What's new

With Tail Between Legs, China Asks Philippines For Talks On Territorial Dispute

China’s ‘impossible’ demands reason why PHL refuses bilateral talks – DFA
By CEDRIC CASTILLO
GMA News June 11, 2015 9:20pm

Amid reports that China has suggested anew a bilateral form of negotiation to settle territorial disputes in the West Philippine Sea, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Thursday dismissed the possibility of one-on-one talks.

Speaking to reporters, DFA spokesperson Charles Jose said the Philippine government has "exhausted all reasonable effort" to resolve the issue through bilateral consultations as China demands. Talks failed, he said, because of the conditions set by China.

"Sinubukan na natin. And then may impossible pre-condition nga ang China sa bilateral talks na gusto nila. We should recognize 'yung indisputable sovereignty nila. I think that is an impossible pre-condition that we cannot accept," said Jose.
("We already tried. But the bilateral talks with China has an impossible pre-condition that favors them. We should recognize their indisputable sovereignty. I think that is an impossible pre-condition that we cannot accept")

The Philippines has already submitted a formal protest to the United Nations Arbitral Tribunal in reaction to China's continued construction on disputed territories in the West Philippine Sea.

Asked about China's reported military exercises in Bashi Channel, Jose said the DFA has no confirmation if the military drills were done in Philippine territorial waters.

The DFA spokesperson said, however, that the Philippine government should be informed if China is to conduct military activities within Philippine territory. — BM, GMA News

More from: China’s ‘impossible’ demands reason why PHL refuses bilateral talks – DFA | News | GMA News Online

China’s ‘impossible’ demands reason why PHL refuses bilateral talks – DFA
By CEDRIC CASTILLO
GMA News June 11, 2015 9:20pm

Amid reports that China has suggested anew a bilateral form of negotiation to settle territorial disputes in the West Philippine Sea, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Thursday dismissed the possibility of one-on-one talks.

Speaking to reporters, DFA spokesperson Charles Jose said the Philippine government has "exhausted all reasonable effort" to resolve the issue through bilateral consultations as China demands. Talks failed, he said, because of the conditions set by China.

"Sinubukan na natin. And then may impossible pre-condition nga ang China sa bilateral talks na gusto nila. We should recognize 'yung indisputable sovereignty nila. I think that is an impossible pre-condition that we cannot accept," said Jose.
("We already tried. But the bilateral talks with China has an impossible pre-condition that favors them. We should recognize their indisputable sovereignty. I think that is an impossible pre-condition that we cannot accept")

The Philippines has already submitted a formal protest to the United Nations Arbitral Tribunal in reaction to China's continued construction on disputed territories in the West Philippine Sea.

Asked about China's reported military exercises in Bashi Channel, Jose said the DFA has no confirmation if the military drills were done in Philippine territorial waters.

The DFA spokesperson said, however, that the Philippine government should be informed if China is to conduct military activities within Philippine territory. — BM, GMA News

More from: China’s ‘impossible’ demands reason why PHL refuses bilateral talks – DFA | News | GMA News Online

Spratly is claimed by 4 Viet, Phil, Malay and China. Its good when Phi is not trapped in to china trick.

Spratly is claimed by 4 Viet, Phil, Malay and China. Its good when Phi is not trapped in to china trick.

Sadly, we may have fallen to China's trick - it happened with Scarborough, and the upcoming presidential elections here in the PH could change everything if a pro-China PH president wins, because there is one.

Sadly, we may have fallen to China's trick - it happened with Scarborough, and the upcoming presidential elections here in the PH could change everything if a pro-China PH president wins, because there is one.

I believe that Philippine people is smart to elect the new president, he could protect sovereignty of Philippine under rules of international laws. Scarborough is still there, Chinese invader can't swallow it.

I believe that Philippine people is smart to elect the new president, he could protect sovereignty of Philippine under rules of international laws. Scarborough is still there, Chinese invader can't swallow it.
sovereignty of Philippine is also under Vietnam‘s claim,you two countries should kill each other

sovereignty of Philippine is also under Vietnam‘s claim,you two countries should kill each other

Paracel belong to Vietnam, Scarborough belong to Philippine

In Spratly we are ready to negotiate with Malaysia, China and Philippine base on multi-partial principle.

This is Viet-Pynoy navy friendship mitting in Spratly.

hai-quan-viet-nam-philippines-giao-lu-truong-sa-datviet.vn-03_28105444.jpg

This jiang is really funny. Why not ask for a battle order and do it yourself? :cheesy:

We are waiting. :sniper::china:

This jiang is really funny. Why not ask for a battle order and do it yourself? :cheesy:

We are waiting. :sniper::china:

I am curious. Didn‘t Philippine claim the whole Spratly?and you people don’t seem to be angry with the viets occupying the most of it.. Why? Help me understand here

I am curious. Didn‘t Philippine claim the whole Spratly?and you people don’t seem to be angry with the viets occupying the most of it.. Why? Help me understand here

We could negotiate with the Vietnamese and come to a settlement, but China doesn't want any compromise except for one - surrender our EEZ in that area to China and in turn, receive China's "blessings", forcing us to rely only on China, and China alone. And if we defy China your lot could simply enforce economic sanctions on us and command other countries to follow what China did.

And to what end? We will be left with an EEZ that is more prone to typhoon and an economy that can easily be disrupted by China!

Sorry kid, but when it comes to dirty, you chinese are the world leaders, it seems like littering is the national chinese past time. Never seen people so dirty, they trow everything on the floor like if they have their mama walking behind them to clean up. Of course you don't understand the difference with other countries because you never left your dirty chinese village.

He is not sleeping yet, he is doing his nightly meditation.......

Amitabha Amitabha, get me a beautiful girl,
Amitabha Amitabha, get me a beautiful girl.......
a monk can't have a girl, they can't disobey the rule.

We could negotiate with the Vietnamese and come to a settlement, but China doesn't want any compromise except for one - surrender our EEZ in that area to China and in turn, receive China's "blessings", forcing us to rely only on China, and China alone. And if we defy China your lot could simply enforce economic sanctions on us and command other countries to follow what China did.

And to what end? We will be left with an EEZ that is more prone to typhoon!

Bullshit!! China already proposed joint development in SCS and you call that no compromise?We certainly can live without a few oil and fish if that’s what this is all about

And good luck negotiating with the Vietnamese :rofl: They don‘t even want to share Spratly with China and daydreaming getting back Paracels!! definitely they gonna kick you out of Spratly if China is out of the picture. lmao feel free to ask @Viet

Bullshit!! China already proposed joint development in SCS and you call that no compromise?We certainly can live without a few oil and fish if that’s what this is all about

And good luck negotiating with the Vietnamese :rofl: They don‘t even want to share Spratly with China and daydreaming getting back Paracels!! definitely they gonna kick you out of Spratly if China is out of the picture. lmao feel free to ask @Viet

Apparently, for Mainland China, "joint-development" meant taking other country's EEZ and force their economy to be reliant alone on China.

Whatever compromise you could think off, all of them are in favor of China. Period.

Apparently, for Mainland China, "joint-development" meant taking other country's EEZ and force their economy to be reliant alone on China.

Whatever compromise you could think off, all of them are in favor of China. Period.
You are pretty biased to say that, or brainwashed by the lies your media tried to feed you

Anyway it‘s good to know it's more about EEZ than the islets. of course.you guys already got more islands than you can even count

You are pretty biased to say that, or brainwashed by the lies your media tried to feed you

Anyway it‘s good to know it's more about EEZ than the islets. of course.you guys already got more islands than you can even count

Isn't China... or rather, the CPP is brainwashing their own people? Because it seems that if someone presents an idea that is not favoring China, your reply is "I am brainwashed."

Back
Top Bottom