What's new

Won't Play Cricket, Won't Talk, But Will Import Onions From Pakistan

Does not matter much to me, my food does not include onions..:) but still its delicious. So onions prices does not effect me. :-)

Onions ke bhaaw bahut bad gye hai. 55 ₹ per kg. here in Mumbai. Kal hi lene gya bahut dino baad dimaag kharab ho gya bhaaw sunkar.

Onion diplomacy. :azn:

Dude its onions, not oil. Sell, don't sell, matters little.

@Areesh It's just business. Pakistani traders do the same thing too. For example, Pakistan produces a lot of basmati rice. But they cannot sell it as basmati as India has the GI. So, they in turn sell it to Indian traders in Dubai, who sell it branding it as basmati. There is an ongoing litigation though, but unlikely anything will happen.

BTW, Onions have indeed become very costly, at least here in Pune. It's typical cold storage hoarding tactics basically.

So is Sport and should be treated as such. Otherwise, selectively tactics makes no sense. Why not boycott the whole thing rather being selective? Regarding the matter of importing onion, this is where their brain works, and not other matters.

So is Sport and should be treated as such. Otherwise, selectively tactics makes no sense. Why not boycott the whole thing rather being selective? Regarding the matter of importing onion, this is where their brain works, and not other matters.
Why will we boycott the whole thing? Cricket has millions of followers in India. This is a kind of pressure tactics, because a cricket related event makes money only when BCCI is involved.

India is a joke of a country, simple as that. Who plays politics on sports? Can you name me any country except India? India is the laughing stock. World laughs at the Baniyas.

India is a joke of a country, simple as that. Who plays politics on sports? Can you name me any country except India? India is the laughing stock. World laughs at the Baniyas.

Sports have always been politicized.

A history of boycotts of the Olympic Games - Matador Network

The Olympics Used To be So Politicized That Most of Africa Boycotted in 1976 - The Atlantic

Education is useful, your country is in desperate need of it else you guys will continue to entertain the rest of the world with your ignorance fueled bluster.

Why will we boycott the whole thing? Cricket has millions of followers in India. This is a kind of pressure tactics, because a cricket related event makes money only when BCCI is involved.

Except Pakistan cricket has been fine without India since 90's. There has been few cricket series between Pakistan and India during 2000-2007, and one tiny series in 2012.

Boycotting Pakistan in cricket never made any different for Pakistan because cricket is not that popular in Pakistan nor that sport is worshiped like religion.

Since this is not working out, perhaps boycott the whole thing since it is clearly case of pressure tactics. Never mind the fact that being selective does expose itself as hypocrite.

Sports have always been politicized.

A history of boycotts of the Olympic Games - Matador Network

The Olympics Used To be So Politicized That Most of Africa Boycotted in 1976 - The Atlantic

Education is useful, your country is in desperate need of it else you guys will continue to entertain the rest of the world with your ignorance fueled bluster.

So is trade. So why selective?

That's how its going to be.. Small time trade and perhaps a couple of years of medium sized trade while no talks on Kashmir and as for cricket. BCCI won't play us bcz it doesn't need the cash as it will get that by playing england and australia while playing other nations so it cab afford to bring politics there.

This is how the relations between the two nations have been since their inception and I don't see any changes coming in the future.

You can call it hypocrisy but that's just how both nations have functioned. Both have learned to work like that. Just like they can play our blind cricketers, women cricketers and heck our wrestlers but not the men's cricket team.

Spot on...This is a new form of normal relationship between India and Pakistan...I do not mind fighting on war like on TV channels rather than on border..At least on TV Channel, if we fight, channel TRP will increase and some one will get some monetary benifit..

We trade where we see fit and don't otherwise. Everyone's selective. Nothing new or unique. Besides, if you have a problem, petition your government to stop the trade.

India has problem with Pakistan, not the other way around. Why crying in the first place then? You do realize that sounds absurd at best.

Pakistan is happy to trade with India in many services including cricket, but India has problem with Pakistan. Since India is trying to put more pressure on Pakistan through cricket is not gonna work out given the history of Pakistan cricket, and even today, Pakistan cricket is in good financial position comparatively. Since the whole point of creating pressure tactics, it is imperative that India needs to boycott the whole things. Refusing to buy goods from Pakistan is likely to hurt the economy of Pakistan more than with cricket.

I am enjoying the whole hypocrisy here. :D

Except Pakistan cricket has been fine without India since 90's. There has been few cricket series between Pakistan and India during 2000-2007, and one tiny series in 2012.

Boycotting Pakistan in cricket never made any different for Pakistan because cricket is not that popular in Pakistan nor that sport is worshiped like religion.
You should not be complaining if it does not matter to you.
Since this is not working out, perhaps boycott the whole thing since it is clearly case of pressure tactics. Never mind the fact that being selective does expose itself as hypocrite.
Let us worry about what works and what does not.

politics, sports and business do not mix. i'd rather fight on the cricket pitch and sell onions than go to war.

Back
Top Bottom