What's new

Yaum-e-Shuhada 2014 (Rememberance Day of Martyrs)

It is the hall mark of the living nation to honour her Dead. It is therefore heartening to see Pakistan paying tributes to the brave sons of the soil who laid down their lives in the service of their motherland.

I join my compatriots wholeheartedly in this noble cause and salute the Martyrs.

“Pakistan Paindabad”
what fate lies ahead for a nation where the loudest and most obnoxious equate the pride for the nation and its ideology as subservience to Pak Military and appeasing dictatorship.

systematically not just the military but the very foundations this state was founded is being constantly mocked and ridiculed by select group of organisations and people in the name of freedom of expression.

I know it butt hurts people but I welcome this pain in their butt by Saying
Pakistan Zindabad= Pakistan Military Zindabad = Quad e Azam Zindabad

10308332_10152397470024919_3742633481941479470_n.jpg

10277727_10152041497541766_5765114046347704437_n.jpg

Last edited:
After 10 years of giving blind sacrifice, bravery has already crossed the line, and now it seems more like stupidity. This includes, public too.

Sorry if it sound rude but that's the reality.

No point in dying or going for dangerous operation, when army have enemies in shape of political parties, judiciary and media.

Going to risk your life in war, without getting rid of obvious supporter of your enimies, is height of stupidity.
army is doing it for the sake of its oath and its own promise. it knows it wont get any praise from the hypocrites and backstabbers.

its biggest failing is selling this struggle to the general public compared to TTP that kills the people and manages to shift the hatred to Americans and the Pakistan military.

Pakistan is full of Abu-Daoods, Mir jafars, Mir Sadiqs and Abdullah bin Abi's...

expect no respite from these scum... because the nation wants to eat 10 onions and take hundred lashes at the same time.

ranting aside.. its a moral duty to honor the sacrifices of all military and civilian men women and children

Yes, they don't need to get into a direct conflict, already doing enough damage to us.

Nobody needs to get into a direct conflict with Pakistan, because Pakistan is already doing enough damage to itself.

army is doing it for the sake of its oath and its own promise. it knows it wont get any praise from the hypocrites and backstabbers.
its biggest failing is selling this struggle to the general public compared to TTP that kills the people and manages to shift the hatred to Americans and the Pakistan military.

The Army can be respected if it abides by its oath, but the general public is now starting to see the truth underneath the cloak of patriotism that is claimed. That is the real issue, and this can be resolved only by the correct actions, because noble words do not mean much anymore. Results count.

Why was this date specifically chosen? Could this not be merged with Sep 6 which while related to the 65 war still is defence day for the country?

Why was this date specifically chosen? Could this not be merged with Sep 6 which while related to the 65 war still is defence day for the country?

Spreading memorial days all over the year helps keep the nation reminded of the desired emotions steadily.

The Army can be respected if it abides by its oath, but the general public is now starting to see the truth underneath the cloak of patriotism that is claimed. That is the real issue, and this can be resolved only by the correct actions, because noble words do not mean much anymore. Results count.
and counting
5,000+ dead including generals and foot soldiers
killed in the line of duty

no politics here, we are honoring the dead who cant do much about our taunts about military take over and Pakistan's democracy.

the kind of backlash we got after Lal Masjid was disappointing despite that we cleared Sawat with our blood. when the talk was that Islamabad is only 60 miles from Bunair. we hit them so hard this year that TTP came running to their allies in Democracy to call off attacks.

yes results count and still counting.

democracy says, army is only permitted to respond if it is attacked.
dont do anything while the brothers continue the slaughter of the civilians.. democracy says who cares there are way too many of them and most of the dead dont belong to the most populous province of the country so they are irrelevant anyway.
(here I go again, telling you not to do politics and doing exactly that... sorry).

in addition to the Pak military personal, my prayers for doctor, nurses, health workers, teachers, students, clerics, scholars, poets, police officers,judges, students and ordinary civilians who lost their lives at the hands of these fiends who continued their work and stood up agaisnt the wahabi takfiri ideology

Is that figure supposed to generate sympathy for the Army or is it to show their incompetence in fighting a ragtag irregular militia?

take your pick. depending upon your point of view and your personal biases.
one thing for sure
there is no expectation or demand for sympathy. its the proof of their sacrifices..
you chose to miss out the last part of my post which shows a different picture than your claim but hey I wont hold it against you for now. I will keep my fatwa in the later part of my post

what was the life expectancy of a soldier in WW1 in the tench? what was the body count of the soldiers that came out of the rafts on D day? we remember those days but we dont ask for any sympathy,

although your second part of the sentence is very patronizing and uncalled for (please dont spin your answer I am too old for that)

I will still respond anyway for the benefit of others. (sir you are too smart and know it already you just planted it I can just see your smug face right now)

COIN fight is a long and painful fight where the insurgent melds in with the population and fights a war of attrition. no defined enemy

things become much difficult when the regular military has to fight in its own land and is not in an occupied land where a Sargent walks off with his buddies enters a house executes everyone and burns their bodies (add rape too for Iraq) and his unit covers him and his mates and when word goes out gives him a slap on the wrist.). despite that we cleared tribal agencies and stepped aside for peace and democracy. not bad for a force fighting in its own country with fractions of the resources compared to what NATO achieved despite its technology & resources. (whats been the Taliban vs ANA count been regarding area of influence and control during the conflict?) apart from mowing down weddings , funerals , wood gatherers and sheep herders .. the success has been in opium bumper crops and Lithium extraction.. God of money & Capitalism be praised ( Hurrah)

our Swat operation was anything but incompetency. although our "allies" were bidding on the other side and to their bitter disappointment we didnt only clear the area but made the TTP take refuge in Kunhar and Nooristan where they are much closer to their hosts. the Afghan "rag tag militia" hasnt done that bad in Afghanistan so much so that its already recognized as a party and celebrating victory.

That backlash should tell us all that the old ways of expecting support from the people cannot be taken for granted any more.

sir, with all due respect (that is due for this sentence)

this sentence is such a fail that I think you are getting tired now.
you raped it
you molested it
you just committed blasphemy
(specially when you cut out the last bit which is contrary to your choice of words)
commonsense be praised

I have already pointed out about the radicalized society which is far more vocal than the rest that is in the perpetual struggle of bringing food on the table.

backlash was disappointing because of the spread of takfiri/ wahabism which is being spread by America's closest ally across the globe and goes beyond the scope of our involvement in Afghan Jihad.

finally,
no unlike Americans we dont take support for granted where the airport announces to stand up and give warm welcome to the troops just returning from their misadventure and massacres of civilians and prisoners from Iraq to Afghanistan

Last edited:
Is that figure supposed to generate sympathy for the Army or is it to show their incompetence in fighting a ragtag irregular militia?

That is just outright rude to the martyred soldiers and their families.

so the Americans have been fighting the Wrong enemy?

what is USCENTCOM view about this book?

The Wrong Enemy: America in Afghanistan, 2001-2014: Amazon.co.uk: Carlotta Gall: Books

is the American nation being prepared for another War?

Dear Irfan Baloch,

We came to Afghanistan to target those who killed thousands of innocent Americans on 9/11. Al Qaeda’s terrorist network has been dismantled, and the U.S. and ANSF are working side by side to ensure a safe and secure future for the nation of Afghanistan. This book is written by an independent author, and does not represent the views of U.S. government. As mentioned before, we have always emphasized Pakistan’s importance in the region, and greatly appreciate their sacrifices in the region. Like all nations, the U.S. has the responsibility of protecting its citizens from those who threaten the safety of our nation. We are working closely with our allies in regards to our shared peace objectives, and strongly condemn all acts of terrorism throughout the world.

Ali Khan

Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

Back
Top Bottom