What's new

Young Doctors Demand Rights In Punjab

Current situation is very bad

Being a Son of a Government doctor i dont know how to react to this situation. Today my father said there was no work in operation theatre. No surgeon on duty. Even senior doctors have joined the strike.

Elmo they are just playing with lives of people. the house job doctors are already paid which in my view should not be paid at all as its their training period.

above all just yesterday 13000 raise has been made in salary of house job (trainee) doctors and free health services/treatment for their families (one wonders as if they had not been availing it already).

anyway time to stop their blackmailing for its poor public that is dying due to this not doctors neither govt functionaries.

and oh btw if a PG can earn more on private hospitals then these trainees should never join Govt Hospitals.

we have seen how they work at Govt hospitals. All day they are busy in sexual relations, busy on phones and loot the medicines, equipment meant for patients

jana you are obviously not aware of anything. It's only in punjab that they get that much money, even in karachi they won't be paid near the same amount! What do you know abt a PG earning in a private hospital... the largest private hospital in karachi doesn't even above 25,000 rupees to many of its final year residents (that's 18 plus 5 plus 4 years of education and countless hours spent serving humanity)

health insurance is not available to any trainee doctor or post-graduate resident. stop making claims that you have no basis for. i have seen people who cannot even get their parents admitted. they pay as much in a consultation fee as any normal citizen.

They are not black-mailing, you are being highly irresponsible here. The governemnt can easily get rid of fancy cars and other stuff for politicians and divert funds for them.

That last sentence there is stupid and not even worthy of a reply.

miss jana.................trainee assists the surgeon during surgery and almost 80% work done in hospitals is by trainees and MOs
and we know our responsibilities better than you
and during housejob we work in hospitals for 12 to 14hrs we get pay for work ................ what about those doctors who work and then they dont get pay ? tell me who work without pay in any department except doctor.? is that justice?

:what: rights? protest ? sure you have the right but playing with lives of patients is not at all justified.

as far as standing for surgery for 4 to 5 hours wow when was the last a TRAINEE has to perform surgery ???

Above all when you chose the profession you have to accept the responsibilities be it standing 4 hours or whatever.

When you are coming for house job (training period) YOU know the rules you agree to them then what is this blackmailing ??

and why govt should bow to unjust demands of Trainees? arent you already getting stipends for nothing rather you are being trained by govt by paying you.

Dear,... they are demanding for a change in rules.

getting stipends for nothing? What!!!

Honey, you need a major reality check.

miss jana.................trainee assists the surgeon during surgery and almost 80% work done in hospitals is by trainees and MOs
and we know our responsibilities better than you
and during housejob we work in hospitals for 12 to 14hrs we get pay for work ................ what about those doctors who work and then they dont get pay ? tell me who work without pay in any department except doctor.? is that justice?

I agree

Juniors do most of the work. If you are junior doctor even some time nurses misbehave with you.

Jana do you know about the new membership Sharif family is doing with youth of Punjab?
Perhaps called 'tigers of sharif' and all of them are promised a 150^2 yard built house.
My driver became member of it and when i asked him what is expected in return than he told me he will have to showup in rallies.

Now my driver has education of only upto 5 grade but if he eventually will get bigger reward for only serving in rallies rather than a doctor.

I advise my doctors to be careful from organisation named 'tigers of sharif'

Current situation is very bad

Being a Son of a Government doctor i dont know how to react to this situation. Today my father said there was no work in operation theatre. No surgeon on duty. Even senior doctors have joined the strike.

Its been for the last three days.

17 people died on a single day earlier over 9 died in a single day.

trainees assists the seniors surgeons during surgery...........and 80% work in hospitals done by trainees and MOs.....
we get paid during housejob because we work for 12 to 16 hrs day and night
what about those doctor who dont get paid they r working without pay............
what department in pak in which people work and not get paid EXCEPT DOCTORS

The govt could've easily sent them to a private hospital and borne the charges.

No the senior doctors were on duty but when they were informed of increase in pay of junior doctors only they joined juniors too

jana we know our patients suffer we dont want them to suffer we work free of cost during earthquakes and floods but GOVT did not left any other choice for us......................we are not doing this for fun we are human beings we have families to whom we have to feed

when someone died in hospital even without any fault of a doctor the relative of that deceased grab our shirt collar and they abuse us we even dont have any security in hospitals

jana we know our patients suffer we dont want them to suffer we work free of cost during earthquakes and floods but GOVT did not left any other choice for us......................we are not doing this for fun we are human beings we have families to whom we have to feed

You don't need to give any explanations to anyone.

The amount of hard work that is put into studying the five year course, the amount of hours put into house-job and residency... don't expect the average person to understand.

They can never ever fathom the effort put into becoming a quality doc.

People liek these who demand that doctors be bred like rabbits deserve the substandard maal churned out by fake universities.

Jana do you know about the new membership Sharif family is doing with youth of Punjab?
Perhaps called 'tigers of sharif' and all of them are promised a 150^2 yard built house.
My driver became member of it and when i asked him what is expected in return than he told me he will have to showup in rallies.

Now my driver has education of only upto 5 grade but if he eventually will get bigger reward for only serving in rallies rather than a doctor.

I advise my doctors to be careful from organisation named 'tigers of sharif'

The question here not terming sharif company as saints. there issue here is of doctors' wrong way of protest which is resulting in death of poor people

JANA....................if u dont want to accept the reality no one can force you

Back
Top Bottom