What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

[QUOTE="
No Islam doesnt,only Islamists(''Wahabis'' and other radical Islamists) have such differences.[/QUOTE]

I corrected the term.

as someone who used to be pro-Chinese, I am genuinely very disappointed in this, but you obviously don't care

and yes, this has everything to do with CPEC.... why would Pakistani people never accept a CPEC like deal with US for example? that is because we thought we can trust the chinese, however, when the Pakistani people and the rest of 1.6 billion Muslims around world see this blatant attack on Islamic values it send a clear message that you are just like the west.

Uh, you have always been anti-Chinese. I've only ever seen you talk crap about China.

But yeah, you are welcome to join your Indian friends in opposing CPEC. :lol:

Why single out China? Europeans are doing the exact same thing, so do Muslim countries like Turkey, Azerbaijan, Tajikstan.

Indians are doing worse - prohibiting Muslims from eating certain food, decriminalizing rape on Muslim women (AFSPA).

That government never interfered until the radical elements cried for implementation of Sharia law,the Uyghur culture never had any radical Islamists.

what are you blabbering here? where did i said uyghur are extremists? its called racial, religious profiling which people condemn in whole world, isnt it?

ook at what has become of my country thanks to the freedom of dress code by the current government,how many terror acts have been done by these radical terrorists?

they call them east Turkistani not east uzbek.

it have nothing to do with dress code, most of those pkk militants are atheists.. it have more to do with violent neighbourhood and your involvement on behalf of FSA.. No?

you want to ban their dress code, Islamist want to ban secularism in your country, good luck in your fight, i am supporter of coexistence.

New Xinjiang regulation aims to prevent extremism
By Mao Weihua and Cui Jia | China Daily | Updated: 2017-03-31
Untitled.png

Approved by Xinjiang PC (People's Congress), the Legislation on Counter Extremism is published in Xinjiang Government website. Details are available in the official link below:

I can see a lot of lost in translation (many media including Chinese ones are lousy, worse than auto-translate) and perhaps even deliberate distortion of the story by foreign journalists, as well as some politically motivated so-called "human rights" groups. The law clearly defined what is extremism, not a single word "Islam" is mentioned, no "Muslim", no "Uighur". Out of the 15 prohibited behaviors, nothing even remotely related to beards, the only one some may dispute is covering of faces in public arena (check clause 9.7). Note, the law states clearly that individual has religious freedom, it's only prohibited to force it upon others (clause 9.2).

There are 10 Chinese ethnic groups who are muslims, Uighur is not the only one, not even the largest one which is actually Hui, the others are Kazakh (哈萨克族), Kerke (柯尔克孜族), Uzbek (乌孜别克族), Tatar (塔塔尔族), Tajik (塔吉克族), Dong Xiang (东乡族), Shala (撒拉族), Baoan (保安族). These Muslim groups not just reside in Xinjiang but across the whole mid-west of China from Gansu, Qinghai, Ningxia, Shaanxi to even northern Sichuan and Beijing. To foreign groups who try to generalize Xinjiang's counter terrorism legislation as national "oppression" on Islam or Uighur and try to defame China, remember these two cold hard facts and cut the nonsense.

View attachment 387871

Approved by Xinjiang PC (People's Congress), the Legislation on Counter Extremism is published in Xinjiang Government website. Details are available in the official link below:

I can see a lot of misunderstanding, lost in translation (many media including Chinese ones are lousy) and perhaps even deliberate distortion of the story by foreign jornalists as well as some politically motivated so-called "human rights" groups. The law clearly defined what is extremism, not a single word "Islam" is mentioned, no "Muslim", no "Uhygur". Out of the 15 prohibited behaviors, nothing even remotely related to beards, the only one some may dispute is covering of faces in public arena (check clause 9.7). Note, the law states clearly that individual has religious freedom, it's only prohibited to force upon others (clause 9.2).

There are 10 Chinese ethnic groups that have Muslim as religion, Uhygur is not the only one, not even the largest which is actually Hui, others are Kazak (哈萨克族), Kerke (柯尔克孜族), Uzebek (乌孜别克族), Tatar (塔塔尔族), Tajik (塔吉克族), Dong Xiang (东乡族), Shala (撒拉族), Baoan (保安族); These Muslim groups not just reside in Xinjiang but across the whole mid-west of China from Gansu, Qinghai, Ningxia, Shaanxi to even northern Sichuan and Beijing. To foreign groups who try to relate Xinjiang's counter terrorism legislation to Islam or Uhygur, try to defame China, remember the these two hard facts and cut the non-sense.

The news reports are all politically motivated to pit Chinese against Muslims.

Got to confess there are idiots on both sides - Muslims and Chinese -- who are going to fight over it.

The news reports are all politically motivated to pit Chinese against Muslims.

Got to confess there are idiots on both sides - Muslims and Chinese -- who are going to fight over it.
Exactly!

Can't blame those politically motivated groups or journalists for faking stories to defame China among Muslims or Turkic people, that's what they do for a living. For example, perhaps the most queried clause 9.7, it reads "自己或强迫他人穿戴蒙面罩袍、佩戴极端化标志的" or "Wearing or force others to wear masked gowns, extremist signage", not even one religious or cultural term can be found, but then say in the OP it became "head scarves, veils and long beards", some others even use cultural terms like "burqa" or "niqab".

There is a reason that China is where it is today. It's very secular. The battle for China is not its market, but it's souls. Chinese don't regard Confucius as a religion. So it has three choices, Christianity, Islam and Buddhism. Represented by the west, Middle East and India. I think all three places need a strategy to win the Chinese soul.

China should merge all these 3 religions into one, we should remove all the psychological barrier and reduce their misconception and misunderstanding of each other. China knew how to unify all fragmented warring states as one nation, we can do the same with the religion... of course we do that within Chinese territory, we should set a new standard for any Chinese believers that they will not be allowed to look down any religion or play favoritism but open their hearts equally to all religions (jew, shaman, fortune tellers :D, you name it).

Look at what has become of my country thanks to the freedom of dress code by the current government,how many terror acts have been done by these radical terrorists?
If it were up to me,i would have sent them al away,no freedom of dresscode in my country,just like in the good old days where my country was modern and free of radical Islamic elements.
Turkey used to be a safe country. But not anymore. Another victim of Wahabbi expansion.

Wrong approach but what can you expect from communists? It will backfire like it did in Chechnya. Mark my words: during the next 10 years Chinese elites will acknowledge that the biggest threat to China is the rising number of Christians all over the country.

Uh, you have always been anti-Chinese. I've only ever seen you talk crap about China.

But yeah, you are welcome to join your Indian friends in opposing CPEC. :lol:

dear Chinese bro, you are confusing me with someone else or you are deliberately trolling

read all my posts.. I have always posted pro-Chinese & pro-CPEC comments

Turkey used to be a safe country. But not anymore. Another victim of Wahabbi expansion.

you clearly don't know what you are talking about and stop spewing nonsense

I live in Turkey and it is very safe here, plus Turks are Sunnis just as I am .. There were ISIS wahabis caught and they got severely tortured while the "human rights" groups were crying

Exactly!

Can't blame those politically motivated groups or journalists for faking stories to defame China among Muslims or Turkic people, that's what they do for a living. For example, perhaps the most queried clause 9.7, it reads "自己或强迫他人穿戴蒙面罩袍、佩戴极端化标志的" or "Wearing or force others to wear masked gowns, extremist signage", not even one religious or cultural term can be found, but then say in the OP it became "head scarves, veils and long beards", some others even use cultural terms like "burqa" or "niqab".

good relations between Muslims and Chinese sounds great, but why are your fellow Chinese members cheering this law as a ban on beards and niqbs ? do they not understand chinese?

Last edited:
Wrong approach but what can you expect from communists? It will backfire like it did in Chechnya. Mark my words: during the next 10 years Chinese elites will acknowledge that the biggest threat to China is the rising number of Christians all over the country.
You can expect communists don't randomly kill innocent people. But can we expect Wahabbies stop doing so?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom