What's new

With Tail Between Legs, China Asks Philippines For Talks On Territorial Dispute

What kind of headline is that from a magazine, which claims to be well established and respected.

Yellow journalism at its best...

This thread is becoming a comedy!:pop:

Anyways, what if the topic was written in a way to make it appear China is cowering but actually is it the opposite?

Because I really doubt China would be cowering in fear when her ships are just waiting off our shores and waiting to shoot and continues to "grow larger".

But in other news, the Jiangs here are definitely furious on this news and are currently requesting battle orders. :cheesy:

Just barely surviving with oily and probably toxic chinese food. Oh well, Its just business, as soon as I finish (in a couple of days) I'll dash out in no time. No problem about the police, I actually have a good friend here that is a higher up in the police.

No need to take pictures, nothing here to be excited about.

I'm sure is because of the tribunal coming up, that's what they are worried about. Once the tribunal gives the results, US can use that to justify actual action against china.

Even if you don't know anyone in the Chinese police force, I don't think they would bully you since you have a foreign passport. If you are a Chinese citizen, you might get a different treatment I suspect.

Well after the Philippines got tricked by China after the Scarborough shoal "talks",I'm not sure if the Filipino could fully trust China again.

Good going Philippines. That's how to handle a rogue bully.

Well after the Philippines got tricked by China after the Scarborough shoal "talks",I'm not sure if the Filipino could fully trust China again.

I'm going to hope the Philippines doesn't put their eggs in trust, but rather their own negotiating abilities.

Since they are all politicians on either side, I'm sure they know how to hold someone to a contract, wouldn't be the first time they have to do something like that and certainly won't be the last.

As to China asking for talks, that has always been the goal, why was the 9 dash line ambiguous? To leave room for talks. Some here thinks 9 dash line is final outcome, it could be, but there's nothing final about the line right now.

Wait for 2016, because if Binay wins the PH presidential election (given he doesn't go to get convicted), expect a 180 degree turn in our foreign policy...

...which could mean losing our entire EEZ in the process.

On the other hand, it looks like there is a new Jiang in the making here! :raise:

Officially Duterte haven't said anything, but it is a probability since his proposals are "unique" considering that current policitians NEVER said anything like "decentralization of powers".

As for Binay - Madilim ang kinabukasan. Hell, he is against a bill that would curb political dynasties.

The new Jiang? It's Muzits.

Hindi masiyado si Binay at pina ka korropt yan, ang anak niya yung former mayor sa Makati --- putriyagis!!! lol. Ano na entitlement attitude diba?

I put my confidence in Duterte or Mar Roxas. They're both business friendly and nationalistic minded.

I like Duterte very much . Look at how he governs Davao, one can see how he will govern the country.

What I meant was they probably won't take any "negotiation" seriously anymore, given what happened during the last "negotiation" for the Scarborough shoal.

Happened last time, then maybe they should hire someone who isn't a moron and is smart enough to do the job.

You do realize politicians gets paid tax dollars right. I guess Chinese tax dollars were better spent than the Filipino's did.

Again a trick no need to talk to china just pressure the arbitration case

Happened last time, then maybe they should hire someone who isn't a moron and is smart enough to do the job.

You do realize politicians gets paid tax dollars right. I guess Chinese tax dollars were better spent than the Filipino's did.

So I few bad for the tax payers then. I guess they won't send the same negotiators back again.

@Nihonjin1051 I want to apologize to you too. You know what I mean. Even if you were the one to keep reporting on me, I want to let you know I dont feel angry.

If you haven't noticed, I just came out of a very good meditation session.

I alway advise Chine government. Chine surrender to USA, choosing democracy, then gain compensation from south Asia, south east Asia. The little pissant neighbors will be deadly quiet.

The article is written with such mendicant bias. One should appraise the Chinese policy in deep bilateralism, something that has been a hallmark of their foreign policy. If the Philippines and China can develop a framework to "work out" differences, then that's great.

The Philippines and China need to form a direct channel for communication, much like what Japan and China have successfully rated and worked out this year.

So you see, folks, there is light outside the tunnel.

Promising news. :)

@OrionHunter ,

One theme that we have to appreciate is that China is willing to entreat with parties and not act on shear unilaterlism as like what Moscow had done in 1) Georgia, 2) The Crimea, 3) The Ukraine.

China, under the leadership of President Xi Jinping and under the guidance of the 13th Plennum's Mandate, is willing to cooperate and to discuss with partners in the region. That is why I admire the Chinese in that nationalistic tendencies aside, they (Chinese Leadership) are mature enough to consider their own weight and capabilities and that of their much smaller neighbors.

Rather, I should say that we should appreciate how restrained the Chinese have been. How all claimants have been restrained, period. I think that this will be the basis for regional cooperation in joint patrols, joint development of said maritime areas. This is an opportunity not only for the Chinese, but for ASEAN and the surrounding Asian region.

Ahhahaha, my diplomatic friend, I wonder why Japan doesn't make you it's foreign minister. You will be a good diplomat indeed.

To be honest, I agree with you, overall China has been quite docile/restrained in it's disputes with it's smaller neighbours (maybe because of U. S presence as well) . had it been the great Russian bear , then there would be no dispute at all today as Russia would have longgggg taken all these islands. :rofl:

Ay Caramba!!!!!!!!

Namo Amitabha, namo amitabha, namo amitabha, namo amitabha, namo amitabha, namo amitabha, namo amitabha, namo amitabha.....

36126.jpg

See? Who said that praying doesn't work? Get a girl like that for @Nihonjin1051 and all past problems will be dissolved.

See? Who said that praying doesn't work? Get a girl like that for @Nihonjin1051 and all past problems will be dissolved.

Im praying for my heart pounding impure thoughts to go away!!!! Not to get a girl.

Anyway, it looks like my nihon friend doesn't want a virtual reconciliatory handshake. I'm heading off to sleep now. Come to think of it, I might get reported and banned for posting that image. If so then no hard feeling, farewell my good Spanish friend. Good talking to you again.

Remember to have compassion for those "trolls." They are just really hurt after all.

Adios.

Back
Top Bottom