What's new

You will always be ‘home’, Pakistan

Actually, I would love to live in Lahore - permanently. Forever. And be buried there. Honestly.

yeh cuz Isl Karachi n Pindi cant afford to have Organ Parotitis in their ppl n city:tongue:

ur nick reminds me of dis desease name Organ Parotitis i studied:tongue:

Yes, there are lots of examples like that. My point was that the experiences shape how we remember them, and the addition of even one adverse event, or its lack, colors our memories leading to bias, such as the one in the OP. That is all.

A coin always has two sides.

yes ofcourse. choice is always an individual's matter.

But I do wonder what the thoughts of the writer would be had she had her purse and mobile stolen at gunpoint? Would she still be so homesick?

Interestingly my mom was actually present during an altercation where a man tried to rob my aunt at gunpoint. My aunt actually slapped the gun away from her face while yelling at the guy and then my mom ran over and pushed the guy back followed by my other cousin who started yelling for her husband and the other guys in the house to come out and since I believe this occurred in an army cant the guy got scared and ran off with nothing. There is one mother major incident, even more serious, that occurred as well.

However, with all that said my mom and dad both want to go back (none of my family in Pakistan wants to leave the country) and tbh I do to.

I went back recently on a trip during the hottest time of the year and even with the security situation, though I experienced no problems whatsoever, the feeling of returning to Pakistan was indescribable but if I had to try I would say it just felt so right. In my opinion It is like having a lot of baggage just lifted off your shoulders and I immediately felt this sense of calm that I don't experience in Canada.

I was actually born and raised in Canada but I have been seriously thinking about moving to Pakistan for a little while now.

Yea i rather live in Pakistan. Im just savin up my cash here.

Same Here.

I know a lot of guys and girls that are already starting to go back to their ancestral countries (ex. Lebanon, Philippines, Hong Kong, etc...) or planning for it (i.e. they are saving up money to start business and build a home before they move back).

Karachi & Pindi are - :bad:

Islamabad - That ain't a proper city its a graveyard called the City of the Dead ! :omghaha:

Lahore - Is heaven on Earth ! :smitten:

Oyee, Islamabad is my home other than Karachi.

It is not city of dead, rather a PEACEFUL CITY known for its TRANQUILITY AND SERENITY, Mr. PARTY ANIMAL.:D

And what about Peshawar? :what:

Aur sunna butsy, how you doing yara? Ramazan mubarak! :D

P.S do fast, fatso... :P

Peshawar is a beautiful city; the only problem is that it has too many Pukhtoons in it ! :P

Beat that ! :bunny:

Nahhh....its a nice city, reminded me of Lahore at times, Pindi at other times & than when I visiting Hayatbad, it reminded me of Islamabad ! :)

But I swear it no one cook Mutton the way they do in Namak Mandi....I'd trade away the world to have one of them restaurants from Namak Mandi open their branch in Lahore - Imagine the business they'd have ! :smitten:

Waisee Khair Mubarak but don't tell me you're gonna fast too ? :what:

Back
Top Bottom