What's new

Yom Kippur War 1973: The Egyptian Revenge

I have seen this documentary it's informative one, in my opinion the biggest Israeli failure mainly due to there reliance on tanks Alon without the support of the infantry.
yes but from what i heared from men who were there in 73 the isreal infantry cant do like the egyptian if you know the airbone company who attacked in the chineese farm battle they were the best elite infantry in isreal and look at what happend to them
they tryed to take out the AT teams and got pinned by our infantry and to save them the isreals payed a high price
can the isreal infantry stand up to thousands of tanks in open desert and destroy them ?
anyway here is a docmuntry made by the isreals translited to arabic
لواء مظلى مدعوم بثلاث كتائب مدرعات ... فى مقابل كتيبه مشاه ميكانيكى . ارييل شارون فى مقابل المشير طنطاوى

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen this documentary it's informative one, in my opinion the biggest Israeli failure mainly due to there reliance on tanks Alon without the support of the infantry.
This doumentary is a joke.

yes but from what i heared from men who were there in 73 the isreal infantry cant do like the egyptian if you know the airbone company who attacked in the chineese farm battle they were the best elite infantry in isreal and look at what happend to them
They were regular infantry. And Chinese farm battle was won by Israel.

they tryed to take out the AT teams and got pinned by our infantry and to save them the isreals payed a high price
can the isreal infantry stand up to thousands of tanks in open desert and destroy them ?
On 8 Oct when Israel launched its major counter attack Egypt had on East bank 5 reinforced divisions 100,000 men + 1020 tanks all that supported by 2000 artlllery pieces. Israel attacked this enermous force with one Adan division (less than 300 tanks).

This doumentary is a joke.

They were regular infantry. And Chinese farm battle was won by Israel.

On 8 Oct when Israel launched its major counter attack Egypt had on East bank 5 reinforced divisions 100,000 men + 1020 tanks all that supported by 2000 artlllery pieces. Israel attacked this enermous force with one Adan division (less than 300 tanks).
So, what was the outcome of that 300 offensive??? that courageous of the Israelis tell me a lot of the Arabs traitors trust me I have big respect for them as a solders but courageous has limitations no doubt, remember the Japanese the Germans they fought with great of courageous but they finally failed with the enormous fire of the allies.

Document 54: Memcon between Meir and Kissinger, 22 October 1973, 1:35 - 2:15 p.m.

Source: RG 59, SN 70-73, POL 7 US/Kissinger

Although Ambassador Keating had no notice about Kissinger's plans, the secretary of state arrived in Tel Aviv for consultations with Meir and her advisers. The jovial mood in Moscow was forgotten; as Israeli diplomat Ephraim Evron later remarked, "We were suffering. Henry noticed this right away." "It did not take him long to sense that the country did not want to go through this experience again." (Note 54) Nevertheless, there was a feeling of resentment about the U.S.-Soviet "dictate" and Kissinger found himself justifying Resolution 338's references to 242, which plainly displeased Meir. He argued that, given previous U.S. efforts on behalf of 242 in negotiations with the Soviets, it had to be mentioned but that it did no harm to the Israeli position because the language about "just and lasting peace" and "secure and recognized borders" "mean nothing" until they are negotiated. Essentially the talks were hand-holding sessions; Kissinger tried to assuage Meir's concerns about U.S. strategy, prisoners-of-war, the Egyptians, the continued U.S. airlift, and Syrian Jews. In his recent book, Crisis, Kissinger claims that he used the meetings with Meir to "establish the cease-fire" but the conversations show a far more ambiguous situation. Again, Kissinger gave the Israelis leeway in interpreting the cease-fire so they could gear-up military operations before it went into effect. He advised Meir that if Israeli forces moved "during the night while I'm flying" there would be "no violent protests from Washington." Once the Israelis violated the cease-fire, however, Kissinger would regret emboldening them, while Brezhnev became deeply suspicious that there had been a secret deal in Tel Aviv. (Note 55) On the airlift, Kissinger assured Meir that "I have given orders that it is to continue" and promised more Phantom jets and a military aid request totaling $2.2 billion. He also filled her in on some of the side conversations with the Soviets, who had been "very nasty about the Arabs." On the fundamental issues, Kissinger used brutal language that he might have thought would satisfy his hosts: U.S. strategy was to "keep the Arabs down and the Russians down." Those goals had been achieved: "you have won, and I believe we have won." Whatever the Arabs thought of Israel and the United States, Kissinger claimed, "objective reality" forced them "to talk to us." Only Washington could help them reach a settlement.

Document 47: Situation Room Message from Peter Rodman to Kissinger, TOHAK 20, 20 October 1973, transmitting memorandum from Scowcroft to Kissinger

Source: NPMP, HAKO, box 39, HAK Trip - Moscow, Tel Aviv, London - October 20-23, 1973 TOHAK 1-60

After meeting with Brezhnev, Kissinger was shocked to receive a message from Scowcroft based on Nixon's dictation. Believing a "permanent Middle East settlement" to be a critically important goal, Nixon wanted a U.S.-Soviet agreement reached on "general terms" which would make it easier for both superpowers "to get out clients in line." Probably suspecting that Kissinger was too partial to Israeli interests, Nixon wanted his adviser to take a tough approach to both sides. As neither the Israelis nor the Arabs would approach "this subject … in a rational manner," Nixon believed that Moscow and Washington had to impose a settlement: to "bring the necessary pressures on our respective friends." Facing continued attack in the Watergate scandal and no doubt seeing great political advantage in a diplomatic success, Nixon wanted Brezhnev to know that if they could reach a settlement "it would be without question one of the brightest stars in which we hope will be a galaxy of peace stemming from the Nixon-Brezhnev relationship." (Note 48)

All in all it was a little spark like it was said before:

11 Arab divisions against at least 70 or 80 Israeli divisions + 2.2billion(at least)in US military aid+ the best US Military technology+Us satellite and SR-71 intelligence on the battle field.
Result = Arab recapture of Sinai peninsula + Arab military victory

11 Arab divisions against at least 70 or 80 Israeli divisions + 2.2billion(at least)in US military aid+ the best US Military technology+Us satellite and SR-71 intelligence on the battle field.

Which arab fanboy page did you get these bullshit figures from?

According to wikipedia , which is way more reliable than any hamas/jihadi page which you visit

Egypt: 650,000[8]–800,000[9] troops, 1,700 tanks (1,020 crossed),[10] 2,400 armored carriers, 1,120 artillery units,[11] 400 combat aircraft, 140 helicopters,[12] 104 Navy vessels, 150 surface to air missile batteries (62 in the front line)[13]
Syria: 150,000[8] troops, 1,200 tanks, 800–900 armored carriers, 600 artillery units,[11][14][15]
Expeditionary Forces*: 100,000 troops,[8] 500–670 tanks,[16][17] 700 armored carriers[16]

VS

Israel
375,000[8]–415,000 troops,
1,700 tanks,[18]
3,000 armored carriers,
945 artillery units,[11]
440 combat aircraft

Casualties have been posted on the same page , but they would be too much for you to handle.
It took 4 arab armies supported by several muslim nations just to stand up to Israel. Says a lot about the quality of arab soldiers.

So, what was the outcome of that 300 offensive???
Naturally the suicidical attack of one Israeli division against strengthened 5 Egyptian was doomed to fail. This battle was biggest Arab victory in that war. Later Israelis became smarter and attacked breech between 2 Egyptian armies and succeeded.

11 Arab divisions against at least 70 or 80 Israeli divisions
What u are smoking there? :cheesy:

South Front:
Egyptians had 10 divisions (18, 2, 16, 21, 23, 7, 19, 4, 6, 3) + independent brigades + 4 brigades from Algeria, Morocco, Libya and Sudan.
Israel had 4 divisions (252, 143, 162, 440) + Namer force (about 2 brigades).

North front:
Syrians had 5 divisions (7, 9, 5, 3, 1) + independent brigades + 2 Iraqi divisioins (3, 5) + 2 Jordanian brigades + 1 Morocco brigade.
Israel had 3 divisions (36, 210, 146).

Arabs had more than 2 times advantage on both fronts.

+ 2.2billion(at least)in US military aid+ the best US Military technology+Us satellite and SR-71 intelligence on the battle field.
USSR aid to Arabs was bigger they also provided satellite images.

http://egyptianchronicles.freewebsitehosting.com/Crossing41.html

No. Result = Israel was 30 km from Damascus and 100 km from Cairo. 3rd Egyptian army encircled.

Just cigarettes dear, I know (you)your army needs a lot of drugs to sustain its artificial "moral", so keep projecting yourself and you'll get slapped every time you try.

100 km from Cairo. 3rd Egyptian army encircled.
why didnt you replay to my post about that i have sayed this more than 3 times
if you cant say anything dont repet yourself

anyway here is a docmuntry made by the isreals translited to arabic
لواء مظلى مدعوم بثلاث كتائب مدرعات ... فى مقابل كتيبه مشاه ميكانيكى . ارييل شارون فى مقابل المشير طنطاوى
What respect in these people that they talk & study there failures to find where there faults lie!!! not like our dictators they always call there defeats as victories and who can say no!!!!?????.

Last edited by a moderator:
What respect in these people that they talk & study there failures to find where there faults lie!!! not like our dictators they always call there defeats as victories and who can say no!!!!?????.
well brother i like that you are not afried to respect your enemis the moment you dont respect your enemy and think that you are supirior to them is the secound before your defeat (that what happend in isreal before 73 war ) i am not ashamed to say this piont i respect in the enemy and that i want peace in egypt i dont want to see my country go to war unless we have to some people say that i am a coward to say this but i know who i am i am egyptian man who is willing to burn the whole world to see even a smiple smile on the faces of my people i dont want my people to suffer
and also my best wishes for iraq and may we see iraq a strong nation again

Which arab fanboy page did you get these bullshit figures from?

According to wikipedia , which is way more reliable than any hamas/jihadi page which you visit

Egypt: 650,000[8]–800,000[9] troops, 1,700 tanks (1,020 crossed),[10] 2,400 armored carriers, 1,120 artillery units,[11] 400 combat aircraft, 140 helicopters,[12] 104 Navy vessels, 150 surface to air missile batteries (62 in the front line)[13]
Syria: 150,000[8] troops, 1,200 tanks, 800–900 armored carriers, 600 artillery units,[11][14][15]
Expeditionary Forces*: 100,000 troops,[8] 500–670 tanks,[16][17] 700 armored carriers[16]

VS

Israel
375,000[8]–415,000 troops,
1,700 tanks,[18]
3,000 armored carriers,
945 artillery units,[11]
440 combat aircraft

Casualties have been posted on the same page , but they would be too much for you to handle.
It took 4 arab armies supported by several muslim nations just to stand up to Israel. Says a lot about the quality of arab soldiers.

I told you the truth it was the little spark.
Those are the whole Egyptian and Syrian armed forces figures in 1973 you found in wikipedia.
Have you ever heard of Israeli mobilisation! the whole population, millions of soldiers.
Have you read my other posts and Egyptian guys posts.
have you heard about general Chazli.

Your opinion is obviously biased and your anti islamic rhetoric will backfire on you, and the day(if India is jewish like you) will face Muslim armies again it will regret its bad thoughts and will be remaindered of it cowardeness once and for all.
Hopefully you'll face some Arabs one day in a combat situation and we would like you to show us your courage which is what you desperately want to have but obviously lack.

But I know This is what and how you are,
http://azadindia.org/social-issues/poverty-in-india.html

you dont know what you are talking about even the isreale didnt say that let my tell you about the quality of our soldiers
before the youm kippor war the infantry role was to clear AT teams and support the armor this has changed when our infantry men faced hundreds of tanks and infantry incliding airbone
it took 4 men (frogmen)to destroy the eliat port and returend missing only one man
our commands were crossing the barliv line capture and kill and destroy every day before the war
do you know anything about kibruit ? a strong point held by commandos for along time and isreals couldnt take it back after air bombardment and tanks
ask the amircans what was their opinion about the quality of egyptian forces in the gulf war

well brother i like that you are not afried to respect your enemis the moment you dont respect your enemy and think that you are supirior to them is the secound before your defeat (that what happend in isreal before 73 war ) i am not ashamed to say this piont i respect in the enemy and that i want peace in egypt i dont want to see my country go to war unless we have to some people say that i am a coward to say this but i know who i am i am egyptian man who is willing to burn the whole world to see even a smiple smile on the faces of my people i dont want my people to suffer
and also my best wishes for iraq and may we see iraq a strong nation again
respecting the other is the way of people with dignity, while those arrogance trust me they get beating real bad at the time they think the other don't deserve to be respected and that what happen to the German when they thought that Russian don't worthy th respect they got beaten to the level where they lost the war due to the Russian not the west, the Israelis after 1967 did under estimate the Arab due to the fast victories they made second to the propaganda they fed on, and these are a bigger mistake a nation can fall on, thanks for your warm feelings toward my country I believe we will be very good if the others leave us alone which is something I doubt it.

why didnt you replay to my post about that i have sayed this more than 3 times
if you cant say anything dont repet yourself
I answered u. See post 182.

Just cigarettes dear, I know (you)your army needs a lot of drugs to sustain its artificial "moral", so keep projecting yourself and you'll get slapped every time you try.
I dont know how u came out with 70-80 divisions then. Anyway I gave u numbers of all divisions. Arabs had more than 2 times advantage. That does not include the surprise factor, when they attacked tiny Israeli forces on the first day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom