What's new

World Air Forces - Bangladesh

Kilo Flight : The first unit of Bangladesh Air Force :

23rpjja.jpg

Without any navigation equipment and proper air to air defense equipment, with obsolete planes, these people dared to fly and bomb Pakistani strategic position 40 years back on 3rd December 1971. Their mission was to bomb 2 oil reservoirs, Godail and Chittagong. They flew from Kamalpur and bombed these two locations. This mission destroyed most of the reserve fuel of the Pakistani army.

The image and info in this post previously posted by Cyph3r in another thread.

Related link : post # 84

Tejgaon AFB hangar viewed from outside 1349 × 1021 pixels :

The structure with a white dome at right is guard room of Dhaka Cantonment military base entrance.

Another
image of this same hangar shot in the 1960's.

Three MiG-29 fighters flying, photo captured from inside cockpit :

Two photos of FM-90 guided missiles induction ceremony 4 December 2011 :

rdn4edecd5a7788e.jpg

An FM-90 missile outside of its launch barrel during an exhibit in China :

r2011120709514388096300.jpg

New FM-90 guided missile with a new type of ring shaped warhead, the innovation of the design will focus on explosive fragmentation, greatly increased lethality. Missile while switching to a new type of rocket engine and fuel, which makes the missile range upto almost 2-fold compared to the original FM-90 variant:

12914343783651836.jpg

Infrared guidance diagram : FM-90 missile has infrared guidance & control system with enhanced standard position tracker and infrared devices, these let the missile deliver a comparatively stealthier hit:

12914343783631835.jpg

Related links : one, two, three, four, five, six & seven.

Tejgaon AFB hangar viewed from outside 1349 × 1021 pixels :

The structure with a white dome at right is guard room of Dhaka Cantonment military base entrance.

Another
image of this same hangar shot in the 1960's.

Three MiG-29 fighters flying, photo captured from inside cockpit :

BE A PATRIOTIC ARROWHEAD LOL:rofl:

What do they mean by arrowhead? :lol:

And what is with that ugly, ugly smurf color on our MiGs? :confused:

I have no idea what arrowhead means, but i bet all the english educated ppl in BD had a good laugh at it when they read the slogan

It is supposed to be camouflage. Stupidity at its best

It is supposed to be camouflage. Stupidity at its best

From what I've heard, the smurf color is supposed to make it harder for opponents to see it during dog fights. Don't know, it sounds silly to me.

From what I've heard, the smurf color is supposed to make it harder for opponents to see it during dog fights. Don't know, it sounds silly to me.

If that was true every nation who employs dog fight tactics for the air force would have painted their planes blue.

Nearest neighbour India has fought many wars using their jets, but none of their planes are blue, same for pakistan

If that was true every nation who employs dog fight tactics for the air force would have painted their planes blue.

Nearest neighbour India has fought many wars using their jets, but none of their planes are blue, same for pakistan

The Russians do however. Even their cockpits were blue colored in order to give pilots a more "soothing" feeling :lol:

Although, I have never seen any USAF or USN fighter painted blue. Other than the Blue Angels which is only for air shows.
BlueAngelsDiamond.jpg

Oh, and there's Japan too:
Mitsubishi-F-2.jpg

Guys, if some Bangladeshi on a motorcycle can shoot down a Typhoon with a pistol, then we should forget about procuring new fighters :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is possible in Bangladesh.
Bring me a gun and I'll you down a Typhoon Jet!

That retard isn't even riding a walton first of all,
still the ads cool.

Guys, if some Bangladeshi on a motorcycle can shoot down a Typhoon with a pistol, then we should forget about procuring new fighters :D

Hmmm...so thats what they teach you in SWADS:sniper:

If Typhoon can be shot down by a pistol, JF17 and tejas will be downed by fat aunties chucking BATA slippers:D

Bangladeshis FTW

Last edited by a moderator:
what a walton add it made me laugh i am sure he is from SWADS hahahha

so it is only 2 vehicles of FM90 we have inducted in to the BAF

Back
Top Bottom