What's new

Your advice for Pakistan's post war reconstruction?

1- Fence the damn border and seal it off completely so no one will roam freely around the border.
2- Make FATA a province, bring it into mainstream.
3- Create schools, collages, hospitals, police stations, roads etc to give those people basic facilities

These are the three top most things govt should do after operation is over.

Internal terrorism and suicide bombing are already declined last few years and infrastructures development inside Pakistan is increased.

Let's pray our country would be back on the right track where we used to love old Pakistan and peaceful way. :pakistan:

Forgive me Air chief Marshal,Perhaps greater trade with a neighbors can help Pakistan specially more trade with a certain Neighbor which is located in the east of Pakistan,We both have the same culture some Pakistani Products are doing really great in India & some Indian Products are doing great in Pakistan,Perhaps we should promote trade btw the 2 nations so that we don't end up importing the same items indirectly from Dubai.
Due to the immense ideological differences between our two nations, the PA will never allow Pakistan to open up its trade and investment to India. The PA cannot bear to see any economic advantage accruing to India by opening up trade with it.

As long as the PA holds the reins of foreign policy in Pakistan, as it has been doing since its inception, nothing will change.

Forgive me Air chief Marshal,Perhaps greater trade with a neighbors can help Pakistan specially more trade with a certain Neighbor which is located in the east of Pakistan,We both have the same culture some Pakistani Products are doing really great in India & some Indian Products are doing great in Pakistan,Perhaps we should promote trade btw the 2 nations so that we don't end up importing the same items indirectly from Dubai.
Agree but without creating a balance of trade In favour of any country between the two.

The war will not completely wind up... it will continue... the intensity will be much lower...

As you know that Pakistan is about to exit a 14 year long war, as the western invasion forces recede from Afghanistan, the security climate is going to improve greatly.

Looking at other nations that entered a post war economic boom like Germany and Japan, what lessons could Pakistan learn to replicate a similar growth model, in order to make up for the lost growth due to America's war and natural calamities i.e 2005 earthquake and 2009 mass flooding plus the IDP crisis?

Please discuss.

Both Germany and Japan entered the post war economic boom because USA provided the economic support needed to do that. Who is going to provide the billions upon billions of dollars for Pakistan to achieve the same development? I suppose the lesson to be learnt is to pursue better policies that make for international donors and friends who can provide the necessary economic support.

Both Germany and Japan entered the post war economic boom because USA provided the economic support needed to do that. Who is going to provide the billions upon billions of dollars for Pakistan to achieve the same development? I suppose the lesson to be learnt is to pursue better policies that make for international donors and friends who can provide the necessary economic support.

China has over $4 trillion in currency reserves, more than the rest of the world combined.

If Pakistan provides a good investment environment, then investment will come. Not just from us, but from everyone.

China has over $4 trillion in currency reserves, more than the rest of the world combined.

If Pakistan provides a good investment environment, then investment will come. Not just from us, but from everyone.

In fact, 35-40 billion worth of project financing being discussed with China.

CD you understand that currency reserves are not liquid :)

That is a mighty unlikely "IF" you ask for, my dear Sir. Mighty iffy.

Chinese investors, like any other investors, will be looking for the maximum return at minimum risk, and they have the whole world to choose from. I am sure a few projects will come to Pakistan, but it will take a whole lot more to create the sort of economic boon the OP mentioned to take it to the level of Germany and Japan.

As you know that Pakistan is about to exit a 14 year long war, as the western invasion forces recede from Afghanistan, the security climate is going to improve greatly.

Looking at other nations that entered a post war economic boom like Germany and Japan, what lessons could Pakistan learn to replicate a similar growth model, in order to make up for the lost growth due to America's war and natural calamities i.e 2005 earthquake and 2009 mass flooding plus the IDP crisis?

Please discuss.
The most important is propper education for the population, the rest will come by itself if you have a educated popuation.

Back
Top Bottom