What's new

World Bank cancels Bangladesh bridge loan over corruption

Glory Glory to Sheikh Hasina and her minister Abul Hossain for asking percentage lol! Din Bodol, Digitalization khekz ! Hasina ekhon koi mukh lukabe?? :p MF AWAMIS
It reflects badly on bangladesh not on awami league.
How many people blame 'congress' for commonwealth games corruption outside India?

Should not be a worry for rich Bangladeshis who can afford to builf 50 5 star hotels in some random beach city. Just finance the bridge yourselves instead of IMF because you guys seem to be floating on money these days :cheers:
They are making 50 5 Star Hotels? For whom?

The issue is not the cancellation but the allegation of corruption. Hasina claimed her government was clean now she has been proved to be a liar......
Time to elect Khalida, just throw this Indian Dalal.

I think China can help bangladesh.

Glory Glory to Sheikh Hasina and her minister Abul Hossain for asking percentage lol! Din Bodol, Digitalization khekz ! Hasina ekhon koi mukh lukabe?? :p MF AWAMIS

mukh lukanor dorkar ki...shomman ki kochu patar pani je gorai pore jabe :P....it doesn't touch hasina or her thugs association at all. I'm now waiting for avalanches of comments from all hasina disciples against world bank like it happened on Hillary, German foreign minister, Dr. Yunus. Hope syed ashraf will throw an alcohol party with potato chips for world bank president and win the Padma bridge 1 and 2 deals with a single effort ;) .

It was expected from the Pro Indian government. They have learnt lots of things, how to do corruption. I.e 2g, 3G scams from the Senior politicians of India. This is very bad for the economy. Poor people suffers from it

Another nail in the coffin of the utterly corrupt Awami League.

I remember that one of their manifesto pledges was that Padma bridge would be built during their tenure.

Well...there's possibility of starting the Padma bridge work by February next year. Deal is being carried on with Malaysia but that will be unsustainable burden over the people of BD as interest rate is too high whereas World Bank has very flexible repayment option with low interest rate. The expected growth possibility by the bridge will die having built it with Malaysian loan. There was one other option from China, they once showed interest, don't know what happened later. Hope if anyone here knows, will enlighten us on this.

It is like any party come to power in Pakistan become anti India.
In BD it is opposite ...any party come to power become pro India....

Any thing happen good or bad ...Indians to be blaimed for....so keep trolling....

I think Govt already moving ahead with Malaysian proposal which is a PPP project and govt has very little control over it. With the amount of corruption within the system, I think a private initiative is a better option even though costly..

We shall again be known throughout the world as a corrupted nation
and who shall take the blame? Shameless creatures.

Haha this is hilarious, all Bangladeshis and Paks have started blaming India for World Bank decisions.

Just shows they know who runs the show including the World Bank. ;)

It was expected from the Pro Indian government. They have learnt lots of things, how to do corruption. I.e 2g, 3G scams from the Senior politicians of India. This is very bad for the economy. Poor people suffers from it

Or is it possible that its a leftover trait from being an ex-pakistani??? :D

2011 Corruption Perceptions Index -- Results

Corruption Index (Lower the number, the more corrupt it is!)
India - 3.1 / 10
Bangladesh - 2.7 /10
Pakistan - 2.5 /10

Not surprising :rolleyes:

I think Govt already moving ahead with Malaysian proposal which is a PPP project and govt has very little control over it. With the amount of corruption within the system, I think a private initiative is a better option even though costly..

At 8% interest rate? Are you insane? :lol:

Just few days ago indians was demanding proof of Padma bridge corruption and trying to defend Awami regime. Now proof is on their face.

OMG? They did? :rofl: :rofl:

Shob misha khota. Zhudho oporadhider bichar bangcal korar jonno WB, BNP-Jamat er modode
ai kaz korse. Muktijudher Pak-ker Shakti , durniti kockonoi korte pare na. Banglar matite world banker bichar hobai hobe.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom