What's new

Would India take Afghan refugees from Pakistan?

Would India take Afghan refugees from Pakistan?

• Total voters
@Pak-one @Hyperion - Waisee why haven't you Pukhtoons been able to use your common ethnicity, culture & fraternal links to win over Afghan Refugees in favor of Pakistan ? Perhaps living with us as Brothers & then when they go back to Afghanistan looking out for our Strategic Interests & asking us to look after their Strategic Interests instead of the 21 Gun Salute that usually comes from Kabul ? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO,we should not accept any refuges from Afghanistan or any country. At the most,a temporary asylum,nothing more. On the other hand,we should take them to their homeland and help them rebuild their country.

So ISI has infiltrated all Afghans living in Pakistan? - They have way too much time for that i bet. So the ones living in Pakistan have lost their 'Afghan-ness' and ain't friends of India anymore sir?

See it whichever way suits you.

But if given a chance I feel this is what India ought to do.

Its also not abt being friends of India - those in Pk are already in a land better than their own.

Let the other get a chance.

"Describing Afghan President Hamid Karzai as a close friend of India and a "steadfast supporter" of their bilateral ties, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday said the two had reaffirmed their shared vision of a "stable, strong, united, sovereign and prosperous Afghanistan".

Read more at: India reaffirms vision of strong, stable Afghanistan, says Prime Minister Manmohan Singh : North, News - India Today

Dr Manmohan singh, described India as a 'steadfast supporter' of Afghanistan. Its high time when Indian words of support, met with reality and tangible support for Afghan refugees.

We already have around 60,000 Afghan refugees and more will be accepted if they come from Afghanistan - but I don't see that happening if Pakistan wants to send them over to India from Pakistan - how is that possible?

Sir we can send them through UN lead process of refugee resettlement.

But they are your best friends Sir, you should be nice to them - no?

We already have around 60,000 Afghan refugees and more will be accepted if they come from Afghanistan - but I don't see that happening if Pakistan wants to send them over to India from Pakistan - how is that possible?

"Describing Afghan President Hamid Karzai as a close friend of India and a "steadfast supporter" of their bilateral ties, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday said the two had reaffirmed their shared vision of a "stable, strong, united, sovereign and prosperous Afghanistan".

Read more at: India reaffirms vision of strong, stable Afghanistan, says Prime Minister Manmohan Singh : North, News - India Today

Dr Manmohan singh, described India as a 'steadfast supporter' of Afghanistan. Its high time when Indian words of support, met with reality and tangible support for Afghan refugees.

If I didnt know otherwise, I would have said that you are trolling your *** off today :)

seriously, since when has support become focused on a single item.. There is no request from Afghanistan for providing place for Afghan IDPs. You never know what the response will be unless there is a request/demand. That way, one can open a thread for a survey to see if Pakistan will accept Bangladeshi refugees from India (as a part of their due to Ummah) or from Burma ?

A creative attempt, but seriously flawed simply because accepting relocation of refugees has to be against a request from Afghanistan...On the other hand, if Pakistan demands money from Afghanistan to reimburse Pakistan for providing shelter to Afghan refugees, India for sure will offer help (if asked) to pay Pakistan

I don't see where this question has come from- have any Afghans asked to take refugee in a nation many hundreds of miles away that shares no border with their homeland??

@SwatCat

Voting is open for everyone and public.

Friendship demands that immigration policies should be relaxed? What sort of logic is that? Our friendship does entail that we build schools there, roads, build up industry. Friendship obviously does not entail that we train insurgents against the state, insurgents who kill children as they exit a madrasa.

A poster as smart as you should be cognizant of how specious this sort of reasoning is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Choice #3

But it's contingent on what happens post 2014. Either their project will remain somewhat intact or it will face catastrophic failure - depending on which puppet replaces karzai

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom