What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

Mods : Please merge in existing thread on the subject if any.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-39460538
_95415838_gettyimages-606025432.jpg

China has introduced new restrictions in the far western region of Xinjiang in what it describes as a campaign against Islamist extremism.

The measures include prohibiting "abnormally" long beards, the wearing of veils in public places and refusing to watch state television.

Xinjiang is the homeland of the Uighurs, a traditionally Muslim group who say they face discrimination.

Recent years have seen bloody clashes in the region.

The Chinese government blames the violence on Islamist militants and separatists.

But rights groups say the unrest is more a reaction to repressive policies, and argue that the new measures may end up pushing some Uighurs into extremism.

Though similar restrictions have already been in place in Xinjiang, they become legally sanctioned as of this weekend. Reuters news agency reports that the new laws also ban:

• Not allowing children to attend government schools
  • Not abiding by family planning policies
  • Deliberately damaging legal documents
  • Marrying using only religious procedures
The rules also state that workers in public spaces, such as stations and airports, are now required to "dissuade" those who fully cover their bodies, including veiling their faces, from entering, and to report them to the police.

_95412891_china_xinjiang.png

The restrictions were approved by Xinjiang lawmakers and published on the region's official news website.

Chinese authorities had previously imposed other measures, including restrictions on granting passports to Uighurs.

China has relationship with Pakistan not because it is Muslim-dominated country, but because it is a state that China has common interests.

You are being Muslim, Christian or Zoroastrian do mean NOTHING to us.

You are being a Muslim or not does not make you more important or less important in our eyes.

Please do not assume some self-worth and anticipate automatic respect from others because you happen to believe in something unseen very strongly.

You derive respect and friendship because of who you are, not because which god you believe in.

If you think China is a partner with you just because you are Muslim, then please stop being a partner, because we will not get along well (of course, your government is more rational and fighting inside Pakistan against the more violent version of what China has been successfully dealing with at home).

Hope this makes things clear.

That we are not getting along so well with India or getting along well with Pakistan has nothing to do with your or Indian religion. It is all about geopolitics and interest. We do not care about your being Hinduist or Islamist.

Just as all rational and secular governments do not care.

Stop your idiotic comments and correct your flags. You are an insult to North Korea.

Since English is not your first language I can understand why you have trouble in reading comprehension.

I never said we should be a partner based on religion, so stop spewing nonsense.

My only contention is if this law actually exists it is highly discriminatory and alienates the peaceful Muslims who wear beards and niqabs, but I don't expect a simpleton like you to understand basic logic.
If someone wants to commit a crime they can do it without a beard like many terrorists have done in the past.

In fact, most of the terrorists attacks have been committed by those who don't practice Islam and were beardless alcoholics or drug dealers.

Finally, I was under the impression that Chinese are sharp and can see through the facade in geopolitics orchestrated by the West, but I suppose I was wrong. The best thing you can do for the West is alienate the Muslims by implementing these idiotic laws.

Last edited:
Mods : Please merge in existing thread on the subject if any.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-39460538
_95415838_gettyimages-606025432.jpg

China has introduced new restrictions in the far western region of Xinjiang in what it describes as a campaign against Islamist extremism.

The measures include prohibiting "abnormally" long beards, the wearing of veils in public places and refusing to watch state television.

Xinjiang is the homeland of the Uighurs, a traditionally Muslim group who say they face discrimination.

Recent years have seen bloody clashes in the region.

The Chinese government blames the violence on Islamist militants and separatists.

But rights groups say the unrest is more a reaction to repressive policies, and argue that the new measures may end up pushing some Uighurs into extremism.

Though similar restrictions have already been in place in Xinjiang, they become legally sanctioned as of this weekend. Reuters news agency reports that the new laws also ban:

• Not allowing children to attend government schools
  • Not abiding by family planning policies
  • Deliberately damaging legal documents
  • Marrying using only religious procedures
The rules also state that workers in public spaces, such as stations and airports, are now required to "dissuade" those who fully cover their bodies, including veiling their faces, from entering, and to report them to the police.

_95412891_china_xinjiang.png

The restrictions were approved by Xinjiang lawmakers and published on the region's official news website.

Chinese authorities had previously imposed other measures, including restrictions on granting passports to Uighurs.

Got to respect Chinese.

India should emulate China.

if China ban all religious symbols and dress code then i have no right to condemn as they are fair with all citizens but if they are doing discrimination against one religion.. it should be condemned.

China is officially an atheist country, it practices state atheism and promises individual religious freedom, as long as it doesn't interfere with the freedom of others. By the definition of state atheism, China has to govern the religious activities, and limit the power of organized religious institutions.

Chinese government doesn't discriminate against any particular legal religion, and it has demolished many Christian churches for the building code violations.

fghdfgdfhjkl1.jpg

China is officially an atheist country, it practices state atheism and promises individual religious freedom, as long as it doesn't interfere with the freedom of others. By the definition of state atheism, China has to govern the religious activities, and limit the power of organized religious institutions.

Chinese government doesn't discriminate against any particular legal religion, and it has demolished many Christian churches for the building code violations.

fghdfgdfhjkl1.jpg

which religions in China are not recognized?

Finally, I was under the impression that Chinese are sharp and can see through the facade in geopolitics orchestrated by the West, but I suppose I was wrong. The best thing you can do for the West is alienate the Muslims by implementing these idiotic laws.

Why do you care so much for others? Deal with your own problems inside your national borders. Stop interfering in others domestic affairs based on religious affinity.

Your feelings for ummah means nothing for us.

China has been around for 5000 years and knows how to deal with conjectural problems.

Why do you care so much for others? Deal with your own problems inside your national borders. Stop interfering in others domestic affairs based on religious affinity.

Your feelings for ummah means nothing for us.

China has been around for 5000 years and knows how to deal with conjectural problems.

@Shotgunner51 said that law doesn't ban beards and also pointed out that the West is trying to drive a wedge between Muslims & Chinese by publishing such false stories and that is exactly what I was saying.

So where am I wrong ?

All religions are legal unless listed as "cult" by law, like Fa Lun Gong.

that is interesting .... once I was in San Francisco Chinatown and I saw these people hold up sign which read something along the lines... "Chinese Communist Government is Satan"

@Shotgunner51 said that law doesn't ban beards and also pointed out that the West is trying to drive a wedge between Muslims & Chinese by publishing such false stories and that is exactly what I was saying.

So where am I wrong ?

Growing beard and wearing burqa are new phenomenon among Chinese Muslim in recent years, and they are often associated with religious extremism. Chinese government just have to take precaution steps.

Growing beard and wearing burqa are new phenomenon among Chinese Muslim in recent years, and they are often associated with religious extremism. Chinese government just have to take precaution steps.

I am confused... then why is
@Shotgunner51 saying that 't there isn't a ban on beards /niqabs and that the ban is falsely reported by Western media to divide Muslims / Chinese alliance?

that is interesting .... once I was in San Francisco Chinatown and I saw these people hold up sign which read something along the lines... "Chinese Communist Government is Satan"

Yes, they are very active in the states, and they have turned themselves into a political organization from a religion.

Western media to divide Muslims / Chinese alliance?

There is no such alliance. China does not form alliance based on religious affinity.

China-Pakistan partnership is not a China-Muslim alliance. It is a state to state relationship. Very secular.

And yes, there is definitely ban on long beard and full face covering, along with 13 other behaviors, including extending halal concept to things outside food. Now you can continue your holy war somewhere else.

If one has long beard or wearing full face covering, one has no place in Xinjiang. It is a good thing and will do wonders.

There is no such alliance. China does not form alliance based on religious affinity.

China-Pakistan partnership is not a China-Muslim alliance. It is a state to state relationship. Very secular.

And yes, there is definitely ban on long beard and full face covering, along with 13 other behaviors, including extending halal concept to things outside food. Now you can continue your holy war somewhere else.

If one has long beard or wearing full face covering, one has no place in Xinjiang. It is a good thing and will do wonders.
I don't understand why you are being so aggressive!

When I say Chinese / Muslims alliance that means ans state-to - state partnership since China has relations with Muslim countries unlike the West

Back
Top Bottom