What's new

Yasir Shah first legspinner in 11 years to be ranked No. 1

Well done especially on conditions that werent particularly favourable to spinners! Also happy that he choose to do his interview in Urdu. No shame in not knowing English.

That's like Messi giving the interview and then Maradona translating it for the audience.:P

PS: I don't know why people keep comparing Yasir and Messi for their looks.To me they look bit different.For me, their physical facial features are not that similar to cause a confusion.

See :lol:
I knew it! :lol:

Tum logon sa hazm ni hota cute and AWESOME Messi :P
(no i am a Liverpool fan since i was a kid, but i do like Barca in La Liga :) )

Me too liverpool fan :P

By the way IMO liverpool will do good in this season because they are not in Europe this season.

In fact, own tongue should be spoken regardless. Good stuff by Yasir. Quality bowler.

Nothing wrong in speaking English if you know it imo. However it is rather depressing watching so many Asian cricketers with limited knowledge of English struggling but insisting that they will speak only in English in post match interviews. Just speak your own language for goodness sake and get a translator.

That's like Messi giving the interview and then Maradona translating it for the audience.:P

PS: I don't know why people keep comparing Yasir and Messi for their looks.To me they look bit different.For me, their physical facial features are not that similar to cause a confusion.

Haha yep, and I agree although there is a slight resemblance between the two its not enough to warrant them being labelled doppelgangers.

Nothing wrong in speaking English if you know it imo. However it is rather depressing watching so many Asian cricketers with limited knowledge of English struggling but insisting that they will speak in that language in post match interviews. Just speak your own language for goodness sake and get a translator.

Haha yep, and I agree although there is a slight resemblance between the two its not enough to warrant them being labelled doppelgangers.

Agreed. I have nothing against speaking English, but if you can't speak just speak in native tongue.

You need them, the team needs amir and yasir shah like bowlers.

Well done especially on conditions that wthe particularly favourable to spinners! Also happy that he choose to do his interview in Urdu. No shame in not knowing English.

England are a bunch of fools who lack skills for playing against leg spin...major share of warne's wickets were against England..I am pretty sure even an amateur leggy would bowl out England...I admit yasir is a good bowler but you can't gauge his talent against a team Like England who are at sea playing leg spin.

Playing well at lords for players are lyk dream come true
Lords is home of cricket
Yasir shah showed and now rank first in test ranking

Respect ..he do understand English but he spoke in Urdu that's really a mature move by yasir as most of noble people around the world use to speak there mother language
No one should feel shame

He is almost 30, better late than never but so many years wasted waiting for Saeed Ajmal to retire so he can have a chance. He is a great bowler though and if he keeps fit, he will break a few records.

Congratulations. Keep it up, Yasir.

I am afraid, when Yasir will be reported for suspected action. Pakistan should set up already available lab equipment for this purpose - as already reported with the help of LUMS and approve it thru ICC for certification.

Ex masters always upsets when losses to ex slaves and then always results in controversy. All previous occasions proved it in past.

He is almost 30, better late than never but so many years wasted waiting for Saeed Ajmal to retire so he can have a chance. He is a great bowler though and if he keeps fit, he will break a few records.

Even Saeed Ajmal made debut at the age of 31 compared to Yasir 28 in tests. It was difficult since Ajmal was doing well and most of the times one only need 1 spinner or two. But looking back I'm happy Ajmal was banned at the right time because Yasir have potential to become one of all time great spinners. And leg spinners don't chuck either. Though Yasir did play some ODIs and T20 in 2011 when he was 25 years old, so selectors always had eye on him. Just waiting for right moment.

Congratulations. Keep it up, Yasir.

I am afraid, when Yasir will be reported for suspected action. Pakistan should set up already available lab equipment for this purpose - as already reported with the help of LUMS and approve it thru ICC for certification.

Ex masters always upsets when losses to ex slaves and then always results in controversy. All previous occasions proved it in past.

oh bhai not sure how much you know about cricket but leg spinners can't chuck even if they tried. Yasir need to worry about drugs, match fixing etc Thankfully he got away with 3 month ban recently for doping.

England are a bunch of fools who lack skills for playing against leg spin...major share of warne's wickets were against England..I am pretty sure even an amateur leggy would bowl out England...I admit yasir is a good bowler but you can't gauge his talent against a team Like England who are at sea playing leg spin.

Bhongo bhai they are not that bad, Yasir is only leggie to ever get 10 wickets in Lord's.

good going yasir shah ... and wish u luck in up coming games :tup::victory:

His performance in the last world cup was quite opposite though.

Back
Top Bottom