What's new

you still want musharaff back?

She was not deprived of just. The men involved were punished! Heck, the government gave her shelter, financial support and other NGOs also provided relief.

Only after when it became a hot topic all over the world!

Whatever he did or said was in the supreme interest of Pakistan.

His tireless and selfish devotion to Pakistan is by far his greatest strength.

EDIT: This is the man who fought vigorously for women rights in the parliament, military and other sectors.

Last edited:
Whatever he did or said was in the supreme interest of Pakistan.

His tireless and selfish devotion to Pakistan is by far his greatest strength.

yes, every wrong that he did was infact in the best interest of the country..isnt it?

I think you are talking about some other pakistan...rite?:pakistan:

yes, every wrong that he did was infact in the best interest of the country..isnt it?

I think you are talking about some other pakistan...rite?:pakistan:

Have you forgotten the Hudood ordinance saga?

Who fought for women rights then? NS, B or Imran?

And yet you claim he is disrespectful to women.

we are talking about a President of the country, not about any tom, dick or harry....had this been done in any western country..he would have been sacked before he takes next flight home.

I think he still continues to be best option for Pakistan. Remember Mr. Zardari and Sarah Palin?

I think Zardari has brought more disgrace to Pakistani men than Mushrraf (as you say) to Pakistani women! :lol:

Joke's apart, I seriously think that this is a forgivable mistake. It is not possible that he meant his words.

Have you forgotten the Hudood ordinance saga?

Who fought for women rights then? NS, B or Imran?

And yet you claim he is disrespectful to women.

well I dont know about hudood ordinance....I mean its details so cant comment....

If its good, i appreciate it...but still my point stands valid.

I think he still continues to be best option for Pakistan. Remember Mr. Zardari and Sarah Palin?

I think Zardari has brought more disgrace to Pakistani men than Mushrraf (as you say) to Pakistani women! :lol:

Joke's apart, I seriously think that this is a forgivable mistake. It is not possible that he meant his words.

:disagree::disagree:

Trust me we have alot of other options, but the problem is that our democratic system is not so matured so that the most deserving gets the place....and belive me now that he is not an army general...it would be literally impossible for him to get elected as pakistan's premier on his own...unless he join PML or PP which is very unlikely.

I have nothing wrong with it making national news but the way she portrayed Pakistan in the west and spoke of Pakistan in a manner which is unacceptable. Not all women in Pakistan are treated in that manner as she claimed in her interview.

Not all women are treated that way,,, there is no way in Hell any women shoudl be treated that way,,,, no women should ever be harmed for any reason unless is through the courts and the law, and the fact that things like this happens, plus honor killings, burying young girls alive and then to have it defended in our goverment senate,,,,just shows we have something basically wrong with out society. Cant we just face the SAD truth some times.....:hitwall:

Mr. Lowe.

I completely agree with most of the post but we are talking about Gen. Musharraf's tenure not incumbent Zardari. He worked tirelessly for women rights and confronted those jageerdars or landlord.

^^^or you are telling me that she asked the men to rape her so that she could go to canada?

Raheel,

Like many other leaders, Musharraf also misspoke. I do not think that is his mentality nor has that sort of talk been the norm from him. He actually directed the concerned authorities to arrest the culprit and had Shaukat Aziz run point on the investigation that led to the arrest of the rapists.

The lady deserved justice and Musharraf's words actually did quite a lot to damage his reputation, but knowing the background he comes from, he is not the type to condone excesses against women at any level.

Raheel,

Like many other leaders, Musharraf also misspoke. I do not think that is his mentality nor has that sort of talk been the norm from him. He actually directed the concerned authorities to arrest the culprit and had Shaukat Aziz run point on the investigation that led to the arrest of the rapists.

The lady deserved justice and Musharraf's words actually did quite a lot to damage his reputation, but knowing the background he comes from, he is not the type to condone excesses against women at any level.

point taken sir. :)

This is a completely ridiculous allegation on Musharraf. His women's protection bill, is still largely targeted by many popular leaders of today.

This is a completely ridiculous allegation on Musharraf. His women's protection bill, is still largely targeted by many popular leaders of today.

with all due respect sir, its not an allegation....he said those very words....whether he meant it or not is another debate :)

You can do better then this raheel.
If there's someone who improved the situation for women in Pakistan or women rights in Pakistan, it sure as hell was Musharraf.
This indeed is a ridiculous claim as Asim mentioned.

^^^ and we are not discussing here about her, we are talking about musharaff...who meant that it has become a trend in pakistani women to get themselves raped and ask for canadian nationality....

Bas***d

Musharraf is the hero of the nation.

I requst the mods to ban this Raheel for using abusive words and attempting degrading this forum.

Back
Top Bottom