What's new

World War II Indian heroism recalled in Egypt

My grand father was part of the battle, he was recalled very late from the front.

All Muslim soldiers were held back and Sikhs were sent early, which aggravated the massacre of Muslims at time of partition.

This is first hand version from my grandfather.

The war ended in 1945. By early 1944 the Eighth Army was in Europe.

Independence came in 1947, is it being suggested that Brits kept troops in N Africa even after WW II ended ?

No offence meant but you may like to discuss this with your Grand dad.

He is factually wrong.

It isnt just Indian heroism. Its both Indian and Pakistani heroism at that point in time. My respects and salutes to the brave soldiers from both countries. Sadly, some dumbasses in the west dont get this.

For example in WW1, when the British forces got routed, and the French got whooped as usual :lol: at the franco-german border, it was Indians and Pakistanis that helped defeat the Germans.

Here is a video, I couldnt find this documentary:

Brother this is what i always say unity is the best n divide is worst!!!!!!!

Together we had made our country the Golden Sparrow of the World, we used to contribute 23% of world's economy back then n this documentary is another proof of our strength 2gether.
If we unite again there is no one who can stop us even today!!!!!

Mark my words!

Last edited by a moderator:

Together we had made our country the Golden Sparrow of the World, we used to contribute 23% of world's economy back then n this documentary is another proof of our strength 2gether.

Mark my words!

We've come too far to unite. Establishing better relations is a more realistic goal to work towards.

Mark my words!

Mate don't call it as Golden Sparrow so that it can be caged or tamed :lol:

I don't know how much Muslim participated in world war ! it must be very few , like Freedom fighter very low were Muslims , Muhammad ali jina never went to jail for any freedom strike in his lifetime.

I don't know how much Muslim participated in world war ! it must be very few , like Freedom fighter very low were Muslims , Muhammad ali jina never went to jail for any freedom strike in his lifetime.

The number of Muslim soildiers in the Brit IA was high and they participated in WW 2 in proportionate numbers. A large number of regiments in the Brit IA had Muslim soldiers , some went to Pakistan some stayed back.

BTW, Zia was from the Hodsons Horse, a regiment that was allotted to IA. Those officers who wanted to go to Pak moved alongwith the Muslim squadron. In exchange, a Hindu/ Sikh squadron came from a regiment that was allotted to the PA.

Yes, you don't. The staples of the British Indian Army were the Gurkhas, Sikhs, Pathans and Punjabi Muslims.

As for freedom fighters, look up the INA hierarchy, you'll get your answers. M.A Jinnah never went to jail because he never broke laws, he wasn't a "Strikes and Civil Disobedience man" but we'll leave that for another thread.

Yes, you don't. The staples of the British Indian Army were the Gurkhas, Sikhs, Pathans and Punjabi Muslims.

As for freedom fighters, look up the INA hierarchy, you'll get your answers. M.A Jinnah never went to jail because he never broke laws, he wasn't a "Strikes and Civil Disobedience man" but we'll leave that for another thread.

He don't wanted to panga with British, in short he never participated in freedom movement strikes actively , when Indians achieved freedom he just took the bite .:disagree:

Hard work of one man but Success was divided in two people.

All_Hail_Megatron_by_seph_blade.jpg

If you cared to watch the documentary, you would actually be able to see the faces of the Muslim men that fought in the war. Dont make nonsensical statements and bring religion into everything. Muslims were as much involved in the independence movement as much as Hindus were. And one doesnt need to go to jail in order to be considered a freedom fighter.

We've come too far to unite. Establishing better relations is a more realistic goal to work towards.

Nobody say that we should merge with them, but we have to admit what we did together n today what can we do our our respective countries! if we work closely :)

Indian World War II history republished

New Delhi, Oct 29 (IANS) Eight volumes of the Indian Army’s World War II history, which have been out of print for a long time, are being published here again.

When World War II began in 1939, the Indian Army’s strength was about 200,000 men. When it ended in August 1945, it became the largest volunteer army in history, risingto over 2.5 million men.

A series of 24 volumes describing the role of the Indianarmed forces was published by the History Division of the defence ministry some 60 years ago.

Eight of these volumes, describing major operations by the Indian troops, have been out of stock for some time.

Re-published by Pentagon Press,these volumes will be released here Tuesday by Lt Gen (retd) J.F.R. Jacob at an event also attended by Arvind Gupta, director of the Indian Defence Studies and Analysis (IDSA).

World War II cost the lives of over 36,000 Indian servicemen while 34,354 were wounded. Another 67,340 became prisoners of war.

The British awarded some 4,000decorations to the Indian soldiers.

Indian World War II history republished | Firstpost

My Grandfather fought in North Africa and was taken prisoner by the Germans in June 1942.

Pakistan should be a part of this celebration as well.:pakistan:

are u proud that your grandpader was a slave to british crown and was serving the crown?

My Grandfather fought in North Africa and was taken prisoner by the Germans in June 1942.

Pakistan should be a part of this celebration as well.:pakistan:

are u proud that your grandpader was a slave to british crown and was serving the crown?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom