What's new

Women Raped at Mazar-I-Quaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujahideen

Reaction score
Pakistani 'raped at Jinnah site'

A woman has been raped in the complex containing the mausoleum of Pakistan's founder in Karachi city, police say.

The victim, who has not been identified, went missing two days ago on a visit to the mausoleum of Pakistan's founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah.

She was visiting the city with her husband from the central province of Punjab, police say.

Karachi, Pakistan's only port and its largest city, has a high rate of crime, including kidnappings and rape.

"The rape took place in a room in the museum within the mausoleum compound," Superintendent of Police, Niaz Khoso, told the BBC.

"After she recorded her statement, we searched the premises."

"We found pieces of her clothing, bits of hair and other pieces of evidence," he said.

Gun-point

The woman recorded her statement with the police after a medical examination at a local hospital.

According to her statement and that of her husband and family members, she arrived in Karachi from the central Pakistani town of Lodhran three days ago.

The newly-wed 19-year-old victim said she was kidnapped at gunpoint by two men from the gate of the mausoleum on 15 March.

She told police she was drugged and then raped by her kidnappers and other men who later joined them.

In the meantime, her family reported her as missing to the local police.

On 17 March, the victim was found in a drugged state by paramilitary personnel on guard duty at the mausoleum.

She was handed over to the police, who got in touch with her family.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistani 'raped at Jinnah site'

^^^^What a shame. Are we worthy of even being called civilized. The man who stood for freedom, the man who stood for Constitutionalism, at his resting place this poor defenceless girl is allowed to be raped. I mean not that raping someone is a good thing but in a place like this, I think one of the busiest sites in Pakistan this is allowed to happen. When such acts happen we all stand accused, because we have developed this sort of culture, in which a women is allowed to be raped and the rapist fears no one. What a shame, shame on us.

I agree, i hope these men are found quickly and brought to court! They should be giving a strict sentence for their crime!!! This is just simply disgusting! Poor girl.

Dont they have surveillance camera at the complex?

First of all "making-out" shouldn't be allowed at the mausoleum. Have some freaking shame.

And then when these kind of incidents occur, dont be surprised.

There is a need for more security.

Thats what some people do there. I have been there. Its disgusting.

We should have harsher punishment for rapists, I suggest immidiate castration.

Na rahe ga baans na bajay ki bansuri.

I agree with NEO thats the only solution remaining in our country now. Rape rate is too high right now.

Neo,

What the heck? I was thinking the same. :lol:

One can hardly control weirdos anywhere in the world.

Baskets exist the world over.

that's why you need a death penalty to scare people. people will think twice before doing such acts. jail is not going to cut it for stuff like this.

As-Salaams

People who commit such heinous crimes should be punished in public as to be made an example and so deterring others and thus decreasing the rates of such crimes if not bringing them to an end. The worst thing is, it is much worse in rural areas where the paanchait acts as the 'government' and actually promote such ideas. Therefore such people should also be held as much in error as the offenders.

One can hardly control weirdos anywhere in the world.

Baskets exist the world over.

Brother
These baskets are much better off without their handles and adornments. I fully support Neos suggestion of Castration without anaesthesia.
Araz

castration isn't right, they could still be able to have erections and might be tempted to use their 'tools' out of spite of what was done to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom