What's new

You know you grew up in Pakistan in the 90's when

Ah ! I can't forget those golden days?
Just two channels i.e NTM and PTV including Ptv2
Dramas like Ainak wala jin, Sunehrey din, Dhuaan.
Any one remember Guest house?
Cartoons like Thunder cats, Silver hawks, Bionic 6, Johnny Quest, Captain planet, tom and jerry, Scooby do be doo, pink panther cartoons.
My first ever barbie doll.
Listening to Junaid Jamshed, Ali Haider, Backstreet boys, West life etc.
And off course playing games like Chuppan chupai, dark room, baraf pani, pakran pakrai.
TV shows i.e X-Files, PSI factor were great.
And most important of all so much peace and happiness. :pakistan:

ANYONE REMEMBERS THE PTV CLASSIC TV MUSIC? WHICH USED TO PLAY BETWEEN THE SHOWS AND BEFORE NEWS!! CHECK THIS OUT >>>
1995/1996 era

Yaadish Bakher Theme Music

Ptv Nite Time Transmission Music

Ptv Music 1999/2000

Last edited by a moderator:
n that 92 world cup song..i still chant it although i just knew imran khan n miandad...n the treat after we won...:cheers:

The Flags Are Up
Who's Gonna Be No.1
Who's Gonna Take Up The Cup
Who Will Be
Who'll Be King
It's Once In A Lifetime Chance
Who Rule The World
Gotta See Who Rule The World

Last edited by a moderator:
and there were some youth based shows on STN got popularity among all the age groups like VJ(video junction), MCC, kollege jeans. we really miss them! nowadays channels are growing as parasites. none of them(all pakistani national TV channels-so called) are making anything good! they've neglected the youth and Children and are showing god awful things on TV!

creativity is completely missing. :(

Two channels but sufficient for us! they did really good job! even PTV had done major work on youth based programs. how can we forget Dhuwaan serial? the best ever made by PTV. and now everything's been messed up!

Heck, i wish the government would freaking pass 19th amendment to bring old PTV BACK! WE DONT WANT GOD DAMN 100 channels showing nothing BUT **** and 3rd Class banana news. They can stick these 100 channels up their arses.

In ol days, tv used to reflect the actual outlook of the society. The emotions and stories were real, there were no fake billionaires and wanabe rich guys in dramas, there was no fake glamour

Exactly. As the saying goes, if you want to see a peaceful, growing, prospering, flourishing, problem free Pakistan, watch PTV..............:rofl:

what?kabadi and kushti?
btw staapu is also called pithoo...

staapoo is different pithoo is deifferent I used to play staapo in summer afternoon with my sis when my mom used to sleep.... Good days those were...:frown:

n that 92 world cup song..i still chant it although i just knew imran khan n miandad...n the treat after we won...:cheers:

The Flags Are Up
Who's Gonna Be No.1
Who's Gonna Take Up The Cup
Who Will Be
Who'll Be King
It's Once In A Lifetime Chance
Who Rule The World
Gotta See Who Rule The World

YouTube - Pakistan Worldcup Winning Song 1992

I tried this song after the worldcup but never sang it right...:D

hi
a lot of good stuff happened during 90's, man i miss that decade, i was in 3rd standard when i attended my first concert it was of Najam Sheraz at that time he was part of this band called Wet Metals if i am not wrong, i use to watch Ninja Turtles followed by Batman series on Star TV, i wonder what happened to that channel? during summers Swimming was my life, i was fond of action figures which my dad always hated

LOL how can i forget them
archies-sugar.jpg

Ishtiaq Ahmeds Mahmood, farooq, Farzana were also amazing
i used to get Taleemo Tarbiat delivered to my house monthly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom