What's new

Yellow Culture Intrudes in Bangladesh!

As much as I love to needle our Chinese brothers, isn't saying "yellow" a bit racist? I refrain from calling the Indians and Pakistanis brown. Or is it different in Asia? I know you have different sensabilities.

I don't think there is anything wrong in calling an Indian or Pakistani "brown". It's almost like calling an African "black", it's not implying his actually colour is black but it's just a general word for the African race.

If calling a person "white" or "black" isn't racist, I don't see why calling an Indian/Pakistani "brown" or Chinese "yellow" should be considered racist :)

Anyway on topic, those who wake up to **** everyday, delete your **** collection, get out and meet some girls :P

I don't think there is anything wrong in calling an Indian or Pakistani "brown". It's almost like calling an African "black", it's not implying his actually colour is black but it's just a general word for the African race.

If calling a person "white" or "black" isn't racist, I don't see why calling an Indian/Pakistani "brown" or Chinese "yellow" should be considered racist :)

Anyway on topic, those who wake up to **** everyday, delete your **** collection, get out and meet some girls :P

In America it is.

Thanks, it makes sense. BTW, gotta girlfriend, still like ****. My present girlfriend doesn't like it, I keep it down-low. My ex liked to watch it with me, as long as the girls weren't too pretty!

Thanks, it makes sense. BTW, gotta girlfriend, still like ****. My present girlfriend doesn't like it, I keep it down-low. My ex liked to watch it with me, as long as the girls weren't too pretty!

I think you crossed the TMI threshold bro:P

In America it is.

Really? I was there for 3 years and the African American's there preferred if i called them "black" rather than negro :confused:

As much as i like taking the moral high-ground on internet forums, i've watched **** here and there too :lol: So it's all good, mate :P

Really? I was there for 3 years and the African American's there preferred if i called them "black" rather than negro :confused:

I have only been to America once, and didn't come across many black guys, but the politically correct term is "African American" I believe.

I have only been to America once, and didn't come across many black guys, but the politically correct term is "African American" I believe.

Most guys still go by "black" at least in the Army.

As a country's development progresses, other countries media will enter the country and would try to influnce it. Same thing is happening now with Bangladesh and indian media. Both good or bad influence will arrive in hordes, however is up to us bangladeshis to pick up the good influence and discard the bad ones. For example, some of us claim that some indian or hollywood movies are influencing our culture to be more vulgar. However, its really up to us to shrug off this influence. As for the good influence, our bangladeshi society should be influenced by movies like 'taare zameen paar', '3 idiots' or hollywood movies such as 'Remember the titans'

People in South Asia also refer to "vulgar" things as yellow? I always thought the phrase was exclusively Chinese.

We must take positive steps to protect our culture from complete ruination. Allah (SWT) said, “You do not throw yourselves by your own hands towards ruination. Perform good deeds nicely. Allah (SWT) loves those who perform good deeds.” (2:195).

Notice the objection is couched in terms of some sort of understanding of Islam -- notice how the author proposes to interpret the verse - No dancing Indian nor any damn half naked Russian (why must they always do thing by half) has performed any "good deeds", certainly not like the arbis.

Once again, Islam, a religion of Faith in God, weaponized for political purposes --- So whose to blame Islam or it's politicization?

People in South Asia also refer to "vulgar" things as yellow? I always thought the phrase was exclusively Chinese.

eg if a newspaper regularly publishes sleazy contents, we call it yellow journalism. etc etc. Why is yellow a Chinese phrase?? is it a bad phrase in Chinese?

As a country's development progresses, other countries media will enter the country and would try to influnce it. Same thing is happening now with Bangladesh and indian media. Both good or bad influence will arrive in hordes, however is up to us bangladeshis to pick up the good influence and discard the bad ones. For example, some of us claim that some indian or hollywood movies are influencing our culture to be more vulgar. However, its really up to us to shrug off this influence. As for the good influence, our bangladeshi society should be influenced by movies like 'taare zameen paar', '3 idiots' or hollywood movies such as 'Remember the titans'

Rang De Basanti the best indian movie ever. . Though it kinda looks copy of the book 'gorvodharini' by Samresh.... Govt. Should ban **** . . From my school life i have hard times . . Always fought against mind and brain to watch this. . . .. So we should decrease availability of ****. . .Its no good on moral background. . . Leave the religion thing. . .

Back
Top Bottom