What's new

Yasir Shah first legspinner in 11 years to be ranked No. 1

Benign Persona

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Yasir Shah first legspinner in 11 years to be ranked No. 1
Pakistan legspinner Yasir Shah has displaced England quick James Anderson from the no. 1 spot in the ICC rankings for Test bowlers. Yasir is the first legspinner since Shane Warne in 2005 to be ranked no. 1, and the first Pakistan bowler since Mushtaq Ahmed in December 1996.

Yasir's rise to the top came as a result of his performance in the first Test against England at Lord's, where he took 10 for 141 to bowl Pakistan to a 75-run victory. Anderson did not play the game because he was recovering from a shoulder injury.

Yasir has 86 wickets from 13 Tests - the most by any bowler after that many games - and has a chance of breaking a 120-year old record - the fastest to 100 Test wickets. George Lohmann, the England bowler, had reached the mark in 16 matches in 1896.

Yasir was ranked No. 4 before the start of the England tour, but a compelling display on a day-two pitch offering no turn and remarkable exploitation of a wearing pitch and worried batsmen on day four pushed him up three places. His 6 for 72 in the first innings and 4 for 69 in the second made him the first legspinner to claim a 10-for at Lord's. Among his wickets was a vicious legbreak that pitched a considerable distance outside the left-handed Gary Ballance's off stump and turned square to hit leg stump, invoking memories of Shane Warne bowling Andrew Strauss in Edgbaston in the 2005 Ashes.

The Lord's Test was Yasir's first outside the subcontinent and his 10 for 141 is his best bowling performance in a match.

Anderson, who is likely to return for the second Test at Old Trafford from July 22, dropped down to third place with Stuart Broad at fourth. India offspinner R Aswhin, who is in the West Indies preparing for a four-Test series, is at No. 2.

Chris Woakes, England's standout player in their home summer, has vaulted 28 places up the bowlers' rankings after his 11 for 102. He is at No. 36.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/1036047.html

MISBAH BOWS ARMY TRAINING BY PUSH UPS

01_01.jpg

Pakistani messi zindabad.

WE NEED TO PRODUCE ANOTHER MESSI IN RESERVE .
WE NEED TO FRONTLINE WASEEM AND WAQAR , SAEED,INZI , YOUSUF

Well done especially on conditions that werent particularly favourable to spinners! Also happy that he choose to do his interview in Urdu. No shame in not knowing English.

See :lol:
I knew it! :lol:

Tum logon sa hazm ni hota cute and AWESOME Messi :P
(no i am a Liverpool fan since i was a kid, but i do like Barca in La Liga :) )

Haha. IO consider Suarez a bigger threat than Messi. He is a great but also overrated.

Talking about Liverpool. It was sad to see them losing in Europa league final to Sevilla. Expected them to win it.

Haha. IO consider Suarez a bigger threat than Messi. He is a great but also overrated.

Talking about Liverpool. It was sad to see them losing in Europa league final to Sevilla. Expected them to win it.
Sad?? :(
It was heart breaking!!
I couldn't sleep for hours and i am not a kid anymore :( What a chapter that would have been if we could have lifted that cup! :( SAD!!

Plus sure i wont go against Suarez for obvious reasons, Messi sure is an excellent player man. It takes something to be overrated for all those years. Plus the guy you have,, i just hate him, that too for obvious reason, you just have to think a bit and you will figure out why :lol:

Sad?? :(
It was heart breaking!!
I couldn't sleep for hours and i am not a kid anymore :( What a chapter that would have been if we could have lifted that cup! :( SAD!!

Plus sure i wont go against Suarez for obvious reasons, Messi sure is an excellent player man. It takes something to be overrated for all those years. Plus the guy you have,, i just hate him, that too for obvious reason, you just have to think a bit and you will figure out why :lol:

Sevilla must be doing something special to win 3 consecutive Europa finals. Een I was hoping Liverpool to win it this time.

And yes no liverpool fan would hate Suarez. :D As for Ronaldo. Either you hate him or love him. He is a king. He has won it all. 3 Champion leagues. 1 Euro cup for Portugal. Might win ballon dor too this time. I hope we would win La Liga and Copa del rey this season so that King Ronaldo would have all trophies with him when he retires from Real Madrid. We are starting this season with more confidence and better situation. No benetiz. Morata is back. It is all good :D

Sevilla must be doing something special to win 3 consecutive Europa finals. Een I was hoping Liverpool to win it this time.

And yes no liverpool fan would hate Suarez. :D As for Ronaldo. Either you hate him or love him. He is a king. He has won it all. 3 Champion leagues. 1 Euro cup for Portugal. Might win ballon dor too this time. I hope we would win La Liga and Copa del rey this season so that King Ronaldo would have all trophies with him when he retires from Real Madrid. We are starting this season with more confidence and better situation. No benetiz. Morata is back. It is all good :D
Well i am among the first ones then. It is mainly because of of ManU connection, thought you would figure it out.

Anyway, i cant wait for the season to start, thank God for the cricket in England else i would have gone crazy without anything to follow.

Well done especially on conditions that werent particularly favourable to spinners! Also happy that he choose to do his interview in Urdu. No shame in not knowing English.

In fact, own tongue should be spoken regardless. Good stuff by Yasir. Quality bowler.

Back
Top Bottom