 1970 recorded on the album TURNING POINT- a "must have" in my book. It really showcases Almond on sax while showing a great groove, scat vocals by Mayall about two-thirds of the way through, and the power of an acoustic band without a drummer-

I made some vids on youtube. Check it out in HD on the youtube site.

Back
Top Bottom