What's new

Yom Kippur War 1973: The Egyptian Revenge

@500
Do you consider Alkarama battle a defeat or victory or what? plz be logical.
Israel lost 32 soldiers, Jordan over 80, Palestinians about 200 + over hundred POWs.

Decide urself.

Israel lost 32 soldiers, Jordan over 80, Palestinians about 200 + over hundred POWs.

Decide urself.
- A member of the Israeli Knesset (Shlomo Grosk) we have no doubt about the number of casualties among our soldiers

- The Chief of Staff Haim Bar-Lev, in an interview published in Haaretz newspaper on 31/3/68 "The process of Karama was unique and we did not get used to it. (the people (Israel)), in such as this type of operation. in other words, all the of our operations resulted in decisive victories for our troops, and here our people used to see its military forces victorious of every battle. The battle of Karamah was unique, because of the large number of casualties among our forces, and other phenomena resulting from the battle, such as Jordanian forces seized a number of our tanks and our machinery, and this is why it was surprising that hit the Israeli community about the Battle of Karamah.

- Haim Bar-Lev, the Israeli chief of staff aid: that Israel lost in the latest offensive on the Jordan military vehicles equivalent to three times what it lost in the Six-Day War.

- The member of the Knesset (Shmuel Tamir) requesed to form a parliamentary committee to investigate the results of the campaign on Jordanian territory, because the number of victims is relatively more in the Israeli forces.

- A battle group commander (Aharon Peled) to the Israeli newspaper Davar said: I had seen heavy shelling several times in my life but I have not seen anything like this before, most of my tanks were hit in the battle with the exception of only two.

Israel tanks and vehicles seized by Jordanian army::chilli:

800px-Karama_aftermath_2.jpg

800px-Karama_aftermath_3.jpg

800px-Karama_aftermath_4.jpg

King_Hussein_-_Battle_of_Karameh.jpg

imgid1894.jpg
:azn:

Haim Bar-Lev, the Israeli chief of staff aid: that Israel lost in the latest offensive on the Jordan military vehicles equivalent to three times what it lost in the Six-Day War.
Israel lost 32 men and 4 tanks in Karameh. In Six day war we lost 777 men and 110 tanks.

Israel tanks and vehicles seized by Jordanian army::chilli:

imgid1894.jpg
:azn:
Two tanks from left are Jordanian M47.

Israel lost 32 men and 4 tanks in Karameh. In Six day war we lost 777 men and 110 tanks.

- The member of the Knesset (Shmuel Tamir) requesed to form a parliamentary committee to investigate the results of the campaign on Jordanian territory, because the number of victims is relatively more in the Israeli forces.

- A battle group commander (Aharon Peled) to the Israeli newspaper Davar said: I had seen heavy shelling several times in my life but I have not seen anything like this before, most of my tanks were hit in the battle with the exception of only two.

I proved that we won from your leaders words, I didn't even mentioned anything from Jordanian sources. Wouldn't you admit it?

Israel:
dead: 250-350
wounded: 450
tanks: 47
armored cars: 53
aircraft: 7

Jordan:

dead: 87
wounded: 108
tanks: 13
armored cars: 39
aircraft: 0
Chief of Staff of the armed forces in the Soviet union, Gereshko Marshal said: the battle of Karama has formed a turning point in the history of Arab military.

True, thats why I removed it before your post. I proved that we won from your leaders, I didn't even mentioned anything from Jordanian sources. Wouldn't you admit it?
Karameh supposed to be a fast operation against PLO militia, but turned in to a battle between armies with dosens of killed. Nevertheless objectives of the operation were completed, though at much highter cost than expected.

Israel:

dead: 32
wounded: 70
tanks: 4
armored cars: 4
aircraft: 1

Jordan:

dead: 60
aircraft: 2

PLO:

Dead: 128 dead
Captured: 120

Please, don't tell me that you yourself believe that Israel lost only 4 tanks in the whole battle. This is just ridiculous. If you said 25 I could have digest it but 4!?:blink:

Please, don't tell me that you yourself believe that Israel lost only 4 tanks in the whole battle. This is just ridiculous. If you said 25 I could have digest it but 4!?:blink:
Well since battle was on Jordanian soil lost tanks left in Jordan. Can u show 25 lost tanks? :)

Karameh supposed to be a fast operation against PLO militia, but turned in to a battle between armies with dosens of killed. Nevertheless objectives of the operation were completed, though at much highter cost than expected.

Israel:

dead: 32
wounded: 70
tanks: 4
armored cars: 4
aircraft: 1

Jordan:

dead: 60
aircraft: 2

PLO:

Dead: 128 dead
Captured: 120

Again

- A member of the Israeli Knesset (Shlomo Grosk) we have no doubt about the number of casualties among our soldiers

- The Chief of Staff Haim Bar-Lev, in an interview published in Haaretz newspaper on 31/3/68 "The process of Karama was unique and we did not get used to it. (the people (Israel)), in such as this type of operation. in other words, all the of our operations resulted in decisive victories for our troops, and here our people used to see its military forces victorious of every battle. The battle of Karamah was unique, because of the large number of casualties among our forces, and other phenomena resulting from the battle, such as Jordanian forces seized a number of our tanks and our machinery, and this is why it was surprising that hit the Israeli community about the Battle of Karamah.

- Haim Bar-Lev, the Israeli chief of staff aid: that Israel lost in the latest offensive on the Jordan military vehicles equivalent to three times what it lost in the Six-Day War.

Israeli main goals:

1. Forcing Jordan to accept the settlement and the peace imposed by Israel.

2. Have a foothold on the land east of the Jordan River to occupy the heights of Salt and turn it into a security belt for Israel, just as happened after that in South Lebanon. In the purpose Bargaining it with to achieve its goals and expand its borders.

3. Ensure security and quiet on the cease-fire line with Jordan.

Well since battle was on Jordanian soil lost tanks left in Jordan. Can u show 25 lost tanks? :)
Yes they are in a museum in Hashimite squire in Amman and they are 47 tanks not 25.

Jordan presented most of these losses to public at Hashmite Squire in Amman[14].

Sorry, but your "quotes" are not relable. I showed that.

Jordan presented most of these losses to public at Hashmite Squire in Amman
Can you show me a pic with more than 4 Israeli tanks?

500, as you know (I guess) Jordanian Officials nor people like exaggeration in any way about anything and you know they are realistic and logical unlike radical regimes. And thats why Jordanian losses in Jordanian sources match Israeli sources. Israel has never admitted the real number of its death toll in all of its wars. Jordan admitted its defeats as well as victories.

I haven't gone there and all the pic are old and rare in the Web. But since you brought this up, can you show me the pic of all 250 destroyed Arab jets?
absolutely no :)

From Israeli sources:

- the Jordanians repelled several Israeli assaults.
^ a b Pollack (2002), pp. 332–333

- the Damiya force held Musri, but could not advance south, as the advance was repulsed by the northern brigade of the Jordanian 1st Division.

- The paratroopers suffered heavy losses. ^ a b Dupuy (2002), p. 353

- A small force of Israeli infantry and armor tried to protect the right flank of the forces invading from the south from attacks by the Jordanian forces deployed near the King Abdullah bridge. The Jordanians attacked with some armor, but the Israelis put up resistance, and the battle turned into a stalemate.

- Frustrated in their hopes of entrapping the entire PLO force, the Israelis quickly pulled out, but had to fight their way back to Israeli territory.[15] At 11:00 the Israelis began to withdraw, with Sikorsky H-34 helicopters evacuating the troops. Because orders came down to recover as many vehicles as possible, they only completed their withdrawal by 20:40.

^ a b c d "Foray into Jordan". Time. 1968-03-29. ISSN 0040-718X. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
^ a b c "Operation Inferno". iaf.org.il. Retrieved 2008-09-03. (Hebrew)

- Uzi Narkis, who commanded the operation, resigned as chief of the Central Command for a position in the Jewish Agency shortly after the battle.

^ a b Ben-Tzedef, Eviatar (2008-03-24). "Inferno at Karameh". nfc. Retrieved 2008-09-03. (Hebrew)

There are all Israeli tankers who died in Karameh battle:

34341.1332219167.jpg

3434.1332219171.jpg

There are all Israeli tankers who died in Karameh battle:

34341.1332219167.jpg

3434.1332219171.jpg
Other 178 could be wounded :no:!? I guess not, however, I don't believe in Israeli sources. Give me a single unbiased source that proves your numbers and I will accept it other wise your just wasting your time here.

Back
Top Bottom